12!
Posted Image

#322 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

September 26th's picks are BANSHEE and the Bonus EXORCISM.

A banshee  BAN-shee; Modern Irish bean sí, from Old Irish: ban síde, "woman of the fairy mound" or "fairy woman") is a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by shrieking or keening. Her name is connected to the mythologically-important tumuli or "mounds" that dot the Irish countryside, which are known as síde (singular síd) in Old Irish.

Exorcism (from Greek εξορκισμός, exorkismós "binding by oath") is the religious or spiritual practice of evicting demons or other spiritual entities from a person, or an area, they are believed to have possessed. Depending on the spiritual beliefs of the exorcist, this may be done by causing the entity to swear an oath, performing an elaborate ritual, or simply by commanding it to depart in the name of a higher power. The practice is ancient and part of the belief system of many cultures and religions.

Requested and performed exorcism began to decline in the United States by the 18th century and occurred rarely until the latter half of the 20th century when the public saw a sharp rise due to the media attention exorcisms were getting. There was “a 50% increase in the number of exorcisms performed between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s.

September 26th's picks are: BANSHEE and the Bonus EXORCISM.

A banshee  BAN-shee; Modern Irish bean sí, from Old Irish: ban síde, "woman of the fairy mound" or "fairy woman") is a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by shrieking or keening. Her name is connected to the mythologically-important tumuli or "mounds" that dot the Irish countryside, which are known as síde (singular síd) in Old Irish.

Exorcism (from Greek εξορκισμός, exorkismós "binding by oath") is the religious or spiritual practice of evicting demons or other spiritual entities from a person, or an area, they are believed to have possessed. Depending on the spiritual beliefs of the exorcist, this may be done by causing the entity to swear an oath, performing an elaborate ritual, or simply by commanding it to depart in the name of a higher power. The practice is ancient and part of the belief system of many cultures and religions.

Requested and performed exorcism began to decline in the United States by the 18th century and occurred rarely until the latter half of the 20th century when the public saw a sharp rise due to the media attention exorcisms were getting. There was “a 50% increase in the number of exorcisms performed between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 25 September 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#323 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

Aw come on!  That wasn't even 1 for 2!  LOL

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#324 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

14!!!!
Posted Image

#325 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 26 September 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Aw come on!  That wasn't even 1 for 2!  LOL

Keep your chin up, there'll be two more posted tomorrow.

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 26 September 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

14!!!!

Cool! We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Posted Image

My Shop

#326 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:55 PM

September 27th, pick is DIRECT VOICE PHENOMENON (DVP) and the bonus is CALL.

Direct Voice Phenomenon (DVP) – An auditory “spirit” voice that is spoken directly to the sitters at a séance.

Call – A call is the response that is made by a subject during a card-guessing test or during any other type of ESP test.

Source

Posted Image

My Shop

#327 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:02 AM

14!!!!

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#328 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Still stuck at 14
Posted Image

#329 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

Today's picks are ASTRAL BODY, and the bonus is ELEMENTALS.

The astral body is a subtle body posited by many philosophers, intermediate between the intelligent soul and the mental body, composed of a subtle material. The concept ultimately derives from the philosophy of Plato: it is related to an astral plane, which consists of the planetary heavens of astrology. The term was adopted by nineteenth-century Theosophists and neo-Rosicrucians.

The idea is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the soul's journey or "ascent" is described in such terms as "an ecstatic.., mystical or out-of-body experience, wherein the spiritual traveller leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dream body or astral body) into ‘higher’ realms".Hence "the "many kinds of 'heavens,' 'hells,' and purgatorial existences believed in by followers of innumerable religions" may also be understood as astral phenomena, as may the various "phenomena of the séance room." The phenomenon of apparitional experience is therefore related, as is made explicit in Cicero's Dream of Scipio.

The astral body is sometimes said to be visible as an aura of swirling colours. It is widely linked today with out-of-body experiences or astral projection. Where this refers to a supposed movement around the real world, as in Muldoon and Carrington's book The Projection of the Astral Body, it conforms to Madame Blavatsky's usage of the term. Elsewhere this latter is termed "etheric", while "astral" denotes an experience of dream-symbols, archetypes, memories, spiritual beings and visionary landscapes.

Universally, an elemental is any magical entity who embodies/personifies a force of nature and therefore possess the powers of elemental cognizance, elemental detection, elemental generation, elemental manipulation, elemental self-transmutation, elemental expungement and elemental immunity; these powers are usually exclusive to the elemental's own unique element.

Within The Paracelsian concept an elemental is a mythic being described in occult and alchemical works from around the time of the European Renaissance and particularly elaborated in the 16th century works of Paracelsus. From the classical Paracelsusian perspective there are four elemental categories: gnomes, undines, sylphs, and salamanders. These correspond to the Classical elements of antiquity: earth, water, air and fire. Aether (quintessence) was not assigned an elemental. Terms employed for beings associated with alchemical elements vary by source and gloss.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 28 September 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#330 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Woo hoo! Bingo!  Since you haven't posted picks for October, is this the last?
Posted Image

#331 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 28 September 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Woo hoo! Bingo!
Congratulations! You won this month's Pooky Points. Posted Image

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 28 September 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Since you haven't posted picks for October, is this the last?

Yes, the game is over for this four-month round. Klainey won by two months, July and August.

Now the choice to make is: do we start a new year-long game of Paranormal Bingo, a game which is broken up into three-months segments? How it would work is, we would play the next three-month round and as before, whoever wins the most hands per round (three-months = one round) is declared that round's winner. We would continue till we have played all four rounds and whoever won the most rounds will be the winner of the Paranormal Bingo Game.

If you all agree, we can start the game in November.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 28 September 2017 - 05:14 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#332 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

The breakdown of Pooky Points awarded for these hands of PB are:

Klainey: 30
MrsFrootloops: 15
Vlawde: 15

Posted Image

My Shop

#333 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

I like this game!  Keep it going!

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#334 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

You are the overall winner, Klainey. Posted Image

Posted Image

My Shop

#335 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#336 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:07 AM

You go, Klainey!  :D

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#337 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

NEW PARANORMAL BINGO GAME RULES

How the Paranormal Bingo game will go: I will list thirty-five(35) paranormal terms on the 15th of each month. You will pick 15 words and Private Message them to me; this will be considered your bingo card. Bingo cards will only be accepted from the 15th to the 28th of each month for the following month's bingo. PM's received after the 28th of the month will not be confirmed. You will receive an answer from me confirming your bingo card picks, before the 1st of the month. If you do not get a PM confirming, please let me know by PM or by posting in the bingo thread.

Please make sure you keep a list of the terms, that you have chosen for your bingo card. In that way, you can check off the called words. One word will be picked per day and posted in the thread. The 1st person to get all 15 terms(that you have PM'd me with), will post "BINGO!" in the thread and will be the winner once confirmed. At that time, I will award the winner fifteen Pooky Points. To win, you must post "BINGO!" before the next day's term is called. If there is more than one winner, the points will be given to the person who posted "BINGO!" first. We will play Paranormal Bingo in three-months hands, for a total of four rounds (three-hands = one round), and the person who accumulates the most Pooky Points will be the winner.

If after playing all three hands of Bingo, there is a tie score amongst the hand winners, I'll set up a "Sudden Death Round"* and then whoever posts "Bingo!" first wins the round.

After all rounds of the year are played, and if we again have a tie for points, then we will play another hand of "Sudden Death" PB and the winner of the SD round will be declared the winner.

*The "Sudden Death Round" will be played just as the regular Paranormal Bingo game was. I will post a list fifteen(15) paranormal terms. You will pick five(5) words and Private Message them to me. These picks will be considered your "Sudden Death" card. You will receive a PM confirming your "Sudden Death" card picks. If you do not receive a confirmation PM, please let me know by PM or by posting in the Bingo thread. I will then post five words once per day, and the first person to post "BINGO!" will be the winner of the Paranormal Bingo game and receive a Custom Status Tag.

You are responsible for keeping track of your own bingo card. I have your card only as a reference to check when someone posts "BINGO!" and to confirm you for the game. If possible, please print this out and keep for reference! Hope you will all join me in this. I think this is going to be a blast. Any questions, please ask. See you on the 15th with the paranormal terms!

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 07 October 2017 - 09:40 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#338 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:50 AM

Click on either link to go to the new game.

New Paranormal Bingo Game

http://www.paranorma...showtopic=44937

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 18 October 2017 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users