Co Offlay Haunted County Haunted

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

I found this tidbit on the Beyond Reality News website.

This Irish county has been declared the most haunted in Ireland ~ March 20, 2018

Any brave souls hoping to encounter a genuine scare should head to Co Offaly after the region was declared the most haunted in Ireland.

Paranormal investigators have even labeled the Midlands county, noted for its eerie castles, one of the spookiest areas in Europe.

Irish Ghost Hunters chief Tim Kelly said paranormal activity is particularly strong in the three ancient castles which make up the famous “haunted triangle,” namely, Kinnitty, Leap, and Charleville.

The Dublin-based spectre detector said: “There’s no doubt in my mind Co Offaly is the most haunted in Ireland.

“Over the years we’ve conducted hundreds and hundreds of investigations, and there’s something about it, particularly the energy around that haunted triangle.”

Recalling an overnight poltergeist probe in Kinnitty Castle – which is a popular four-star hotel – the 49-year-old said: “When I was leaving one of the big old rooms there I suddenly heard my name being whispered.

“There was one other investigator with me at the time, and before I had the chance to say anything, he turned and said, ‘I’ve just heard your name being called.’”

Tim – whose six-man team use thermal-imaging cameras and powerful audio equipment – said he'd encountered similarly creepy experiences at nearby Leap and Charleville.

He also noted the paranormal activity at Hellfire Club in the Dublin Mountains and Wicklow Gaol.

Tim said: “Over the years we’ve probably done more than 100 investigations at Wicklow Gaol, and probably every second or third visit we’d pick up something, which is not surprising given all the cruelty, suffering and death.

“I don’t like the atmosphere in the Hellfire Club. We’ve done five or six investigations. It’s not somewhere I particularly want to return to.”

Tim – who also works as a radio presenter – now hopes to conduct an investigation at Dublin’s
Shelbourne Hotel with his team.

One of the rooms in the five-star retreat is said to be haunted by the ghost of Mary Masters, a seven-year-old who died of cholera in 1791.

Source

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 21 March 2018 - 09:28 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#2 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:10 PM

I remember years ago Ghost Hunters International (I believe) did Leap Castle, and perhaps another TV team. I know the Hellfire club has been on TV as well, probably Ghost Adventures <_<
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

I love castles and would love just to visit one, in my lifetime.

MacC the hotel is beautiful inside :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

View PostVlawde, on 21 March 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

I remember years ago Ghost Hunters International (I believe) did Leap Castle, and perhaps another TV team. I know the Hellfire club has been on TV as well, probably Ghost Adventures <_<

I watched Scariest Places On Earth when they went to both.

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 March 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

I love castles and would love just to visit one, in my lifetime.

MacC the hotel is beautiful inside :yes:

I checked it out too. It's lovely.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 21 March 2018 - 08:04 PM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 karmacae

"Codladh samh?"

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Family, life, art and antiques

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

I want to visit leap castle so bad, it's on my list of things to do before I die. My dads wanting me to go to England with him next year, but I really want to go to Ireland. I heard leap has had several paranormal and demonic happenings there. With my history, I'm sure if it's there, I'll experience it.
My Signature
Ní thuigeann an seach an seang

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com