• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:28 PM

I am posting my story per request of Dinky Dave. Here you go Dave.

My Childhood Home: part 1

I grew up in a ranch style, single family home on a quarter acre lot, in a quiet, rural town in Massachusetts. My family is of Native American and Irish descent.

The bedroom my sister and I shared was a tiny 10-by-12-foot room, with two 54-by-29-inch windows. The glass panes were six over one, and from outside the sill was about 3 1/2 feet off the ground. We slept in a bunk bed. She had the top bunk and I had the bottom one.

It was summer, hazy, hot and humid. At the time, we did not have air conditioning. The windows were kept open to let in the breeze. It did not help much in cooling down the house. My sister was sitting at the head of my bed. She was reading a story to me from a Little Golden Book. I suddenly felt cold, freezing cold.

I felt I had to look out the window, but I did not want to. It felt as if, I had to. I could not believe what I was seeing. There were glowing red eyes staring in at me. I could not look away. I tried.

The eyes were about 2 feet up from the windowsill. They were just staring at me. I get chills just remembering this. It took, what seemed forever to tear my gaze away. When I did, I rushed to the head of the bed and told my sister to look out the window. When she finally did, the eyes were gone.

Another time, I was home alone. My parents were out for the evening, and my sister was staying over a friend's. I was sitting in the living room watching TV, when out the corner of my eye I saw something move. I should tell you from where I was sitting I could see into the bathroom and straight out the bathroom window to the backyard.

I turned to look, and I saw what looked like a skull, up close to the window, moving toward the back door area. Now for it to be that close to the window it would have to have been walking in the flowerbed. It would also, have had to walk over the cellar door. I was terrified. I closed my eyes and stayed in that chair all night. I did not move a single muscle.

Another time, I had finally gotten my own room. It is a mirror image of our old room. After having moved into it, I felt a presence. Outside my window there was a 12 inch wide flower garden, then the driveway, which is about 5 feet wide. Next to the driveway was the woodpile.

Sitting on top of the woodpile was a huge, white-colored apparition. It had long limbs and glowing red eyes. It was staring in at me. I tore my gaze away from it, after what seemed forever to me, and hid under the covers until morning. My mother found me like that, under the sheet and coverlet. She wondered how I could breathe under there.

I best stop now. I will write more about my home later.

This is what the apparition looked like, but with glowing red eyes.
Posted Image

Edited by MacCGStudy, 20 April 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#2 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:18 PM

Wow--those are awesome stories, and very chilling!   unsure.gif  You have a very good writing style and I feel like I could see everything you were describing, and that made the stories especially vivid.

I wonder what could have made your home so active.  Did you ever look into the history of the house or the land?  

I look forward to hearing more!

#3 Dinky Dave

Dinky Dave

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:26 AM

Yes Thanks! My heart was in my throat as I read your stories! Please continue!

#4 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Dec 11 2006, 02:18 AM) View Post
Wow--those are awesome stories, and very chilling!   unsure.gif  You have a very good writing style and I feel like I could see everything you were describing, and that made the stories especially vivid.

I wonder what could have made your home so active.  Did you ever look into the history of the house or the land?  

I look forward to hearing more!

Thank you.
   From what information I can gather, there has been only my home on the property. It is a converted cottage, as is almost all the homes in my neighborhood. It is a part of a much bigger plot, owned by Sturtevant family in the 1600's, before it was sub-divided. Previous to that, it was my Native American ancestors (Chappiquiddic) hunting/fishing grounds.

There are a lot of strange things that happen in my part of town. We hear booms so loud that they shake the house and rattle the windows. When we call the police station to report them, they say they never heard the sound. The station is only a 1/4 mile away, so it's strange that they could not hear the sound. This happens on and off throughout the year.

I'll post the next chapter soon.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 03 January 2007 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

My Childhood Home: part 2

All kinds of weird things have happened around the house, day and night. As an example the basement comes to mind.

I have always been nervous about going into the basement. One day, when I was around nine or ten years old, I was down there with some friends, we were listening to the Disney 'Haunted House' album, which was not a bright move on our part. I will explain more on that later.

One of my friends said they saw a shadow of a man near the stairs that led into the house. I went over to her, because where I was standing my view of the stairs was blocked by a 10-by-10-foot cement foundation block. It acts as a base for the fireplace. When I got to her, I looked and saw the shadow of a man in rain slicker and hat. It was like the kind that fishermen wear. He was standing on what would be the third step of the stairs. There is a window to the left side of the stairs about 10 feet away.

There was nothing there to cast a shadow. The only rain gear down there was 12 feet away to the left of the window. It was impossible for it to cast that shadow. We freaked and ran from the cellar up the outside steps. My mother came outside and asked what was wrong. I told her and she insisted I show her, needless to say, I was none to happy about that. We went down to the cellar, so I could show her. It was gone, which freaked me out even more. She gave me a weird look and said that it was all right and that she believed me.

I still have the Haunted House album, but I never played it again.

About that album, what I told you about the basement was not the first time I had dealings with it. The first time I had a problem was after I inherited the album from my brother when he moved out of the house. I played it for the first time in my bedroom that I shared with me sister.

I had asked my friend if she wanted to listen to it with me. I turned it on, and she suggested we get on the bed and pull a sheet over our heads, so we would be in semi-darkness to enjoy it more. I figured why not, and we proceeded to do just that. Not much time later, about the second section of the album, we noticed there was an imprint of a hand on the sheet. Just the hand, no arm attached or shadow of a person on the sheet. It scared us half to death! We threw back the sheet, and there was no one there.

That is all I can think of right now. I will write some more later.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 03 January 2007 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

My Childhood Home: part 3

When I was little, after we had all gone to bed for the night, we would hear the sounds of pots and pans falling out of the cabinet. You could even hear a pan lid rolling across the floor and coming to a stop, like when you would roll a dime.

We all got up and went to look, and nothing would be wrong. It happened again a few nights later. This time there was a lid on the floor about 10 feet from the cabinet.

One curious thing, whenever there were bumps, noises, smells or other happenings my father would always say, “It is the McKenna ghost again.”

Things still happen, I just do not tell my mother anymore; I think it upsets her. Oh, I did not mention that we hear every so often someone calling our names. I would be in my bedroom and hear my mother calling me. When I went to find her, she would say that she had not called, or she heard me call, and it would not be me.

Another time I was dreaming about something falling in the basement. The next thing I knew, my father was asking me what had fallen in my room. I looked around, and nothing was amiss. He then went into the basement to check things out.

While he was downstairs, I told my mother about the dream. When my father came up, he said a crowbar had fallen off the ledge and was on the floor about 10 feet away. The bar was the type that has a bend on the end, so it could not have rolled off, let alone rolled over that distance.

I have awakened some nights, unable to move, distinctly feeling that I was not alone. One time I felt something fall on top of me, and when I called out, no one heard me.

Once I heard my mom go into the bathroom, and I kept calling out to her. She thought at first it was my sister talking in her sleep. She finally realized it was me and came into my room. She pulled me up into a sitting position. It was a while before I could move. She told me later that it had happened to her before, when she was pregnant with me.

My sister, who is a year older, was in her crib on the other side of the house. She started crying, and when my mom tried to get up, she found that she could not. It took awhile for her to be able to move. My sister appeared to be fine when my mother finally arrived at the nursery. She was smiling and playing with her crib toys.

I cannot think of anything more. I will write again when I can remember other events.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 20 September 2007 - 09:39 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:22 AM

It might be the late hour, but reading your latest post really gave me the chills.  You are very skilled at describing your experiences, and I can imagine them very clearly.   unsure.gif  I was tempted to ask whether you have considered sleep paralysis (a physical, not paranormal, condition) as a possible explanation for the times you were unable to move, but I also realize that not every such event can be so easily explained--especially not if you know you were awake.  Being awake and unable to move, with no one around to hear my cries for help, sounds terrifying.

#8 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:39 AM

It is very terrifying. All those experiences, during my childhood, brought me to the point of startling me awake at the slightest sound. I used to scare my poor mother half to death, when she would open my door in the morning. There were a few times I had not woken up, when she entered. Those were dangerous wakenings for her. She would call my name and I would not hear it. She would then touch me, which startled me awake, swinging. I had almost given her a black-eye, when she woke me.

When I was little, from 1970 to the Spring of 1977, I would keep dreaming of a house. I had never been in it before. I see the street, the outside of the house, the staircase to the second floor, a room with two single beds and a closet beside the bed on the right. I remember dreaming of being in that bed and looking out the door into a hallway. To the right was a watercloset and another bedroom to the left of it and to the left of the bedroom , the stairs down to the livingroom. To the right of 'my' bedroom was a washroom.

I would also dream about rolling fields and a high stone wall, that seemed to go on forever. I also dreamed of castles and rooms of glass cases full of old things. Of a high hill, with a circular road winding three times around. It had a big edifice atop it and a fence about that.

In the Summer of 1977 my father, who was from England, decided to take us to England to meet his family. Everywhere we went was the same as my dreams. The house turned out to be my Uncle's and the room my sister and I shared was the room from my dreams. We went sightseeing with my uncles and we would average visiting 5-6 castles a day, plus many museums, churches, priories, abbeys and cathedrals. One such museum was The Bowes Museum. The wall turned out to be Hadrian's Wall, that spans the border between England and Scotland. The hill was Penshaw Hill, from the legend of The Lambton Worm. One of the castles turned out to be Bramburgh Castle on the Holy Island, Westminster Cathedral, Tynemouth Priory and St. Margaret's Church. We visited over 50 ancient sites in 14 days.

I will post more later.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 20 September 2007 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

How cool that the settings of your dreams turned out to be a family home that you'd never seen in that lifetime...I wonder where those visions (or memories?) came from?  Very interesting!

#10 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

I am not quite sure myself, if they were visions or some type of genetic memory imprint. I have had other dreams visionary as well as auditory. I sometimes dream of music, that I had never heard before. Then years later, I would hear them played on the radio as the new song by such and such singer/songwriter.

I think this ability was passed down from my ancestors, especially by my maternal grandmother. Being Native American, she had the ability to read tea leaves. She could also dream the future. It must be from the combination of my Celtic and Native American ancestry. Both of which are very spiritual peoples. You might say I received a 'double whammy'.  teehee.gif

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 07 January 2007 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:40 PM

I remember more of my childhood. When I had gotten my own room and had the experiences in it, my parents gave me a small portable radio to listen to as I went to sleep. My mother would quietly come in and turn it off(I would wake up when she did this), when she was ready to go to bed. I remember several times, that when I awoke in the morning, the radio would be on. I would ask my mother if she had forgotten to turn it off, knowing full well she had turned it off, and she would reply, that she had turned it off.

The past few Christmas's one of our decorations would turn itself on. It is a Frankie The Lamp Post, it plays a voice, that sounds like Frank Sinatra, singing Deck the Halls. We keep it in the parlor/livingroom, behind the sofa. It is set off by motion sensors, you have to walk in front of it to make it play. We would flip the switch to on and it would begin to play. As long as no one moved it would stop playing, but if someone made a move, it would start up again. After a while my mother would call us in to eat. We would go into the dining room and a short while later, it would suddenly come on. We would all get up, go to look and there was no one there. As I have stated this has happened on more than one occasion. I am beginning to dislike Frankie

I will post more as I remember.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 20 September 2007 - 09:48 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha @ Jan 9 2007, 03:40 PM) View Post
It is set off by motion sensors, you have to walk in front of it to make it play. We would flip the switch to on and it would begin to play. As long as no one moved it would stop playing, but if someone made a move, it would start up again. After a while my mother would call us in to eat. We would go into the dining room and a short while later, it would suddenly come on. We would all get up, go to look and there was no one there.

When I was really little, I had a stuffed toy with motion sensors built into the eyes.  I think it was an Ewok...or at least it looked like one!  It operated by battery, and when someone walked past it (blocking or even casting a shadow over the eyes), the eyes would light up and flash, and it would make this funny chortling sound.  As a joke, I would sometimes hide it in the living room if I knew someone would be coming home after my mom and I went to bed (I would try to stay up to listen for the sound of the door and then the toy).  

The house was haunted and I think there were one or two times when I heard the toy, but not the door...

#13 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

Were you frightened the first time it happened? My mother is taking down the decorations now and Frankie, thankfully, is now back in his box, in the basement. *whew*...  wink.gif

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 iluvart263

iluvart263

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Wow, your stories are very detailed. Thanks for sharing thumbsup.gif

#15 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

iluvart263: Wow, your stories are very detailed. Thanks for sharing

You are welcome. I will be posting more, as I remember the events.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 10 January 2007 - 01:56 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha @ Jan 10 2007, 04:36 PM) View Post
Were you frightened the first time it happened? My mother is taking down the decorations now and Frankie, thankfully, is now back in his box, in the basement. *whew*...  wink.gif

I can't be certain that it wasn't my mom getting up and going into the living room for some odd reason (although I would probably have heard her footsteps), so that alone didn't bother me.  There were a lot of little oddities about that house.  I was more freaked out about the ghosts in general and at one point took to hoarding all my toys in my room for fear that whatever was out there would "get" them.  That's when I stopped leaving the Ewok, or anything else of mine, in the living room at all.

#17 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

I would hear footsteps, I still hear them actually, when I was alone in the house. It was and is strange. In the middle of the night, I would get up to go into the bathroom and I would have the feeling of being watched. As if someone was watching me from the sun porch and from around my parents room. I would enter the bathroom and close the door, then I would hear distinct footsteps, starting near my parents room and walking up to the bathroom. They would stop right outside the door. I could hear them moving back and forth in front of the door, as if someone was waiting for me to come out. After a while, they would move away, because I was not coming out while they were there, from the door and head back to my parents room. As I stated before, I was alone in my home. This happens only when I am alone.

Lately, I have been hearing noises, when I go into the kitchen. The sounds would come from the diningroom, which is attached to the kitchen. There is no divider between the two rooms, but the light from the kitchen does not illuminate the diningroom. When I turn on the kitchen light the only thing I can see of the dining room is the faint outline of the dining table. The noise seems, almost, as if someone was trying to hide and then I would get the feeling of being watched. Needless to say, I make haste in the finishing what I went in there for, to do.

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha @ Jan 11 2007, 12:22 PM) View Post
I would hear footsteps, I still hear them actually, when I was alone in the house. It was and is strange. In the middle of the night, I would get up to go into the bathroom and I would have the feeling of being watched. As if someone was watching me from the sun porch and from around my parents room. I would enter the bathroom and close the door, then I would hear distinct footsteps, starting near my parents room and walking up to the bathroom. They would stop right outside the door. I could hear them moving back and forth in front of the door, as if someone was waiting for me to come out. After a while, they would move away, because I was <you>not</you> coming out while they were there, from the door and head back to my parents room. As I stated before, I was <you>alone</you> in my home. This happens only when I am alone.

Lately, I have been hearing noises, when I go into the kitchen. The sounds would come from the diningroom, which is attached to the kitchen. There is no divider between the two rooms, but the light from the kitchen does not illuminate the diningroom. When I turn on the kitchen light the only thing I can see of the dining room is the faint outline of the dining table. The noise seems, almost, as if someone was trying to hide and then I would get the feeling of being watched. Needless to say, I make haste in the finishing what I went in there for, to do.

What great stories you have.  Do you still live in this house?

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#19 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(Kiwilady @ Jan 12 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post
What great stories you have. Do you still live in this house?

Yes, I live here with my mother. My father passed away in 1991 and my sister moved out in 1996.

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

I did not sleep much last night. I had the feeling I was being watched. This is what happened...

I have GIRD and am unable to sleep in a supine position, so I sleep in a reclining chair. My chair is situated in my room in front of one of the windows. There are two windows in the room, one faces the driveway and the other faces the street. I keep the street-side window shade(room-blackening) drawn down and curtain closed. I was watching television, when I started to feel sleepy and decided to turn it off. I had to get up to do this, for the batteries ran out on the remote. As I was getting up, to turned off the television, I started to feel cold and on edge. I shut off the television and as I turned to return to my chair, I saw it. A tan-colored mass behind my chair. It moved quickly from behind the top of my chair, down towards the floor. I quickly went over to investigate. There was nothing there. Needless to say, I did not sleep last night.

This has happened, once before. I was sitting in my chair, when I got a lash in my eye and got out a hand held mirror to try and get it out. After I removed the lash, I turned the mirror slightly and there was that mass, I quickly leapt out of the chair(not easy to do with a bad knee) and looked behind it. There was nothing there. I did not sleep much that night.  I sat back down and looked in the mirror again. It did not reappear. I did not like mirrors before this had happened, I can not stand them now.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 14 January 2007 - 01:07 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users