• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

That is what I was thinking but I wasn't really sure. Thanks for the info Hunter.

#42 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:25 PM

Not to sound like a know it all but a recent medical study has shown that taking vitamin pill supplements for children is not really very good for them. Oh they vitamins are good for them but the concentrations of the pills irritate the stomach linings and may cause in worst case situations ulcers but mainly just upset tummies if taken on a regular basis or in large doses. Having a well balanced meal is a lot healthier for them.

And do not worry I am guilty as well. Who has the time for a well balanced meal all the time? Hamburger helper and pizzas is a regular staple around here. But we try. At least a few times a week.

OH yes it dinner time okay what brand will it be tonight Lasanga or Salisbury steak?
Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#43 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:34 PM

I am about to go feast on some shrimp cocktail and some summer sausage. Og man I hate the holidays but I love the food, lol.

#44 Guest_xenaswolf_*

Guest_xenaswolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:29 PM

This guy sounds like one  of the patients at the mental hospital I worked at. We had to take him in for surgery for swallowing 4 SETS of dominos. He wouldn't allow surgery so when he finally passed out from the pain, they did emergency surgery on him as his life was in danger.

#45 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(xenaswolf @ Dec 24 2004, 08:29 PM)
This guy sounds like one  of the patients at the mental hospital I worked at. We had to take him in for surgery for swallowing 4 SETS of dominos. He wouldn't allow surgery so when he finally passed out from the pain, they did emergency surgery on him as his life was in danger.

View Post

blink.gif Ummmmm WOW!!!!! 4 sets of dominos!!!!!! That is insane!!!! I couldn't imagine doing that!! I hope he wasn't too angry after he realised that the surgury saved his life! huh.gif

#46 Guest_xenaswolf_*

Guest_xenaswolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Dec 24 2004, 10:01 PM)
blink.gif Ummmmm WOW!!!!! 4 sets of dominos!!!!!! That is insane!!!! I couldn't imagine doing that!! I hope he wasn't too angry after he realised that the surgury saved his life! huh.gif

View Post

LOL well considering he was locked up on the criminally insane ward ( where folks go when they are too crazy to go to jail, don't get me started LOL) ya it was pretty nutso.

Lets put it this way, once he woke up, they kept him far far away from stuff he could swallow and had to have someone feed him and all that after he got out of the hospital. We had to do a hospital watch on this  guy for about a week till he got out of the hospital. LONG HOURS!

#47 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

ohmy.gif Holy Crimony...FOUR sets?!! Crazy...no pun intended.  tongue.gif

#48 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:55 PM

OUCH in the worse way! I just finished a game of dominoes and that is amazing.

#49 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Dec 25 2004, 08:55 PM)
OUCH in the worse way! I just finished a game of dominoes and that is amazing.

View Post

Well, I hope you didn't eat them when you were done.

#50 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 02:53 PM

We made some Chocolate Dominos once and ate them! Does that count?

Yes Lord Draven I love the holidays as well. Everywhere I go there is good food and even better sweats. I think I have put on several pounds already! At least it is easily digestible.
laugh.gif

#51 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:23 PM

I hate the holidays just love the food, lol. I ate myself retarded as always and spent today in a sick mood, lol. The sad part is as soon as I felt better I hit the leftovers and now the cycle starts again. I have no appetite until the holidays.

#52 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:28 PM

What I really meant was that I love the holidays for the food. Not much else but this Holidays I was treated to a special treat SNOW! It never snows down here. I am still in Shock.

Edited by Hunter, 28 December 2004 - 07:18 AM.

#53 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:28 PM

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread! wink.gif

#54 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:31 PM

we got a great deal of snow here actually. I hate it myself.

#55 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:36 PM

Hmm, it seems Helena's post was ignored?

#56 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Dec 27 2004, 10:36 PM)
Hmm, it seems Helena's post was ignored?

View Post

Not ignored just temporally side tracked.

Well we are all back at work and I just in a report that a child swallowed a bunch of those metal figures that War gamers like to paint. I think these were the ones that are popular right now a War hammer set. It turns out that her older brother got them for Christmas. That is all I know at this time. Man it just makes me sick. Luckily the girl is okay and they say that they were able to remove them with no problem. Now I need to go test them for lead.

Just a warning Parents. Many of those little figures out there are made with lead or a lead mixture. Lead (as in the metal) tastes sweet so some kids like to suck on them like candy. That is not good for them at all. So do not let young children handle them to often and if they do have them wash their hands after wards and before eating.

Edited by Hunter, 28 December 2004 - 12:33 PM.

#57 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 06:07 PM

Sorry, I posted the same time and did not see hers, it happens. I could not imagine eating an RPG miniature, that would hurt all the way down.

#58 LadyTimeLord

LadyTimeLord

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:10 AM

wow...when I was in kindergarten I once swollowed a dime accidently at nap time. was laying there on my back with the dime in my mouth and then I took a breath in and could feel it slide right down my throat.
guess I could say Im worth 10 cents LOL tongue.gif

I dream I'm this adventurer. This daredevil, a madman. The Doctor, I'm called. And last night, I dreamt that you were there. As my companion.
~
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful
~
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

#59 Hunter

Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 06:29 AM

Well good news there was no lead in the metal. So the child will be okay. A very sore throat for a few days but she will okay. It just goes to show that you should never leave small object around where very young children can get a hold of them!

#60 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 06:17 PM

glad to hear they are ok now. I have been known to swallow things when I was little just because I was always so curious.