39 replies to this topic

#21 godislove

godislove

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(cafemex @ Feb 5 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Several years ago, I had a spiritual entity harass me during sleep by hitting or pushing the bed, to keep from having a sound sleep. Not quite shaking, but similar enough...

Kiwi, I have had this too- and a 'whoosh' of cold air blown into my face or into my hair(if I'd buried my face into my pillow)
right as I would begin to drift off to sleep again. The kick, then the whoosh, kick, kick, kick, whoosh- it really made me believe as a kid that the 'ghost' could read my mind (it knew when I was beginning to drift off to sleep, it seems) I don't know what the point was, to harass me- tease me- or what, but that went on every so often for about a year. Just stopped on it's own one day. BTW, the only thing that I ever found that worked for getting rid of - at least temporarily- the demonic type(the harassing in a mean way, biting such as poltergiests, taunting, scaring, terrorizing, etc. types, was  my rosary beads and saying the Lor'd prayer until 'it' got sick of me and left me alone. It would always come back but, I slept ate bathed with that rosary on my body, for sure.... I am not a Cathloic now but I still recite-out loud-scripture whenever I feel harassed( only a couple of times, in my work with going into the homes of parents who'd had their kids taken away from them)- I feel that speaking scripture aloud works best, hey that's what Jesus did in the desert with satan so it has to be good  wink.gif bunny.gif

#22 allege

allege

Orb

• GS Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

The spirit of my cousin was horrible for shaking my bed. She had apparently had it happen to her when she was younger so when she passed on at the age of 16 she decided that it was a fun prank to play on people. If she wasn't just shaking the bed, she would turn to lifting my feet up and dropping them so they bounced off the bed.

#23 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE(godislove @ Feb 5 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kiwi, I have had this too- and a 'whoosh' of cold air blown into my face or into my hair(if I'd buried my face into my pillow)
right as I would begin to drift off to sleep again. The kick, then the whoosh, kick, kick, kick, whoosh- it really made me believe as a kid that the 'ghost' could read my mind (it knew when I was beginning to drift off to sleep, it seems) I don't know what the point was, to harass me- tease me- or what, but that went on every so often for about a year. Just stopped on it's own one day. BTW, the only thing that I ever found that worked for getting rid of - at least temporarily- the demonic type(the harassing in a mean way, biting such as poltergiests, taunting, scaring, terrorizing, etc. types, was  my rosary beads and saying the Lor'd prayer until 'it' got sick of me and left me alone. It would always come back but, I slept ate bathed with that rosary on my body, for sure.... I am not a Cathloic now but I still recite-out loud-scripture whenever I feel harassed( only a couple of times, in my work with going into the homes of parents who'd had their kids taken away from them)- I feel that speaking scripture aloud works best, hey that's what Jesus did in the desert with satan so it has to be good  wink.gif bunny.gif

I don't seem to have had the harrassing type of shaking.  I don't actually have any feelings at all when it happens.  I usually just look around to hopefully see something then go back to sleep.

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#24 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Sorry if this is off topic but I just had a good laugh.. I was reading a post and looked to see who wrote it and it was godislove but for the life of me I couldn’t read it properly. I kept reading it as god-eyes-low-vee.  My brain kept telling me I wasn’t reading it properly and took a few second to figure it out that it was god-is-love.  mad0218.gif Talk about a brain fart! LOL…

#25 pbhorner

pbhorner

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

I have pretty much had this exact same experience for the past week.  It actually happened to my mother in law in our guest room once, my wife has only felt it once (she is a deep sleeper). I searched the internet, and it happens almost exactly as Kiwilady described.  I was wondering if you every figured out what caused it/if you ever got it to stop?

#26 Diamond Bunny

Diamond Bunny

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Oh wow, I never knew so many other people had the same experience I had last year. First of all, as for it being your spaniel, I believe 100% our animals stay around even after death. I have had ghostly pet experiences.
What I am about to tell you is 100% true, I swear.
I was visiting a friend in the city and he was living in a house with his dad. At the time, his dad was overseas, so it was just me, him, his dog and his other friend.
We were just chatting etc all day and then when evening came we moved out onto the balcony to have a chat (and they were smokers so they smoked on the balcony) and relax. There was a window from inside that went out to the balcony, so behind it my friend had his iPod dock playing music. At one point, he decided to turn the music off and switched off his iPod. About an hour later, it somehow turned itself back on. My friend was so shocked he actually thought someone else must have been in the house, because he had switched everything off. No one was there.
Then later, we all went out for dinner and before we did, we turned off ALL the lights. I remembered this because his dog was home alone and I am a dog lover and remember thinking "poor doggy, home alone in pitch black dark".
When we got home, again he thought someone must have been in the house, because the lounge room light was on. No one was there.
The night was otherwise normal till I went to sleep. I went to sleep in his dad's room (because his dad was away of course) and the guys slept in my friend's room.
It was about 3am and I needed to be up in the morning for a flight, so I was keen to fall asleep.
As I lay there, I heard footsteps coming in from the open door of the bedroom towards the bed. I actually thought it was my friend or even his dog because they were so clear... but his door was shut and his dog was in there with them. But when I shone the light of my phone on them, there was nothing.
So I tried to forget it and sleep. Then I heard voices coming from the kitchen. Just like muffled people talking, like you might hear in a busy kitchen. I thought that was strange but tried to ignore it still and just sleep.
It was then I felt a slight rumble shake the bed. I thought maybe it was just a shaky house. But on and off the shaking got stronger and stronger. I still wasn't convinced I was being haunted and wanted to think it was nothing, so through the shakings I did eventually fall asleep. It was so strange because the bedside desk wasn't shaking - just the bed.
It was then I was woken up by this time violent shaking. The kind that could only happen if someone was physically rocking the bed with force. The bed head was slamming into the wall and I was scared it was going to damage it.
I was so freaked out I hardly slept that night and almost missed my flight in the morning. I've had a lot of ghostly experiences but this was one of the most physical and real.
I honestly don't know how to explain it as anything other than a haunting. Apparently nothing weird ever happened in the house before or after, and it was the first and only time I had visited.

#27 morbidbaby

morbidbaby

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

This happened to me one time, when I had to live in a hotel.
it was one of the biggest rooms. i was sharing the room with 7 girls.
there had been a lot of weird things happening to us, but i'll just share the bed shaking thing so i don't get off topic xD

the first night we stayed there, one of my friends pushed her bed near mine.
after unpacking we got ready for bed. as i was trying to fall asleep, i felt the bed shaking.
i thought it just felt like the bed was shaking and that i was probably having another of my heart palpitations so i ignored it, tried to relax and try to fall asleep. it went on for quite a while.

the next day, my friend who slept next to me asked the other girls if there was an earthquake because she felt the bed shaking too. and it was just the two of us who felt it and i am pretty sure that it wasnt my heart moving the bed :))

i dont think it happened the next nights although i always woke up with one of my blankets on the floor as if it had been dragged of, like a part of it was pointing off to somewhere; and the other one still on me. (i sleep with two blankets)

#28 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

TWO words: Train tracks. :-)

Are there train tracks near your home? If there are, and a train goes by, your bed will shake.  Growing up I lived in a house that was only a couple of hundred yards from a set of train tracks, and it took me about a month to sleep through the trains going by in the middle of the night.  They went by in the daytime too, but when you're up and around you don't notice things shaking (unless you're somewhere like the kitchen and you can hear dishes rattling.)

The shaking was so bad that the one time we actually had an earthquake, I thought it was a train going by and looked out the window at the tracks. Only when I saw that there wasn't any train on them did I think, "What the heck! We're having an earthquake!"

Years later after I bought a house, I noticed I could still feel the bed shaking when a train went by, even though now the tracks were about a quarter-mile from my house. It wasn't huge, but it was noticable, especially if you had been lying in bed for a while and were used to the bed being still.

This isn't to say it's not paranormal, just wanted to throw another possibility out there.

#29 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

Every now and then I get woken up by a sudden bed shake, kind of like a cat jumping up on my bed, and it mosly happens when I'm in that half asleep kind of trance. Ive also had my legs or arms lift up and drop in my sleep, waking me up in he process, so I suspect it could be an involuntary reaction. Theres also the issue of springs getting pushed in and then caught on something inside the bed as you move around, and hours later they get uncaught and pop up, making a similar jolt.

Then again, Ive also been having dreams where I know I'm alseep, and a deceased cat I loved is there. In the dreams the cat is still deceased and appears to me as she did back then, kind of fading in and out evry now and then, and its strangly vivid. The dream usually ends with the cat hissing and snarling because Ive asked if it was a demon pretending to be my cat. It could be the same entity is still trying to convince me my old girl is still around and trying to get to me through her memory. I also used to own a possesed bed frame(And my old microwave got possesed in its later years, oooh how I loathed that microwave). During sleep, it would often be lifted by one corner an inch or so off the ground and then dropped. Its probably a haunted side pannel on a submarine off in the ocean shomewhere now, good luck lifting a boat enough to make THEM notice, hehehe.

Edited by Nort Thalem, 19 August 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#30 Runs-From-Rats

Runs-From-Rats

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I get that every now and then, but one time when I was very young I called my mom in and she said the bed wasn't moving at all. She told me it was just my body shutting down and I've believed that ever since.

#31 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

I have felt two entirely different shaking sensations while lying in bed.  The first type feels as though the entire bed is vibrating, like it would be if a large piece of machinery was going by and the whole house was picking up the vibrations.  My cousin has been plagued by these shaking sensations for years, to the point where it constantly disrupts her sleep.  It got so bad for her that she brought up the subject to her doctor, thinking that she was going crazy and somehow imagining it all.  The explanation that her doctor gave made a lot of sense and I tend to agree with it when it comes to the rapid, vibrate-why type of shaking.  He told her that when she has had a particularly trying day, as the body unwinds to fall asleep, it releases adrenalin.  The shaking sensations are caused by adrenalin rushes in the body.  

The second type of bed movement, well, the only way I can explain it is to say that it HAS to be my pets who have passed coming back to cuddle with me on the bed, because it feels SO much like a cat jumping onto the bed and moving around until it gets settled that I have even spoken to the cat to tell it to hurry up and get comfortable and stop moving around, only to end up putting the light on to see which cat is annoying me and finding out there's no cat there at ALL!  I can feel the initial sensation of the cat jumping onto the bed, followed by the moving around as the cat looks for a place to settle, and THEN, as if that's not all odd enough considering there's nothing there, I can feel the constant movement of the bed that happens when a cat sits and grooms itself incessantly!  And there is not a living soul in the room but me!!  Very disconcerting sometimes!

Elle

#32 chante

chante

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

I have had the same experience  a few times this past year, only last night was different, I was wide awake instead of being awaken from sleep while this occurs. It was a little past midnight, I was just lying there looking at my Yorkie who slept at the end of the bed,I was unable to sleep I bet I had been laying there on my side for over an hour. I could see clearly because we have 2 night lights on in the room. Suddenly a slow gentle vibration started at the end of the bed, I thought perhaps Busy (my Dog) was having a dream where he jerks, even though it felt nothing like that, I could see he was strethced out sound alseep.My body was not vibrating though just the lower end of the bed . This low vibration was across the queen size bed below my feet area, it felt  heavy too on the blankets like a heavy vibration blanket was draped across the bed, then as it let  up it felt light again as though the blanket was lifted. Then 30 seconds later is started again, this time I felt the covers sink in , heavey, I thought I could see movement near Bugsy's head and faint neon looking lights, I did not move the whole time, I was not afraid and this time I wanted to see what was going on.It lifted and the heavy feeling left with it and was gone. 10 min later I felt a slight knock on the end bed post. My husband next to me never feels this when it happens either. The time before this I was asleep and awoke to the bed vibration and heavy feeling on when I awoke I thought I saw a bunch of birds or things with wings lift up and fly away for a split second, Only being half asleep I cant be sure if it was my imagination about the winged creatures, but the I am sure something was there just not sure what it was.

Edited by chante, 29 September 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#33 messageinabottle

messageinabottle

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Law Enforcement, Military, Ghost Study/Paranormal, Fitness, Spirituality, Culinary, Shooting, Martial Arts, Video Games

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

I live in California near the San Andreas fault, need I say more? :th_sarcastic_blum:

Edited by messageinabottle, 01 October 2012 - 01:29 AM.

Posted Image

#34 odinthor

odinthor

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Does my bed shake?  It did a week and a day ago!  I went down to Old Town San Diego for a few days around Independence Day, and stayed at the historic Cosmopolitan Hotel “on site” in the Old Town State Historical Park.  Two of the hotel rooms—7 and 11—are supposedly haunted; but I had no apprehensions as I was in room 9.

However:

On the day I arrived, I was a bit weary from the hustle and bustle of travel, and so retired a bit early, perhaps around 9.  The area is quiet, as the Plaza shuts down around dusk, only the several restaurants edging the Plaza staying open later, and the surrounding streets, within the historical area, are pedestrian only.  I propped myself up in bed, and read Don Quixote for an hour or so—very pleasant reading, and I reflected that it was a book which the 1820s-1830s-etc. residents of Old Town could well have read themselves.  At length, my reading light on the nightstand began to flicker, which often happens when old lamps become overheated (the room was furnished in 1870s style), and I thought it was just as well to spare my eyes further exertions after a long day, so switched off the light, and started thinking over the events of the day, and my plans for the morrow.  Suddenly my mattress began to shake.  “Earthquake!”, thought I, with a smile; and I turned my eyes up to the chandelier hanging over the bed, which I had left on dimly as a sort of night-light.  No movement whatsoever; but my mattress continued to shake.  Intrigued, I then looked at the lacey curtains in the room, light enough that anything could stir them.  Again, no movement whatsoever.  “Most curious,” I thought, and lay back calmly, awaiting what might happen.  After about twenty seconds, the shaking—much more than a vibration, rather the degree of shaking one would use to shake a pan of popcorn one was popping—suddenly stopped for about five seconds, then began again, just the same.  I thought, “That’s just the amount of time a person would pause to see another person’s reaction [to the shaking, I meant].”  I’m phlegmatic, as I always have been.  I don’t panic.  I just sit back and start analyzing.  Again, the recommenced shaking lasted about twenty seconds—the shaking was steady, no variation, no “fade in” or “fade out,” then paused again for about five seconds, then started again for perhaps ten seconds, then ceased.  I thought for a moment, then said, “Ghost, show yourself,” without result.  I shrugged, but decided to put my hearing aids and glasses, which I had lain on the top of the nightstand, inside the nightstand drawer, so that any possible ghostly hijinks wouldn’t knock them onto the floor for me to step on, or such.  And then I went to sleep.  On awakening the next morning, I found that, though I thought I had slept well, the bedclothes were all tossed and twisted about.  My glasses and hearing aids were safe in the drawer; and I proceeded with my day, which was July 4.  The maid came by early, and, just making miscellaneous conversation, not really thinking about my experience, I asked whether the place was haunted, and if she had seen anything in her service at the hotel.  “Oh, yes!” she said, citing footsteps where there was nobody, flickering lights, floorboards creaking, hearing someone in the next stall in the staff restroom when there was no one there.  But I didn’t mention my experience with the shaking bed; somehow it didn’t seem quite proper to be talking about the bed with the maid.

Nothing further happened the subsequent nights.  To address the attempted explanations given by those I have talked to:   Earthquake:  Why would an earthquake move nothing but the mattress?  And I should point out that not even the (squeaky) bed-frame moved; only the mattress.  The steady nature of the shaking was not like what one experiences in an earthquake, something I have experienced many times.  Passing trucks:  The nearest street on which motor vehicles could go was a block away; and it was a small street, not one which accommodated big commercial trucks.  Also, the fact that this only happened about 10 p.m. on one night would make one wonder why, over three days, only one truck would pass.  Passing train:  True enough, the train tracks were only perhaps a quarter of a mile away; but again, the trains—very noisily—were passing all the time day and night, with this occurrence only happening over the course of one minute or so one night.  And, for truck or train, if their effect were enough to shake my mattress, how could nothing else be shaken?  And the pattern of shaking was not consistent with the effect of passing vehicles.  Dreaming:  I had only turned out the light a moment before; the shaking began almost immediately; at once after the shaking, I moved my glasses and hearing aids into the drawer, which was no dream as that’s where they were in the morning (and it’s I think the only time I have put them in a drawer in my whole life).  Hotel machinery:  I was at a corner of the hotel, with my room jutting out, free on three sides of the rest of the building; below was the empty large dining room; the elevator and a/c master unit were at the opposite end of the building; and why would such regularly-used machinery only affect my room (and indeed only the mattress) once?  Drunk or having delirium tremens:  No, not me.  Magic Fingers:  Not present, nothing to put a quarter into.  Mute bed-partner shivering because I had taken all the covers, and dying of cold exposure within a minute, the body dissipating into thin air before morning:  No, as it happens I was unaccompanied.  Shameless lying:  Well, though this is always a possibility, I asseverate that this is not the case.

Taking it as a ghost—I’m dubious, but no satisfactory explanation has come forward—I didn’t feel threatened at all, only as if something wished to make its presence known, and perhaps turned to bed shaking when I turned out the light and deprived it of doing its flickering light routine.  Perhaps it was Juan Bandini, who originally built the adobe which forms the kernel of the hotel back in the early Mexican days of old California.  I understand that he was of a lively and playful disposition.  Perhaps he wanted me to read Don Quixote out loud to him . . .

#35 jperez33

jperez33

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

i had this experience twice about 3 yrs ago.info was laying in bed both times and it was around 10pm.i had my mattresses on the floor and they would rock softly.i never been so afraid.soon after alot of other things were seen and felt including a woman in a hospital gown.very creepy.....

#36 MrMix

MrMix

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

I have just recently started using ghost communication apps on my phone. Yesterday I downloaded one and I asked if anyone was there and if so what is your name, I got a response saying 'Pete' I asked how old are you "Pete" said '9'. I said that I had to turn the app off cause my phone needs charging then "Pete" said 'See Ya'. I then went on to my local district councils web site and did a cemetery search and I found the records of a nine year old boy with the first name Pete who died two streets away in in 1948. Then last night for the the first time I felt the bed shake, it happened a few time I didn't think too much of it ( I live in New Zealand ) so earthquakes a very common so I checked recent quakes on geonet and no quakes were recorded near where I live and the ones that did happen were hundreds of kilometres away. So any thoughts from the community would be most welcome.

#37 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards :)

I am not really sure how all those apps work but know our members are very savvy and will be along to give you some good information.

As for the bed shaking I have never experienced that problem myself. In my experiences sometimes these things are a once off thing. I would also suggest that you research a bit into psychic protection if you are actively looking to contact spirits; so you don't attract more than you can handle :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#38 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Mr Mix... I wouldn't get too excited about all of this.

Evil spirits can and will say anything to make you more comfortable in your communication with them. They can even pose as a nine year old spirit. And then put the thought in your mind to do a search for that kid.

Here's the thing with spirit communication (in my humble opinion). It never really goes well. And in many cases it can lead to oppression and possession. And when that happens it's usually you being tortured for the rest of your life. And there's not a whole lot anyone can do to help at that point. I know it's exciting and addicting at this particular phase but you are truly playing with fire.

I ask with my heart that you stop this before it's too late. And I hope anyone else reading this, that are going through something similar will stop as well!
Trust me, it's not worth it.

It's always exciting at the beginning, kinda like a drug, right? But it's like most harmful addicting drugs, it can easily lead to destruction.

And if it's already shaking the bed, that's not a good sign.

#39 Chris Charles

Chris Charles

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Anything odd and crazy, who doesn't love a good mystery.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

wow, that's really weird, I've awoken a couple of times to my bed shaking, but just put it down to those odd muscle jerks you do while you're asleep, don't believe it's ever happened while I was awake.

What I have experienced on a few scary occasions is the sensation of someone walking past the bottom of the bed and brushing against my feet, (I sleep oddly, my feet usually hang over the end of the bed) thanks for sharing your story.
Things go bang in the night, but don't be scared.

I do a series of ghost report videos on youtube, feel free to check them out https://www.youtube....y4-p5N_JYw50-SQ

#40 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostChris Charles, on 17 July 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

What I have experienced on a few scary occasions is the sensation of someone walking past the bottom of the bed and brushing against my feet, (I sleep oddly, my feet usually hang over the end of the bed) thanks for sharing your story.

I've had that feeling too, on more than one occasion. Also, I have had something sit down on the end of the bed, and another time something squeezed my toe.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users