• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bunk22

bunk22

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

It's a long story and I'm not sure if I've truly believed in life after death but there is something going on in my house.  To be short, back in Feb, my father in law passed.  My wife was with him and right before she called, I woke to 3 knocks, there is a wooden bench at the base of my bed.  I woke and thought it was my cattle dog but his tail was not near the bench and he was asleep.  A minute later, my wife called and said he had passed.  In the morning, I tried to repeat the noise and it sounded like knuckle rapping on the back of the bench but to be honest, I thought it was dream and maybe it was.

So over the next few months, small things would happen.  Like hearing a cabinet close...it would have to open of course to close.  But thought it could be the cat.  Sometimes it would happen and my cat would be sitting across from me.  The one thing that freaked me out a bit was the hall light outside my bedroom door.  One night, it was just my daughter and me, I put her to bed, turned all the lights out and there is no doubt in my mind that this light was out.  I closed my bedroom door, went into the bathroom and when I came out, a light beneath my door caught my eye.  The hallway light was on and I though my daughter had decided to use the guest bathroom so I opened the door but she was not in it.  I called for her and she was in her bed.  I asked if she got up and turned that light on, she said she did not, ever got up.  

The next big thing was the wall in my bedroom and when I get time, I'll post the video but my cattle dog goes nuts on this wall.  To be honest, I think it could be a rat in the wall but he only goes crazy on this part.  He will growl, jump, bark, etc.  I have Pug that does not react to the wall and we just got a small mixed breed who also will growl at that part of the wall.  So the wife took video of it.

Decided to try a Ouija board and I will say, I don't know if I believe in it.  I have pics of some weird lights, with my dog looking at them.  What came out was a little girl, 9 years old, looking for her mommy.  She comes to our house because she likes me, I'm like a daddy to her.  She claimed Stryder (cattle dog) does see her and scares her.  She does not stay in this house but moves about.  It was dead silent in the house when we did the board and all of us heard a little girl giggle.  We got some knocking in response to questions as well.  But I just don't know about that stuff.

There are times, I swear to you I feel like someone is watching me, wife feels that way as well.  On more than one occasion, including just the other night, I feel like someone leans on the bed.  The first time it happened, I though my dog had jumped up as he will jump up on the edge with his two front paws, as if to ask if he can get up on the bed.  Well, I felt it and opened my eyes, he was there.  Not even in the room.  This has happened only a few times.

What has me freaked more than anything happened last week.  Our new dog was sleeping with us and the cattle dog was on the floor, near the window.  I woke to the puppy growling, looking up towards the middle of the room.  When I looked, I saw a blue glob of light and seriously, my first thought was it's my eye's, seeing things.  Kind of like when you wake and there are spots but it was dark in the room.  She kept growling and I told her to be quiet, petting her, still thinking it's my eyes.  I then looked over at the window and my cattle dog is sitting up, starring right at it.  I could see him due to the light coming through the blinds, he was quiet, sitting up, looking up at the middle of room.  I looked back and the light slowly got smaller and faded.  I'm a bit freaked by it now to be honest.  My wife, two weeks before that, saw light as well, she woke up to the cattle dog growling but to her, the light looked like sparklers, that was the best she could describe it.  

I never feel threatened or scared, it's just an eery feeling.  I don't quite know what to make of it.  Is it a ghost, my mind playing tricks on me, etc.  I don't know, I don't tell folks as I think they will think I'm nuts  :ashamed0002:   Anyway, that's my story.  Apologies for the length.

#2 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

bunk22,

Welcome to the boards.  I'm sure there are going to be a lot of other people in these forums that are going to say the same thing I'm about to, but here it is anyway.  I want to caution you about Ouija boards.  Many times these "games" have open doors to allow demonic spirits into homes.  Take what the Ouija board tells you with a grain of salt, if the spirit that contacted you was demonic, it has no motivation to tell you the truth; the spirit has more to gain by lying to you and deceiving you.

There seems to be a large number of cases recently where the entity in the home is causing a sense of fear.  If you are religious, seek help from your spiritual leaders to help you confront evil spirits.  If you are not religious stand up to the spirit and tell it that it is your house.  I know it feels a little dumb at first, kinda like you are talking to yourself, but stand up in the room that the spirit is in and declare to him that this is your house and that he needs to leave.

Paranormal teams are all over the country and provide investigation services for free.  You don't need to have an investigation done, but if you want the back up, these investigation teams are here to help you.  Of course the boards are all here to support you in discussion.

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal
on Twitter @beniciaparanorm
www.beniciaparanormal.webs.com

#3 bunk22

bunk22

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

Not sure if I put this in the correct forum on the site either.  Anyway, I have heard that about the Ouija boards so we used it that one time, no more.  I'm not a religious man and I don't feel threatened, not yet anyway.  Just not sure as to why this has happened in a house that's only a few years old.  Just confused.

#4 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

The spirits don't have to be attached to the house itself.  They can be attached to an item, a person, an animal, or even be roaming spirits.  You mentioned that there was a little girl that roams from home to home in the neighborhood, she may be one of the spirits that you are experiencing.  If you don't feel threatened, then it sounds like the perfect time to try to communicate with them and get tangible evidence that they exist.  If you have a voice recorder, many spirits are able to be heard when you listen to the recording.  Sometimes spirits can move objects, or make knocking sounds; you can ask them to turn a flash light on or knock once for yes, twice for no type of communication.

Communicating with them can reveal why they are there and answer your question of what is going on.  Also, intelligent communication is evidence that what is happening is real and not just in your imagination.

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal

#5 wctlineman

wctlineman

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:paranormal studies providing the truth

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

i like your suggestions beniciaparanormal..well said...we must talk sometime..i believe we may do a lot in common..;-)

#6 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Thank you wctlineman, I have had several personal experiences with the paranormal before getting into investigating, and even as an investigator, I consider myself to be in the learning stages.  I was raised with a very narrow minded view on the spirit world (mainly deny, deny, deny) but because of my encounters with spirits, both demonic and non-demonic, I have found myself open to many different views of what the "other side" is, and specifically how it relates to humans and various religions.

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal

#7 bunk22

bunk22

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Maybe I didn't mention it but when we did the Ouija Board, we did ask for knocks or taps and we did get them.  Always seemed off in the distance and very faint.  We heard some scratching at the table and of course the giggling, a little girl giggle.  I wouldn't believe someone if they told me this but I'm a bit weird by it all now.  I don't know if I believe in demons or bad spirits and what not but I just in case, I don't want to use that board anymore.  On the wall where the dogs bark are three pieces of wood decorations that I believe are antiques as well.

#8 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I must have been confused about your reason for posting.  after hearing your story and establishing that you are having intelligent communication with the spirits, I would say it is safe to say that those who refuse to believe in spirits will not believe you, those who believe will take the evidence that you are collecting and scrutinize it for authenticity and the "nuts" that you seemed concerned about being grouped into will explain everything as a ghost.  The fact that you are open minded but skeptical tells us that you are on the right path and no one here will judge you for the experiences you are having.

Edited by beniciaparanormal, 14 November 2011 - 11:34 PM.

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal

#9 bunk22

bunk22

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

View Postbeniciaparanormal, on 14 November 2011 - 11:33 PM, said:

I must have been confused about your reason for posting.  after hearing your story and establishing that you are having intelligent communication with the spirits, I would say it is safe to say that those who refuse to believe in spirits will not believe you, those who believe will take the evidence that you are collecting and scrutinize it for authenticity and the "nuts" that you seemed concerned about being grouped into will explain everything as a ghost.  The fact that you are open minded but skeptical tells us that you are on the right path and no one here will judge you for the experiences you are having.

One, to share and two, to make sure I'm not going nuts.  Thing is, this stuff happens once in a while, not a daily occurrence so I have time to consider, is it easily explained or something else.  Anyway, wanted to tell someone, why not a ghost forum.  I put it in the wrong forum as well I think but I appreciate the responses.  My wife's aunt works with a lady whose story is way crazy and she welcomes anyone to come spend the night in her house.  She lives maybe two miles from me, in a very old house and has daily, almost poltergeist type issues.  I'll take me occasional issues over her issues lol

#10 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Are you looking for answers? If so, what are your questions? (No guarantee on being able to answer your questions.)

Edited by Ghuoest, 15 November 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#11 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Welcome to the board.

It doesn't sound nuts to me, just creepy.

This sounds safe to communicate with. Try taking pictures around the house when things happen and see if anything comes out. If something does, then you can ask questions and see if they will answer.

About the Ouija... I really suggest you not use it. You will find that pretty much everyone on this board will tell you the same thing. The Ouija isn't just a game. It opens the door to what I call the otherworld. You have no way of controlling what comes through, and no way of knowing that the door is closed once you do try to close it.

#12 bunk22

bunk22

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Old thread but it's mine and an update.  It seems like every two weeks something happens.  Recently, the lamp next to the couch has been smacked...thing is, if the dog hits the table, it moves but you have to smack the lamp to get that thump sound.  The closet door in my daughters room will not open easily as it drags on the carpet and she heard it and then watched it open and it freaked her out.  My office door creaked open, heard it first, thought it was the cat and as I looked back at it, it stopped opening.  The air was not on and the cat did not go in the room.  Our dogs will stare into the air and start growling.  

Last night was not good as at 2 am, there was a loud sound, exactly like a piece of furniture being dropped onto the tile and then dragged across the floor for a few feet.  My dog immediately started growling and the wife was with my daughter in her room as she had been sick.  I immediately grabbed my bedside HD gun with tactical light and went through the house.  Nothing moved, nothing fallen, nothing.  The sound came from within the house.  Frustrating sometimes as it's quiet for weeks then, something happens.  It's almost like whatever is it, if there is something, wants to get our attention.  Is what it is I guess.

BTW, I lifted one of our wooden chairs and dragged it on the floor and it was the exact sound.

Edited by bunk22, 28 February 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#13 beniciaparanormal

beniciaparanormal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Sounds like whatever it is has gotten braver and is starting to play with your family and their sense of fear.  Regardless of why the spirit is there, no one in your family should have to feel afraid in their own home. When dealing with spirits, most of the time they are willing to comply with polite requests.  I would start by speaking to them as if they are standing there in front of you. Don't feel crazy about it, you have had enough experiences to confirm that confronting them is worth while. Simply tell them that you don't mind sharing your space with them, but they need to stop scaring your family.

Without giving to many details of the case, I am currently dealing with two little girl spirits that are extremely playful and like pulling harmless pranks.  When they desire more attention, they simply start being more active. The family living in the home has learned to enjoy their company but in order for their to be peace, boundaries had to be set.  After the family discussed the boundaries with them, things in the home settled down and no one has been afraid (I may have been startled a few times since they have decided to follow me home a few times, but everything seems to be playful)

Posted Image

Benicia Paranormal

#14 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

You're fairly certain all this is caused by something paranormal, so if you don't mind my suggesting, don't pull out the gun unless you really think what you're facing is living (or a zombie.) If it was something evil, it might get you to use it at the wrong time.

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

View Postbeniciaparanormal, on 29 February 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Without giving to many details of the case, I am currently dealing with two little girl spirits that are extremely playful and like pulling harmless pranks.  When they desire more attention, they simply start being more active. The family living in the home has learned to enjoy their company but in order for their to be peace, boundaries had to be set.  After the family discussed the boundaries with them, things in the home settled down and no one has been afraid (I may have been startled a few times since they have decided to follow me home a few times, but everything seems to be playful)

I wouldn't be inviting anything to stay, even with boundaries. And even if it's uncle Joe or aunt Betsy, just-say-no. It's either in or it's out, and you should always go with "out"! You really don't know for sure what you're really inviting into your home... and that's scary.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users