• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mozz

Mozz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

Hello to everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I want to bring the attention to a picture posted a long time ago, one that I thought was astounding but was never talked about. The picture was titled "Direct passage to Hades!" http://www.ghoststud...ug04/asylum.htm It is such a bone chilling piece of photography that baffles me as to why it never garnered any attention. The description reads that the original email was lost, but that the picture was taken in an insane asylum and was passed around a lot, as can be seen by the pieces of tape on the sides.

While the description seems kind of fishy, and that the photo itself looks to be one of those "Too good to be true" scenario's, I've suspected that the photograph might be a hoax. But if it is in fact genuine, it is the most incredible piece of ghost photography ever taken. Reverse image searches of the picture show that is has been reposted on a few non-English websites, and it always had the ghoststudy.com watermark. No other version of this picture exists, and there is certainly nothing to indicate that it was hoaxed.

Does anyone have any information regarding this photo? It has fascinated me for years, and I just want to know anything more about it, no matter how small.

#2 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

Hi and welcome!

This is the first time I'm seeing this photo. To me it looks more like a piece of artwork. I wish we had more info, like the name of the asylum.

#3 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:13 AM

I remember that photo, loved it as a teenager. It does look more like artwork than a genuine paranormal image, but it's fun to consider the possibility. I hope we can find out more about it.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

Looking closer at the lower left corner it almost looks like a signature...

Posted Image

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

I remember that photo... it received quite a bit of attention when I first posted it.  :ermm:
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hello mozz!  Welcome!

I remember this one...  I still get chills when I look at it.  I would categorize this photo as a residual haunting in the place it was taken.  I'm hoping the energy that was caught in the photo is no longer present, because the spirits obviously seem uneasy and/or frightened.

Thanks for sharing, Mozz :)

View Postlorac61469, on 30 August 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

Looking closer at the lower left corner it almost looks like a signature...

Posted Image

I'm seeing that, too.  It's possible that the person who took the photo signed it for copyright reasons.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#7 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

It looks like a photo of a poster, with tape, scratches and crinkles.

Edited by kevinscan, 30 August 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#8 Mozz

Mozz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I didn't consider that the photo might be a poster, but as I look closer I can certainly see the possibility of it being a piece of artwork. I guess the question now is, if it is artwork, what is the original source, and where did it come from.

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

I seems to me (and I could be wrong) that photo was posted here a LONG time ago, I seem to remember it being wall art or something.
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

Hello and welcome Mozz thanks for bringing this image back to everyone's attention. I for one must have missed seeing it the first time! :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

Here it is, slightly enhanced and enlarged for a better view. ....and with a summary

Summary I posted 13 years ago on GhostStudy.com
I received this picture in an email many months ago but unfortunately the email was lost.
We just happened to save the picture so I am posting it this month for all to view. I don't remember how the
story went exactly, but I do remember this picture was taken in an abandoned Insane Asylum. I believe the
photo was taken of an attractive mural but when the film was developed, this showed up instead. The person
that took the picture was chilled to the bone after seeing what appeared in place of the mural. She eventually
took this photo to work and posted it on a bulletin board for all her friends and colleagues to see. This photo
has made it's rounds as you can see by the crumpled edges and tape.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

I remember this!
Posted Image

#13 Mozz

Mozz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

I'm so glad to see so many people remember this, and those who are seeing it for the first time. This picture is such a head scratcher for me, because its far too good to be a genuine ghost photo, and a reverse image search yields nothing. I can't even see the mural in the background, since the skulls practically take up the entire picture. I really can't tell what to make of it other than its fascinating, and until someone steps up to say they have information on it, we'll never know anything more about it.

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

I looks like there is something like a chain link fence that perhaps the photo was taken through, in the light blue areas on the left part of the photo I see this pattern:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

View PostMozz, on 01 September 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'm so glad to see so many people remember this, and those who are seeing it for the first time. This picture is such a head scratcher for me, because its far too good to be a genuine ghost photo, and a reverse image search yields nothing. I can't even see the mural in the background, since the skulls practically take up the entire picture. I really can't tell what to make of it other than its fascinating, and until someone steps up to say they have information on it, we'll never know anything more about it.

I agree, Mozz... and it's sad that we can't have all the facts. Apparently, I'm the only one that received it in an email back then and I neglected to follow through.
Posted Image

#16 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Definitely looks more like artwork to me, quite good artwork really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users