Disappearance Of Alienhub

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 CensoredForSafety

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,music,writing and anything creative.Psychology and quantum physics are cool too.

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:32 AM

So, there used to be a forum called AlienHub. Iím sure at least a few of you have heard of it, or maybe even have been part of it. It was first put up in 2002, and has grown over time. At the end of it, it had a million posts and thirty thousand members. Even more than a decade of its existence, it was still quite full and lively.

Then, in 2017, it suddenly got shut down. There was no reason, and no warning for shutting it down. It just kinda dissapeared. A lot of people, including me, think that there is something fishy behind it.
Do you think that there was some reason for shutting it down? Was the owner forced to take it down? Or am I just looking too far into this? If anyone has any info or theories on this, please let me know.

#2 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:09 PM

According to a post on Fortean Times, it was up for sale but they were asking too much for it so there were no buyers.

Hereís a link to the post...

http://forum.fortean...ng-point.62853/

Edited by lorac61469, 17 September 2018 - 05:31 PM.

#3 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,029 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

Oddly enough I've never heard of that site -- and I'm not only a paranormal enthusiast but also a UFO one. There are some good forums out there that cover the topic, or at least have large sections devoted to them
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:54 PM

I haven't heard of the site either so will be having a look too :yes: Thanks for sharing :D
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

haven't heard of it sorry, but they way of the internet is that these types of forums and boards are quite expensive to keep going, and a lot of them are shutting down or asking to be sold to keep going. It probably just got hit by the change in user behaviour.
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com