• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

What are your thoughts on PK phenomena? I have resolute beliefs about many components of the paranormal, but I'm agnostic (Leaning toward skepticism to the point of disbelief) when it comes to PK Phenomena.

I can't wrap my mind around it. It makes no sense to me that an "entity" of sorts can be created by a living being and become autonomous, as some claim it can.

Controlled by the subconscious of a living person? Maybe. Taking on a life and consciousness of its own? That's where my disbelief comes in. For it to be an entity, it has to have an intelligence, and I don't believe a person can "create" a separate mind to drive another "being."

"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,068 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:12 AM

There are different takes on PK phenomena. In several Dead Files, Amy said the PK from a person can eventually become a conscious entity. I'm not too sure about that either.

Some people believe poltergeists are actual conscious entities. I think it's just PK coming from a person, and not an actual conscious being. Anything is possible I suppose...
Posted Image