5 replies to this topic

#1 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

I miss this place when I'm gone and although I've been back a couple days, I haven't been able to participate.  Holidays.  Family.  Wonderful.  I'm here today and gone tomorrow.  Here it is:

I wear glasses.  I wear them when I drive and when I watch TV.

When I shut the TV off at night I fold the bows of my glasses in and place them on the right side of the bed because I don't sleep there and I trust they are safe.  For the most part they are but periodically I knocked them off the bed.  My glasses have disappeared down the head of the bed and have fallen between the wall and the bed.

On the morning of November 9th I got ready to leave the house and missed my glasses.  I couldn't find them anywhere which meant I probably knocked them somewhere during the night and sure enough they were lying among the folds of the dust ruffle and the wall.

I could see the frame and lenses and reached down to retrieve them by the nose piece but they wouldn't come up.  Afraid that I would break them, I took hold of the dust ruffle and pulled them up.

The material of the dust ruffle is a heavy weave and fairly tight yet the amazing thing about it all was the top bow of my glasses had been woven into the weave of the fabric.  I'd never seen anything like it.  WTH!?

When I tried to slide the bow out of the fabric, it would not budge.  Taking a closer look I found the strings from the weave were wound around the hinge screw.  WTH!?

I wished for another set of hands!  I had to unwind the string by rolling my glasses while holding the fabric before I could slide the bow out.   A portion of my dust ruffle is ruined by my own frustration with the whole thing yet when I recalled the night before.....I had a visitor that I ignored.   As far as I'm concerned, this was a result of that.

If I would have acknowledged its presence my dust ruffle weave wouldn't be ruined by loose strings and a run in the fabric.

I was pranked.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Ouch, That wasn't nice at all, sorry to hear the dust ruffle is ruined.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

wow that seems like a bit of an experience! your poor dust ruffle has suffered greatly by the prank!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:33 AM

:Boo: Yes, you were ...thanks for sharing. Some pranks we can do without.  I hope the loose strings and run are in a place where you might not see it.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,759 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

I wouldn't trust putting glasses on the bed, I'd roll over on them and break them.

Don't you have a nightstand or headboard to put them on?
Posted Image

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 23 November 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Ouch, That wasn't nice at all, sorry to hear the dust ruffle is ruined.

Missed you Mac.  Sorry I didn't make the game but this is my year for family holidays.  I missed my folks final years and didn't spend enough time with my sister before she moved on.  I have grand nieces and nephews I don't know.  I have another month of family.   The great cookie bakeoff is taking place on Sunday with the children.  Yikes.   I don't think I'll make it till Christmas.

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 23 November 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

wow that seems like a bit of an experience! your poor dust ruffle has suffered greatly by the prank!

Hi, Earthly.  It did.  It's difficult to be mad about it because it was so..far out there.  I might have saved it if I had not been in a hurry plus I couldn't understand what the problem was. lol

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 24 November 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

:Boo: Yes, you were ...thanks for sharing. Some pranks we can do without.  I hope the loose strings and run are in a place where you might not see it.

Klainey, how have you been?  It's up against the wall so no one will ever see it.  Even if I moved my bed, I can move it about.  It will work.

View PostVlawde, on 24 November 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

I wouldn't trust putting glasses on the bed, I'd roll over on them and break them.

Don't you have a nightstand or headboard to put them on?

Vlawde.  I wish this kinda stuff would happen to you.  lol.  No. I don't have a night stand.  And I tossed out my favorite reading lamp that was a floor stand.   You would have laughed to see my bed several years ago when it looked like the return table at the library.  Pretty convenient though, all I had to do was shake out the covers to make room for me.   The kitchen table is where I do all my reading now.  No lamp in my bedroom and no books.

It's nice to sit back and chat with all of you.  Enjoy your weekend.  I'll be back tonight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users