• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BLUEORB

BLUEORB

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

The famous ax murders Lizzy bordon in Fall River Ma. my home city is famouse to be haunted now known as bed and breakfast inn along with the bordon textile mills.
http://www.lizzie-borden.com/

which gave that song lizzy bordon took an ax gave her mother forty wacks.

BlueOrb

Edited by BLUEORB, 01 May 2010 - 04:48 PM.

#2 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for posting this and I will have to paw through the site.. there was one group of forensic people that actually was able to lift up blood on the rugs and couch I think it was.. don't quote me on this but I think they found the findings to be of Lizzie Borden being guilty of it all.. interesting stuff..
I just don't know though if I could sleep in a house knowing that let alone have breakfast there.. more power to those who can smile.gif Give me a day tour lol smile.gif
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

#3 mystsofavalon

mystsofavalon

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

I don't think I could either!  

A completely gory, nasty affair....I wouldn't WANT to spend the night there.  Too much negativity that is bound to be attached to that place.  I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR such evil....

and yes, I am CERTAIN Lizzie did it.  Partly because of my investigation of this case and reading her testimony, the fact she tried to buy poison a few days before the murders....and from looking at pics of her.

When I do that, which isn't often, I am overcome with a strong physical and spiritual negativity.....which even affects my dreams.

#4 BLUEORB

BLUEORB

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hi and thanks
i was thinking about spending a night there on my summer vacation, but the house is getting a face lift
i drove by it the other day and they were working on it,so i will have to take a rain check on that.
i herd that some people ran out of that house at 2 O'clock in the morning scared out of their wits!
but it must have been a heck of a rush!

#5 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

I  have been there, and didnt see or hear a thing, it was dead (no pun intended) LOL..Hope you can get some pics or EVP's...
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#6 BLUEORB

BLUEORB

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:46 PM

It would have been a wasted effort and money! if i would have spent the night there  smile.gif

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ May 25 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I  have been there, and didnt see or hear a thing, it was dead (no pun intended) LOL..Hope you can get some pics or EVP's...

#7 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,940 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

There are so few place that hold any type of negligible activity after 200 years. I might be wrong about LB's but then again there doesn't seem to be an abundance of evidence (which is subjective) to support otherwise.

I will admit a friend of mine caught an interesting EVP there in 2005 but then again I've heard live captures(recorded) in my own house before and I live alone...leads me to think that activity in reality can be found almost anywhere if you're look for it...but...some locations seems to be imprinted more than others....but few are intelligent..lol...much like me smile.gif
Posted Image

#8 ChildofTwo

ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Spiritualism
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

There are so few place that hold any type of negligible activity after 200 years. I might be wrong about LB's but then again there doesn't seem to be an abundance of evidence (which is subjective) to support otherwise.

I agree with this, and I'll also throw in my opinion that any place that is/was tourist area probably won't have any activity because either the ''spirits'' have been run off by the the hundreds of people that continuously enter the lot, or the energy that once existed there doesn't “now” due to numerous reasons , such as people could have taken some of it away with them (like how spirits follow us home, possibly energies could to) to the point eventually you'll see barely any real raw energy left to investigate anymore. I would, if I were a spirit or ghost, find it very difficult to live in a home where everyday tons of people were coming in and disturbing my peace just so they could sleep in one of the bedrooms at night and take a few photos during their stay. Not trying to be rude – just saying.

I hope this makes sense to everyone, lol.

#9 mystsofavalon

mystsofavalon

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(evp @ May 26 2010, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are so few place that hold any type of negligible activity after 200 years.

What about Gettysburg?

It's been a few decades shy of 200 years.....but there still SEEMS to be alot of action here..

#10 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

I've seen a segment on the Lizzie Borden house on Unsolved Mysteries (the Ghosts box set, if anyone's wondering smile.gif). I know those were 'dramatic reenactments', but it said the house was very active with spirit activity, and that both the staff and guests experienced things. Like the owner (at the time) saw smoke pouring out of the kitchen when nothing was on, and then dissipating right over the couch where Lizzie's father was murdered. A staff member saw the imprint of a body on a bed she'd just straightened up, and then refused to go back into that room.

I couldn't sleep in a place that was haunted...it's not so much the people dying there that gets me as it would be seeing spirits or things moving or hearing sounds.

#11 BLUEORB

BLUEORB

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

Yes i have seem somthing like that also on tv a while back.

QUOTE(Cambion @ May 29 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen a segment on the Lizzie Borden house on Unsolved Mysteries (the Ghosts box set, if anyone's wondering smile.gif). I know those were 'dramatic reenactments', but it said the house was very active with spirit activity, and that both the staff and guests experienced things. Like the owner (at the time) saw smoke pouring out of the kitchen when nothing was on, and then dissipating right over the couch where Lizzie's father was murdered. A staff member saw the imprint of a body on a bed she'd just straightened up, and then refused to go back into that room.

I couldn't sleep in a place that was haunted...it's not so much the people dying there that gets me as it would be seeing spirits or things moving or hearing sounds.

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,940 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(mystsofavalon @ May 29 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Gettysburg?

It's been a few decades shy of 200 years.....but there still SEEMS to be alot of action here..

As I  mentioned "few" , I didn't dismiss ALL.  Exceptions  are common especially when you're dealing with random phemomena. If you resonate to the imprinting theory you can't compare the two. Consider how many lives were lost by both sides at Gettysburg.

To stir the pot further ones needs to have a watchful eye of proprietors perpetuating activity when there's money to be made. You might accuse Gettysburg the same but that's not fair. In fact, they want very little to do with the paranormal community. Just look at the curfews and the paranormal gathering from across the country that fell through because Gettysburg did not want an attachment with the paranormal community. Gettysburg revolves around the historical standpoint and they want to keep it that way.

I also commented that an investigator and close friend of mine in 2005 came back with a very interesting EVP that I processed from Lizzie's. But, activity and a haunting are as different as Lizzie Borden's Bed & Breakfast and Gettysburg's historical battle site.

Edited by evp, 29 May 2010 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image

#13 LadyNBlack

LadyNBlack

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:History, Civil War re-enacting, giving ghost/history tours, paranormal investigation

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

Happy Birthday, Lizzie.

Lizzie Borden would have celebrated her 150th birthday today.
October 23 and 30th: Guyandotte's Ghostly Encounters Candlelight Walking Tour

#14 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(mainemom207 @ May 2 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for posting this and I will have to paw through the site.. there was one group of forensic people that actually was able to lift up blood on the rugs and couch I think it was.. don't quote me on this but I think they found the findings to be of Lizzie Borden being guilty of it all.. interesting stuff..
I just don't know though if I could sleep in a house knowing that let alone have breakfast there.. more power to those who can smile.gif Give me a day tour lol smile.gif

staying there in the parents room this october..... bringing my camcorder and camera...

maybe do an EVP, we will see.

dont know wha would be luckier, finding or NOT finding something lol.

#15 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm bringing this topic up from the dead...no pun intended of course.

Seems my home state newspaper is doing a six part series on Lizzie for the 120th anniversary of her trial.

http://www.providenc...en-anniversary/
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#16 sully

sully

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm a Fall River-ite (born and raised).

I remember going on a tour of the house when I was a kid. This was long before it was converted into a B&B. I didn't see anything spooky but I will say the house had an "air" about it. The house feels a bit claustrophobic and closed in. The feelings I had were due to not only knowing what happened there but also due to the rooms being closed in and stuffy.

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 05:18 AM

Interest I don't believe Lizzie was responsible. Two solicitors take a look at her trial

Interesting to look back in time. Alert  picture of deceased person!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter