• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

I have to say, this is creepy...  I hope it's not a parody, but it sounds like alien chanting to me.  It could also be endless echoing on a two-way radio, but I don't know.  I'm a sucker for oddities captured on short-wave radios, so this is extremely interesting to me.  What do you think this is?

Bizarre Chanting on Shortwave Radio
Posted Image

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

I'm too scared to click lol
Posted Image

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Should I say "click link at your own risk"???  :D
Posted Image

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Nah, lol, it's just my thing about alien stuff kicking in. peeps who love it will click, peeps who don't will probably click anyways, or stay away.
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,279 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

I checked the comments section and it turns out they are speaking the Malay language around Pontianak, Indonesia. I know one is saying " Jamin lah, jamin lah, jamin lah " Jamin lah means "Guarantee It".

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 11 February 2018 - 11:54 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 11 February 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

I checked the comments section and it turns out they are speaking the Malay language around Pontianak, Indonesia. I know one is saying " Jamin lah, jamin lah, jamin lah " Jamin lah means "Guarantee It".

I also checked the comments but don't know how people are able to hear some of this so clearly.  I understand it might be a foreign language, but I watched the video three times until one of those words actually jumped out at me, and I'm not even fluent in those languages at all.  Also, if it's possibly not an echo, why are these people repeating themselves???  Posted Image

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 11 February 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Nah, lol, it's just my thing about alien stuff kicking in. peeps who love it will click, peeps who don't will probably click anyways, or stay away.

I can't tell you what to do, but I will tell you that it sounds quite interesting!  :)
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,279 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

It could be that they are echos of the words. I don't know. Posted Image   They could be bouncing of something and reverberating around or the people could just be goofing off.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 11 February 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

It could be that they are echos of the words. I don't know. Posted Image   They could be bouncing of something and reverberating around or the people could just be goofing off.

That's definitely a possibility.  I've just never heard so much repetition.  I mean, if it isn't chanting, I guess it would have to be an echo.  I appreciate the feedback, MacC :)
Posted Image

#9 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

lol, to those confused by this recording, just think of this like a kind of amateur radio version of a totally unmoderated Twitch chat. There's a bit of conversation and A LOT of noise; spamming the same thing over and over (chanting) and other irreverent behavior. It's people messing around and competing with each other to be heard, drowning each other out etc. It's fun for them.

#10 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostTrue North, on 11 February 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

lol, to those confused by this recording, just think of this like a kind of amateur radio version of a totally unmoderated Twitch chat. There's a bit of conversation and A LOT of noise; spamming the same thing over and over (chanting) and other irreverent behavior. It's people messing around and competing with each other to be heard, drowning each other out etc. It's fun for them.

I don't think the right word is "confused"...  I would say, personally, that I am just blown away by how "out of this world" this dialect sounds.  I'm sure it's distorted because of how far off they are recording this from where the receiver is, but in all honesty, I'm more intrigued than confused.
Posted Image

#11 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

I think it's people just playing around, I have a CB radio and people do this all the time, to com peat or to drowned out the other operators, you can get a special microphones that repeat what you say for long periods. Echo mic's like a "Echo Max 2000"

Posted Image

Edited by kevinscan, 11 February 2018 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#12 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Thanks kevinscan.  Probably exactly what it is.  Still is odd that it is so distorted, but radio waves can do crazy things.
Posted Image

#13 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

Is my dance music :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#14 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:12 AM

Klainey!  I didn't know!  What planet are you actually from?  ;)
Posted Image

#15 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

Here's one of the YouTube comments that could be a possibility.

John Grimmett - 3 months ago
Sorry if I remove all the mystique, but these are ham radio operators in Indonesia engaging in an illegal usage called "band racing." They try to drown each other out, basically. I have this straight from an Indonesian ham I've talked to, so it's really not a secret. So, earlier guesses such as testing amplifiers or old guys messing around the radio are close. There's no secret cult her, though, just some competitive hams.

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:20 AM

You've scared me, with with that Echomax machine and the post sounds scary so I'm not game to click on the link!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#18 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 12 February 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Here's one of the YouTube comments that could be a possibility.

John Grimmett - 3 months ago
Sorry if I remove all the mystique, but these are ham radio operators in Indonesia engaging in an illegal usage called "band racing." They try to drown each other out, basically. I have this straight from an Indonesian ham I've talked to, so it's really not a secret. So, earlier guesses such as testing amplifiers or old guys messing around the radio are close. There's no secret cult her, though, just some competitive hams.

Well, maybe it is a cult.  Maybe they knew they were being listened to and toned it down a little bit ^_^

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 13 February 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

You've scared me, with with that Echomax machine and the post sounds scary so I'm not game to click on the link!

But sometimes it's fun being scared :) it's not like something is going to jump out at you.  My advice?  Listen to it when you first wake up, then you won't have bad dreams.  Works for my wife, every time :D
Posted Image

#19 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

I like it! It's hauntingly captivating in my opinion.  Thanks Night!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users