Free Skins
© Fisana

Australia Report More Unexplained Activity In Their Homes.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:44 AM

As Melbournians come out of lockdown some people found it was a little less isolating than they imagined, as people report unexplained activity in their homes.

Pandemic restrictions forced people to spend more time indoors many wonder if they are sharing their space with the  supernatural.
Director William Tabone, from the Australian Paranormal Society has received many reports from people reporting strange happenings in their home.

“We’ve probably had several dozen inquiries. Most are related to people home a lot more than they normally would be,” says Mr Tabone.

“It could be they’ve had paranormal activity in the house all this time but because they’re so busy, they’ve not been around to actually notice it.

“The main question we get is: “Am I going crazy?’”

Strange noises, voices, seeing unusual things and a sense of being watched or unease in the home are among the reports.

“We’ve had an experience here and we’re seasoned. During the first lockdown my wife Amanda woke up and she had a black mass, like a fog or smoke above her bed,” Mr Tabone said

“It’s something that hasn’t happened here before. All I can think of is it could be related to the lockdown situation.”

Whether you are a believer or not, there is certainty enthusiasm for the idea ghosts are real, judging by the more than 100,000 followers on the society’s Facebook page.

Mr Tabone says many reports he received during lockdown could simply be down to people’s minds playing tricks on them.

“I believe some things are paranormal but the majority are most likely to do with some sort of psychological depressive state and the isolation.

“It is an unprecedented situation causing people a lot of anxiety and that can make people uncomfortable and imagine things or believe things are happening when they’re not.”

On the other hand, he believes negative feelings can also attract negative energy or spirits.

However, his team aims to eliminate any “environmental” or “personal” factors before saying a place is haunted.

“There’s so many things that can make people feel, see and believe they’re being haunted. But are they natural things or man made things?

“We always try and look at what it could be before we say something’s paranormal.”

source
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,050 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 02 November 2020 - 07:07 AM

Very good questions...

“There’s so many things that can make people feel, see and believe they’re being haunted. But are they natural things or man made things?

“We always try and look at what it could be before we say something’s paranormal.”
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,813 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:57 AM

It's of little surprise, when people are forced to stay home because of the pandemic and observe measures of isolation that the mind starts inventing things they never heard before. I'm sure the self isolation also affects the mental health issue as a whole. I can only speak for myself on this issue but I have noticed because of my own *self-isolation" with no immediate relative or spouse that the mind feels a state of chaos.

The real magnifier becomes prominent when one begins to think they are hearing things. They then listen for things that aren't there and hear more.

I'm sure the majority of it can be explained although to a lesser degree maybe some of it is real but went unnoticed before because their own lives were too busy.

Edited by EVP, 04 November 2020 - 08:30 AM.

Posted Image

#4 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth. Manga Comic Artist,
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:09 AM

Ive been isolated for 8 years due to my TBI. I rarely go out each year. Seizures mess up alot. My husband works alot (all at home now) and volunteers. But hes in his office. Friends and family rarely talk to me on the phone, I've coped fine. I just started doing new hobbies, play music. But some people who spend most of their times away from their homes or socially out and about. I can see how it would hit them HARD. Your stuck at home, its quiet and no one around. So house creaks and shifts, the wind outside makes weird noises. I grew up in an old 1930s home and it made the creepiest noises all the time. Even floor noises. It could be paranoia or could be paranormal too. If I saw something fly by in my room Id be like. Well what the heck?! Too.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:18 AM

We built our home and it makes a lot of weird noises, I just put it down to the steel expanding and contracting with the heat!
Posted Image

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 12:50 PM

Wait YOU built your home AND you didn't put in solar :headlbash:

Heya  :bunny:
- siguie -

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 03:01 AM

LOL, we built like 20 plus years! I can't remember if solar was a thing then :D
Posted Image

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:58 PM

thanks for the article I've joined their facebook group now, interested to see what comes up :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!