odd ghost what is it?

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

One night/early morning a few nights ago something strange happened in my room. Let me start off saying that activity in my house on a scale of 1-10 has been about a 3-4 in recent years. Stuff might happen once a month or less that I am aware of.

I was awake around 1am and heard a whistle near my window. It was breezy that night a little but even during the strongest storms, nothing like this has happened like that before. This was a distinct human whistle and I thought it might be my dad making some weird sleeping noises but the location it came from did not make sense for that. The whistle was loud and distinct and I heard a fainter one later. I have heard it once before but that was a long time ago compared to now.

I know there are stories about not whistling at night but this wasn't me doing the whistling.

I just want to see if anyone has ever had something even slightly similar happen before. I debunked this as much as I could at the time and the day after. ]

#2 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Could it have been a nocturnal bird?

#3 SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 11 July 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Could it have been a nocturnal bird?

If it had been one I would probably have heard it more often and this sounded identical to someone whistling but more like as if calling a dog. If you whistle right now it will probably sound like what I heard.

#4 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

View PostSilverOrb, on 11 July 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

If it had been one I would probably have heard it more often and this sounded identical to someone whistling but more like as if calling a dog. If you whistle right now it will probably sound like what I heard.
What do you feel the whistle meant?
My Signature

#5 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Another thing to consider is the refraction of sound waves. Sound waves are different at night than during the day due to the air temperature and how sound waves curve and travel. So something that you might not hear during the day could easily be heard at night and vice versa.

The other thing to consider is, yes, it might be something paranormal :yes:

View PostMikaru, on 11 July 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Good question, I was wondering the same thing, what did your gut tell you?
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

good point, what was your immediate thought or reaction with the whistle?
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostMikaru, on 11 July 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

I don't think it meant anything. If it was paranormal it was a random thing that probably won't happen again or at least for a while.

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 12 July 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

good point, what was your immediate thought or reaction with the whistle?

It was out of place to me. If it was from a living person they had to be outside on the lawn and it was 1am I have seen people walking around 8pm but they would have little reason to whistle.
The odd thing is one night when I got home from work I swear I saw something white coming up the road. I would think more it was light reflecting off something though or me being tired. It would just be odd that that happens and then the whistle happens days/weeks later.

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 11 July 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Another thing to consider is the refraction of sound waves. Sound waves are different at night than during the day due to the air temperature and how sound waves curve and travel. So something that you might not hear during the day could easily be heard at night and vice versa.

The other thing to consider is, yes, it might be something paranormal :yes:

Good question, I was wondering the same thing, what did your gut tell you?

If it was a sound and it did carry it was still someone whistling at 1am. That to me is not the time to be doing so at all.

My gut told me and I remembered later that my grandfather would whistle sometimes. I know he has visited before after death and if he did again its not that strange for me.

#8 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

View PostSilverOrb, on 12 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

I don't think it meant anything. If it was paranormal it was a random thing that probably won't happen again or at least for a while.

It was out of place to me. If it was from a living person they had to be outside on the lawn and it was 1am I have seen people walking around 8pm but they would have little reason to whistle.
The odd thing is one night when I got home from work I swear I saw something white coming up the road. I would think more it was light reflecting off something though or me being tired. It would just be odd that that happens and then the whistle happens days/weeks later.

If it was a sound and it did carry it was still someone whistling at 1am. That to me is not the time to be doing so at all.

My gut told me and I remembered later that my grandfather would whistle sometimes. I know he has visited before after death and if he did again its not that strange for me.

It could be that someone took their dog out at that time and whistling them back. I know we take our dogs out so there are no surprises in the morning, and half the time I am still awake at 2 am.  

But I would go with my gut in your case :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 13 July 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

It could be that someone took their dog out at that time and whistling them back. I know we take our dogs out so there are no surprises in the morning, and half the time I am still awake at 2 am.  

But I would go with my gut in your case :yes:
Yeah theirs this feeling I have that it was't a typical thing. It was not a calling the dog kind of whistle either. It was longer and not that shrill. People in my area are usually quiet by 8pm or just getting home.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:26 AM

View PostSilverOrb, on 13 July 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Yeah theirs this feeling I have that it was't a typical thing. It was not a calling the dog kind of whistle either. It was longer and not that shrill. People in my area are usually quiet by 8pm or just getting home.

Did you feel it was your Grandfather?
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 SilverOrb

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 July 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

Did you feel it was your Grandfather?

It is a possibility at the time it happened I was just more surprised at the time. The day after I was thinking it over. If it was not my grandfather I have no idea who or what it was.

Edited by SilverOrb, 14 July 2018 - 04:33 PM.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com