Free Skins
© Fisana

Harpers Ferry, Shepherdstown, Or Antietam Haunted?

haunted places

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kalinda

kalinda

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hey guys I'm new, wanted to post about my hometown

This place is kinda ghostly. I never really liked it here. There are places in West Virginia I have liked, but this place has always felt haunted or uncomfortable to me and I've lived here 12+ years! Half my life. I've never seen any apparitions here, but I've had dark seeming experiences, much darker than anywhere else I've lived. It's like death here, I don't see ghosts because it's anti-conductive IMO because the vibes I get are often too much to bear. For instance, a haunted item caused chest pains when I wore it--and made images of rolling hills appear on my computer no matter which computer I had. They kept popping up after I took a picture of it, it bewitched my camera making it have photos of a girl looking half from a mirror sideways, and I deleted it immediately!Attached File  06989HarpersFerry.jpg   82.74K   37 downloads

That's how spooked I was. It was just weird, it looked bad photography too, like black and white. The camera had no photos on it before I took the picture and video of the necklace. It also was my reason for thinking I had TK abilities. I think it was bewitched. True, the other odd thing was the tag which I took no notice of said it was a link between this world and the other-realms. Every necklace had a paper tag which read some special ability of the necklace. Knowing had bad this one turned out, I imagine they were all cursed and if I'd chosen something else it could've been worse than that. I don' know where it is, but I bought it in a store in Halltown WV, which I'm not sure I've heard it's haunted or not.

I never go to graveyards, and I don't feel the best unless I'm way up on the top of mountains here.

Attached File  Shepherdstown-757407.jpg   83.68K   40 downloads I walk by this library almost every day.

In shepherdstown, I've heard more spook stories than I want to know. Voices coming in on radio speakers when bands are jamming, and being recorded. Phones acting weird. My own camera re-charged itself, and a lot of general weird things. One guy told a story about a ouija board repeated the word red and then a can of red paint slamming itself across the floor when they were painting a cafe. I don't know if any of these are true stories. There are a ton of liberals, gays, leftists, wiccans, spiritualists, and really weird people here. I think it's the atmosphere, more than anything.

It's always so dismal here though, at least for me. I don't know why. Despite how many odd people are here. There's also a Masonic headquarters above a shop, or meeting room with a pinwheel and other symbols on it. A masonic bar, which I suspect there are a lot of masons here but no one reveals it to me. I only know one family member is a mason cause i saw it on his FB.

Anyways, IDK anyone else know of haunted stories here? How do you remedy them? The people here are often nice to your face though, that can't be beat. There's a vibe of friendliness and wariness here. Also, I think it was settled by Quakers, and the town revolves around the college which was one of the first nursing colleges and teaching. I went there a couple years but quit recently. I need to do something other than be *here* anymore. I'm going a tad stir crazy.

Maybe my new career: A Paranormal Investigator. "Red Lights" style! Except I won't die like in the movie. Oh that movie kinda mirrored some of my observances. It's hard to admit without sounding crazy.

There are a lot of great community things about the historic town of Shepherdstown, not far from Harpers Ferry  (though I hardly visit there) it's deff prettier in Harpers Ferry IMO. That might have more spiritual activity, I'm not sure. I can't compare the two.Attached File  dream-270x270.jpg   12.52K   32 downloads

#2 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Actually, I thought the photo's were lovely.  Very quaint and with a small town appeal.  There are many ghost stories on this site, you'll just have to take your time and look at all the forums.  As far as wanting to "get away", you are an adult, so you can leave any time you wish.  Most sincere ghost investigative teams don't charge for their service.  They are out there to learn about the paranormal and gather evidence - they also sincerely try to help those in need.  This is my way of saying it's unlikely you'll get "rich" or even support yourself with just a paranormal group.  Most of the folks on here all have real jobs, and ghost hunt on the side.  Many of us on here have told our stories at some point, on some forum, I know I have.

Nice of you to tell us about yourself, take a look around and if you have any questions - we all try to help each other. :innocent0005:
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#3 kalinda

kalinda

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yep, the weather was awesome today and students are back. So today was the needed exception after a month or so of dismal cold. I cant wait for it to be warm again!! My favorite season is by far spring.

I still think this area is haunted. :anim_63:

#4 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Well considering that there are many published books and stories about ghosts at Antietam and Harper's Ferry particularly then I guess you could say that at least those two places are pretty haunted.  I've heard stories about the college,  but not as many as the other two places.

#5 GRAVEYARD HOUND

GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, general and specific, collecting art, exotic cars,edged weapons/fire arms, occult books, travel, cruises esp., Middle Ages, no not mine, painting, am an artist, well sorta, women, no I'm not gay, Anything else, ask.BTW, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, researcher in "paranormal" "things" as well as "darker "arts".

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Lost my comment on Harper'sFerry and Antietam so if it shows up, sorry. Been to both many, many, times, especially Antietam, bloodiest 1 day battle in the entire Civil War and things were really just getting started in 1862. I frankly did not enjoy my visits, though I had a lot of relatives that made it back in one piece no small feat in the war, as amputations were standard medical treatment of various types of wounds. As I mentioned before "Bloody Lane", had bodies stacked so high one could waalk from one end of it tto another and not  touch the ground. There are still photographs proving such a point. Granted it was a horrible carnage but there was still Fredricksburg in Dec.1862. Gettysburg to follow in July, 1863, for 3 days of slaughter. I suggest that every Civil War battlfield and even surrounding locations, such as towns, are haunted by those that were killed, many having no concrete notion of what they were dying for.
" No, I don't know what is wrong. Hell, if I did know, do you honestly think I'd be trying to find a real witch to give me some valid information"?

#6 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

Harper's Ferry is the one place I always wanted to go, because I grew up in West Virginia. What I am hoping to do is get on board with a paranormal team and travel when they go to certain locations
Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#7 Paranormal AfterParty

Paranormal AfterParty

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

I was just in Harper's Ferry 2 1/2 weeks ago. Great place! I was too caught up in the history to notice anything paranormal. Or, it may be that I was just burnt out from investigating the Apollo Theater in Martinsburg, WV 8 hours earlier. ;)
ParanormalAfterParty.com
http://www.youtube....ormalafterparty

#8 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

Huh.  Shepardstown, the Most Haunted Town in America.  I think that's the name of the series coming up.  Probably not.

We all know that I may read but don't hang onto the important stuff.  This is actually being advertised on TV but don't
ask me where.  One can probably look it up.

There, Kalinda.  Hopefully you are still checking in and can add some info that maybe left out.

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

Yup, Ghosts of Sheperdstown began it's run last night
Posted Image

#10 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

Thank you, Vlawde.

#11 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

Huh.  The town is quaint, that's a sure thing, but I'll have to watch it one more time.  By far the most interesting parts
of it was the Police Chief had to call in the paranormal team because he couldn't do the real police work due to all
the phone calls coming into 911 concerning ghostly activity.

Impressed by the team?  Nope.

#12 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

Destination America has a new reality series, Ghosts of Shepherdstown, with Nick Groff.

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

Why do I know that name, has Nick Groff been involved in something else other than this tv show before?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:33 AM

Yup. Ghost Adventures for years (he and Zak started it), a show called Ghost Stalkers, now Paranormal Lockdown (renewed for a second season) and Ghosts of Shepherdstown, which kind of like Ghost Stalkers isn't meant to be an ongoing series
Posted Image

#15 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

Ghost of shepherdstown is said to be the most haunted town in america. Before the show came out, I've never heard of Shepherds town WV, I bet Gettysburg and Savannah, Georgia would have something to say about being americas most haunted town
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haunted places

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users