Free Skins
© Fisana

Help Trying To Explain Very Freaky Photo!

photo ghost paranormal phone dead death real

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 macka598

macka598

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

Hello everyone!
This is my first post on this site, I was recommended here from reddit. I need some help, my cousin has taken this very worrying photo from her room in the dark. i am feeling concerned for my cousins safety after she sent this image to me recently. A bit of a back story, she lives in my great grandmothers house who recently died within the last year. This image was taken in her old bedroom, my cousin is 19 and this was taken when she was alone about 2 weeks ago. I have spent this whole time trying to think of a rational solution and explanation to the apparent ghost face in the photo. I like to think of myself as a skeptic but this has been a little too much for me to try and rationally explain, hence why i really need some help!! I have attached the photo.

Now i would really appreciate if anyone who knows a bit about phone cameras and low light conditions could try and rationally explain this to me without the paranormal explanation. I would really appreciate this as my cousin is still quite concerned and i would really like to try and explain this to her. Normally i dont get bothered by these sort of things, but i just can not seem to think that it is just simply pareidolia as it just looks too real. My cousin has since tried to replicate the image in the same lighting conditions in the same room and has had no luck in doing so... The link to the image can be found on imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/4GQMP

Please let me know if you cant view the image.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Attached File  eerie image.jpg   49.23K   52 downloads

I will link my original reddit link here incase you are interested: https://www.reddit.c...my_cousin_took/

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

Firstly hello and welcome to the boards :) Looking forward to what our members come up with :yes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 macka598

macka598

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

thanks! i really do hope someone has a good explanation for this! I am a little uneasy about this :/

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Is that a table next to her? What was on the table at the time?

#5 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Also are there any pets in the home?

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

If she was alone how was this image taken? It looks like a cellphone screen capture of a monitor image.

Also what is she doing? Is she perchance reading a rolled up magazine?
- siguie -

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

Without any context about the room, what she was doing, who took the photo etc, I'd have to say common pareidolia.
Posted Image

#8 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

View Postsiguie, on 04 September 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

If she was alone how was this image taken? It looks like a cellphone screen capture of a monitor image.

Also what is she doing? Is she perchance reading a rolled up magazine?

Good catch! Someone else had to have taken this photo.

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Creepy capture!

Why was the picture taken and by who? If the young lady in the photo took a selfie,
then why does her left hand seem to be on the bed instead of holding a camera?

Why does the picture appear to be cropped? It almost seems like the blocked area could be trying to hide something.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

It is not a selfie; she is using both hands to hold something, that I believe is her phone. She looks like she's texting with her thumbs. Also, the photo was from off of Facebook. Facebook deletes the data from photos that are needed to test if the image is original.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 04 September 2017 - 04:54 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:49 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 04 September 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

It is not a selfie; she is using both hands to hold something, that I believe is her phone. She looks like she's texting with her thumbs. Also, the photo was from off of Facebook. Facebook deletes the data from photos that are needed to test if the image is original.

MacC... According to Macka598, she was the only one in the house at the time. So who took the picture then??

And now I'm further confused, Macka says it came from where he originally posted it (Reddit)... but you're saying from FaceBook??  Reddit

Macka... if you're still tuning in, who took the photo? and was it ever on Facebook?  :wacko:
Posted Image

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

Jim, I posted this image to our FB page and then was able posted the image in the 2nd post of this thread. Maybe that is throwing MacC off, of where the image originated from.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

Cool, thanks, Klainey.  ..........Now just need to figure out who took the pic.  ;)
Posted Image

#14 macka598

macka598

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 September 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Creepy capture!

Why was the picture taken and by who? If the young lady in the photo took a selfie,
then why does her left hand seem to be on the bed instead of holding a camera?

Why does the picture appear to be cropped? It almost seems like the blocked area could be trying to hide something.

Posted Image

I've been busy the last day, but anyway thanks for the responses. My cousin used the rear photo on her camera and had it sitting on a table next to the bed, there was no computer monitor in the room nor was there any magazines hung up on the wall..

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 05 September 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

Cool, thanks, Klainey.  ..........Now just need to figure out who took the pic.  ;)

It almost does look like she took it on her own, but if you observe on the left side it almost looks cropped out, but in fact this was just an object blocking the camera on the table she took it on

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

MacC... According to Macka598, she was the only one in the house at the time. So who took the picture then??

And now I'm further confused, Macka says it came from where he originally posted it (Reddit)... but you're saying from FaceBook??  Reddit

Macka... if you're still tuning in, who took the photo? and was it ever on Facebook?  :wacko:

I'm not aware of its presence on facebook, however the camera was rested on a table in the room

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

Cool... thanks for explaining, Macka!  :)

So has she had any haunted experiences in the home, or was this the first?
Posted Image

#16 macka598

macka598

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 05 September 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

Cool... thanks for explaining, Macka!  :)

So has she had any haunted experiences in the home, or was this the first?

So far this has been the only creepy thing that has happened in the house that she has told me, although the house was home to her great grandmother who recently died. I'm trying to see if i can get some other images of the room to see if there is any chance it may have been an odd object causing some pariadoliea. I will keep you updated!
Its getting a bit late in australia, so i will see if i can sort it out tomorrow! Cheers

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:08 AM

Yes it is Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:56 AM

Sitting the phone on a table could account for the angle from which it was taken but how was the photo snapped? Meaning someone still needed to push a button or is there a timer on the phone? Could you tell us what type of phone it is?

Edited by lorac61469, 05 September 2017 - 04:57 AM.

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 September 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 September 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Jim, I posted this image to our FB page and then was able posted the image in the 2nd post of this thread. Maybe that is throwing MacC off, of where the image originated from.

Posted Image

I followed the link that was posted by macka598. I took the image from Reddit and again from Imgur.com Then I ran them both through Image Edited?. I got the same results both times.

Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 06 September 2017 - 10:20 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Is there a way you can go back to the exact location and take an image from the same angle with the lights on so we have a point of comparison? That hopefully will reduce further speculations.
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: photo, ghost, paranormal, phone, dead, death, real

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users