• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 enigmmo4

enigmmo4

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

Hello everyone. First thing first.  I'm new here so I hope that I'm posting this in the right place.

It's been 2 years that I hear someone or something play flute at night at 3 or 4 a.m. the music sound like it's from outside and very clear and so beautiful and It was three notes and it repeated twice sometimes more and I'm sure that there is no one outside cause I live across a river.

This is the first time that i'm telling anyone about this so if you guys have any explanation to this it would be great full :)

Thanks so much for all of and any of your help.

#2 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:08 AM

Welcome to the forums, Enigmmo4!

Two years would be a long time for a living person to keep that up on a nightly basis. So we can probably rule that out. :  )

Have you tried recording it? If not, I would highly suggest you do that. First of all, it would offer some evidence to share. And secondly it would assure you that it's not in your mind. It shouldn't be too hard to do, considering it happens around the same time every night. So maybe try recording in your room first and if that doesn't work, maybe try recording outside your window.

If you are able to collect some evidence, we can help you to post it here for everyone to examine.

I must say, your case sounds intriguing.

#3 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

Could it be someone living across the river who practices the flute every night, because sound travels over water long distances.
Although  it would be an odd time to practice.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#4 enigmmo4

enigmmo4

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:43 AM

View Postkevinscan, on 13 December 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

Could it be someone living across the river who practices the flute every night, because sound travels over water long distances.
Although  it would be an odd time to practice.
i don't think so cause ther is no acces to the river and ther is no people living close to it beside me

#5 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

There was a recent posting about a tune that was like chimes or notes...

I have a copy of that somewhere...

Curious if the tunes might be the same....

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

An churches nearby that have chimes?  Maybe you haven't noticed during the day due to daytime noises? Have you ever researched the types of nocturnal birds in your area and listened to their calls to see if it sounds like what you're hearing? Have you tried to record the sound?

#7 enigmmo4

enigmmo4

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 13 December 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

An churches nearby that have chimes?  Maybe you haven't noticed during the day due to daytime noises? Have you ever researched the types of nocturnal birds in your area and listened to their calls to see if it sounds like what you're hearing? Have you tried to record the sound?
Hmmm... i don't think that is the churches cause i live in a muslim country and i don't think that are the birds cause i can 100% reconize the sound of a flute and not birds. plus we have only normal birds where i live, the type that go to sleep at night and yeah i will try to recorde it but i don't think that my phone can caption the sound (not a good mic.)

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 13 December 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums, Enigmmo4!

Two years would be a long time for a living person to keep that up on a nightly basis. So we can probably rule that out. :  )

Have you tried recording it? If not, I would highly suggest you do that. First of all, it would offer some evidence to share. And secondly it would assure you that it's not in your mind. It shouldn't be too hard to do, considering it happens around the same time every night. So maybe try recording in your room first and if that doesn't work, maybe try recording outside your window.

If you are able to collect some evidence, we can help you to post it here for everyone to examine.

I must say, your case sounds intriguing.
Thank you for the reply

And yeah i will try to recorde it but the thing is i don't think that my phone can caption the sound but i will try my best :)

#8 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:16 AM

View Postenigmmo4, on 13 December 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

Hmmm... i don't think that is the churches cause i live in a muslim country and i don't think that are the birds cause i can 100% reconize the sound of a flute and not birds. plus we have only normal birds where i live, the type that go to sleep at night and yeah i will try to recorde it but i don't think that my phone can caption the sound (not a good mic.)

Thank you for the reply

And yeah i will try to recorde it but the thing is i don't think that my phone can caption the sound but i will try my best :)

Where do you live? (Just approximate location)
Single family home?
Are you woken up by the sound?

#9 enigmmo4

enigmmo4

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 13 December 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

Where do you live? (Just approximate location)
Single family home?
Are you woken up by the sound?
I live in Morocco, and i live with my mum, usually i hear the sound when i stay woke up late at night doing some work or surfing the net

#10 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

some kind of  fairy perhaps, they are known to be fond of music as well as accomplished musicians.

#11 enigmmo4

enigmmo4

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

View Postbiblophile, on 13 December 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

some kind of  fairy perhaps, they are known to be fond of music as well as accomplished musicians.
Thank you for the information.

#12 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

I still think you're hearing something natural.

You say there are no nocturnal birds but according to my research there are 7 species of owls and 3 night jars that are found in your area.

If I were you I'd research their calls and see if one sounds similar. Distance and weather conditions, etc. could warp the sound.

#13 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:16 PM

I would be looking at the actual conditions when it occurs.   Is it completely still,  is there a light breeze,  is there a stiff breeze?

My gut instinct is,  since you are hearing it more or less daily over a long period of time,  you are hearing air flow over some structure that's causing a flute like noise.   You're not hearing it during the day because it's much noisier during the day.   More people doing things,  more cars,  tvs and radios on,  you're busier and not paying attention and probably making plenty of your own noise...

It may not be wind.   It may be a fan or some other artificial means.   It may also be the water in the river flowing over or through something just right.   But I think it's something manmade making the noise.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#14 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

Well, it's definitely a mystery. ..........I still hope you'll be able to capture it on audio.

Is it possible for you to buy an audio recorder? It would be so much better than a cellphone for collecting distant sounds.

#15 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:50 PM

You might be surprised at the sensitivity of some phone microphones.
The other day I was making an audio note on my iPhone and I can clearly her the tick tock of the clock in the kitchen when recording in my front room though I can't hear it myself from the front room
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 14 December 2016 - 11:50 PM, said:

You might be surprised at the sensitivity of some phone microphones.
The other day I was making an audio note on my iPhone and I can clearly her the tick tock of the clock in the kitchen when recording in my front room though I can't hear it myself from the front room

That is true, but a mic on a  phone does not have the frequency range and sound quality as a digital voice recorder (DVR)

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

just a question, have you had your hearing checked? I know there are some conditions that if you're in a certain position it affects your inner ear and can cause noise.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#18 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

when exactly, and what are you doing when you hear it?

I've heard something similar when there was a pinhole leak in the pipe from the water heater, (spraying water when someone was running hot water) and another time when there was a air leak in a heating system.

all it takes is some variable flow of air or water through a small hole

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:23 PM

Yes, even air flowing over fishing line can make a sound, that can be mistaken for a flute.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:15 PM

It might be the wind coming in through a hole somewhere in the house.
My recommendation would be to have the house inspected.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flute, noise, music, night, weird