Question About Spirits

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

#1 bartz

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

it's something I've noticed, you know where people have trouble with spirit activity and call in ghost hunters and mediums, it's like they don't really help but sort of explain the situation and then leave yeah. it seems that nearly all the time it ends up the church getting involved in order to remove the negative energies. I wonder why does the churches healing or cleansing work but the spiritual medium clensing or work with guides and angels seemed to have no effect. I know a lot of the paranormal shows are for entertainment purposes but apparently it's true stories it's based on. how do you feel here?

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

IMO, The houses that are cured by the clergy, ten to one had demonic activity, which was why the church cleansing worked. Some paranormal groups do help in cleansing homes of benign and "evil" activity. They have ordained ministers to help cleanse or bless the building or persons involved. T.A.P.S., for example, had shown a few times on their show blessings and cleansings by ordained clergy and demonologists.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 bartz

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

sorry if that sounded a bit harsh. you see I'm not a fan of 'demons' I always thought that was a church scare tactic yeah and I don't think many mediums believe in old mr.satan. but then again I don't really know for sure what lurks, but I can imagine there is a lot of negative entities, I'm sure mediums will agree at here as that's why they doffer their self protection to keep negative energy away yeah.

#4 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

The TV shows are always pulling the 'demon' card because they want to scare viewers/get ratings. Ghost adventures are one of the worst for this, they are always talking up 'dark energy' and demonic 'oppression' .

IMO Kindred Spirits is the one show that seems the most genuine, they don't focus on anything but helping the home owners, unlike most shows, and don't try to hype things up by running around yelling or pulling the demon card. They've had plenty of activity, and few seemed hostile. I compared this to Dead Files (which I do like), in which there are always nasty entities that need to be removed. I asked Adam berry on Twitter why this is, he said it's because of different investigation styles
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:22 AM

View Postbartz, on 16 September 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

sorry if that sounded a bit harsh. you see I'm not a fan of 'demons' I always thought that was a church scare tactic yeah and I don't think many mediums believe in old mr.satan. but then again I don't really know for sure what lurks, but I can imagine there is a lot of negative entities, I'm sure mediums will agree at here as that's why they doffer their self protection to keep negative energy away yeah.

Some are Gods of other religions that the Christians labeled "Demons" to get other people to join their churches. The Celtic Gods have been called "Demons" by the Catholic church, among others. I know because of my name. MacCionoadha means the "Son of the beloved of Aodh. Aed, or Aodh, is the Irish god of fire, prince of the Daoine Sidhe and a god of the underworld. And I have been called the "Spawn of Satan." They deemed him and the other Gods and Goddess evil and prohibited the worship of them. It is the same thing they do for other groups religious festivals or holidays. Easter was not about Christ in the old prechristian days. It was a ritual day for the German Goddess Esther (Ēostre or Ostara) and linking the hare and egg to her.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 18 September 2018 - 02:24 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

Well the investigators are really more there to prove it than anything else, and maybe talk to the spirits to find out more information (remember information is good) and then get in contact with someone who can hopefully help. As to the "helpers", I've seen those priests and the like cause it to stir up rather than solve the problem. Nothing to do with demons. I've also seen other religions solve the problem after the christian leader tried and failed. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Keep in mind that these are tv shows. They are meant to entertain more than anything else.  They started complaining a few years ago that they are running out of stories to tell that have basis in reality. I'm following alot of paranormal storytellers on youtube too and they have alot of stories, I often wonder how much truth there is to these stories. I'm willing to bet very little.

#7 daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

As a recent Christian who has delt with spirituality all my life and has dealt with the dead and non human entities from a very early age,all I can say is it's so complex amd and complicated on so many levels. The holy spirit is.  God is. Jesus is. There is so much we just can't explain. This is of course my opion only amd most people wont understand me. But I do know thr
u the course of my life the spiritual entities
want to connect to the living and its not always in a good way.

I always turn to cedar and sage and prayers.

Edited by daphnerose, 18 September 2018 - 09:20 PM.

#8 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

I feel the average person has as much influence over ridding negativity from an area as the church or ghost hunters have. I think it is the intent the person uses that makes the all the difference.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

The church doesn't always work. Sometimes it makes things much much worse. Sometimes it does nothing at all and another religion or spirituality works. On those shows, I've watched Buddhism, and Wicca work just as well and often.

Edited by moiraesfate, 23 September 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:25 AM

good points, I've seen shamans etc used to better effect depending on what exactly the people are up against
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 bartz

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

have you seen the insidious movies? I like to think that it is very loosely based on what it's really like, the astral plane where astral beings are active and then your spirit people, a mixture of angry or lost and good spirits, then there's the possible negative entities that seem to just feed off you. I like to think the general idea of insidious films is quite realistic to what the people report paranormal wise yeah.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

I haven't seen that movie I had to google the trailer to make sure. I usually don't watch creepy paranormal movies but do catch glimpses when my adult daughter does....but she hasn't watched that one.

I think you are correct with your description of the different planes.
My Signature
Posted Image

#13 bartz

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

I was just wondering earlier about how science people feel in their research on psychic abilities and mediumship. I'm sure I heard they agree with pinel gland being the mind's eye. there's quite a lot psychic footage that's recorded under controlled situation, it does look promising but notice how the media is very quiet about it all, you gotta look elsewhere yeah. if there's anything on TV they put down for entertainment purposes only, I find that annoying lol its like they don't want you to know much. it's believed we only use about 10 percent of our brains, but imagine if we could unlock more and tap in to inner creativity and i think you would be a very impressive psychic medium, it would be interesting to see.

#14 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:53 AM

I think they have to put it into that category of "Entertainment". It is like the pharmaceutical bodies can only claim a drug "May" or "Can" ease pain. Legally they can't say it will! Yes, I think that would be interesting to see too
My Signature
Posted Image

#15 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:14 AM

I think most scientists don't believe in all this. They put it in the realm of pseudoscience at best. At the moment, there's no way to prove ghosts exist which is why they look for other reasons people are seeing them even after the other reasons have been ruled out. Ghosts and spirits aren't like trained monkeys, they don't perform on command so it's hard to prove they exist.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com