15 replies to this topic

#1 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

This is going to sound crazy. I promise I am a sane down to earth person, easy going, with common sense, and not easily excited. That said.... the night before last something happened that I can not explain. I so want to find a reasonable explaination for it, but no matter what I come up with, it doesn't make sense.

I had just gone to bed, was laying there awake, not really sleepy yet. It felt like an energy of some kind came down on top of me, covering my whole body from head to toe. It was dark in the room, but everything got way darker, pitch black, like I was in a void of nothing. I lost my hearing. It felt like I had been plunged deep into water, I couldn't breath. This energy source left me after what seemed like four or five seconds and I felt my body jerk, hard, my head, neck, legs, feet, torso, and I fell down onto the mattress from above. I did not feel myself floating, but I felt myself fall back down onto the mattress.

I can not find a reasonable explaination for it, no matter how hard I try. I hope someone here has had this happen and has an explaination for it?? It was really scary.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

Could of been sleep paralysis. It can happen before you go to sleep too.
Posted Image

#3 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 10 June 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Could of been sleep paralysis. It can happen before you go to sleep too.

I was not even sleepy, had just gone to bed, I have never had sleep paralysis before. It sure felt real.... so I don't think that is what it was... I will have to find out more about sleep paralysis..
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

I use to suffer a lot from it, you do feel wide awake, but strange things happen, and you can't do anything about them. I had an episode once where I was laying on my stomach, and I had woken up and felt like someone was laying on top of me, and I was scared, and I as screaming my husbands name... but... my mouth wasn't opening, I realized that my tongue was flexing against the roof of my mouth, so I realized what was happening, so I calmed down, drifted back to sleep for a few seconds, then woke up fully, and cried about it. I've had times where I hadn't been to sleep yet, but they weren't as bad, just giant spiders on my pillow and stuff.

Sleep Paralysis
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

That sounds really scary Snickers. I would definitely look into sleep paralysis. I know from personal experience you can feel wide awake in a dream to suddenly realise you are still asleep.

However, when I read your post I felt it could have been an OBE. When you went into it and felt the change, it may have made you panic hence the unpleasant experience.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

I agree with what's said above. It could be sleep paralysis or maybe an accidental OBE. I've had an OBE happen twice. The difference is that I felt like I was floating slowly up and down. I wasn't scared or anything and it felt peaceful. I didn't even realize it happened until after. I was alert and aware, I could see and hear what was happening around me like I was underwater (it was all fuzzy and far away), but I couldn't move and didn't really want to.

Given your description though, I'd say sleep paralysis is more  likely.

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:27 AM

Sleep paralysis or not....I would not want that feeling at any time.  Hope it doesn't happen again
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:05 AM

Not sleep paralysis...  I had just laid down, I don't go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I was neither falling asleep, nor waking up, nor dreaming... I wish I could explain this incident with sleep paralysis then at least I would have an answer, but I have been reading about it for hours, and I am convinced this is not what happened.

#9 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:15 AM

As you said, you weren't sleeping and a darkness enveloped you and lifted you off your bed.

Being lifted into the air is commonly reported in cases where a 'dark cloud/mist/etc' enters someone's room and envelopes an individual or hovers over them or beside their bed etc. Sometimes the person who's lifted into the air is awake, other times someone else witnesses this happen to the person while the person is asleep (usually the person's significant other who's laying in the bed next to them).

#10 jwc

jwc

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostSnickers, on 10 June 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

This is going to sound crazy. I promise I am a sane down to earth person, easy going, with common sense, and not easily excited. That said.... the night before last something happened that I can not explain. I so want to find a reasonable explaination for it, but no matter what I come up with, it doesn't make sense.

I had just gone to bed, was laying there awake, not really sleepy yet. It felt like an energy of some kind came down on top of me, covering my whole body from head to toe. It was dark in the room, but everything got way darker, pitch black, like I was in a void of nothing. I lost my hearing. It felt like I had been plunged deep into water, I couldn't breath. This energy source left me after what seemed like four or five seconds and I felt my body jerk, hard, my head, neck, legs, feet, torso, and I fell down onto the mattress from above. I did not feel myself floating, but I felt myself fall back down onto the mattress.

I can not find a reasonable explaination for it, no matter how hard I try. I hope someone here has had this happen and has an explaination for it?? It was really scary.
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I have episodes of that myself

#11 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

Old Hag is awful! :confused0068:

#12 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Ok, excluding everything else, I'm going with sleep paralysis, and hope it doesn't happen again! Thanks everyone!

#13 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Honestly, it shouldn't happen again. Unless you have a sleeping disorder.
Posted Image

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:17 AM

View PostSnickers, on 12 June 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

Ok, excluding everything else, I'm going with sleep paralysis, and hope it doesn't happen again! Thanks everyone!

I hope it doesn't too :hugs:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

I've experienced SP a few times over the years. The last time a was flopped over half on half off falling off the couch that's what made me say in my mind oh I'm feeling panicky crushed about to fall on the floor but I need to close my eyes and just try to relax. That was a bad one!!

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

I agree it could be OBE. I've had a few of those episodes. When I've returned to my body, I had the feeling of falling from a height. The events can be scary the first time.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop