• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iseethings

iseethings

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:32 AM

I'm 17 y/o and i live in california, for a little bit of background i used to live in a condo with my mom, dad and brother at the time i was about 8 and my brother was about 12, me and my brother also shared a room but at this time my mom and dad were going through a divorce so me and my brother stopped sharing the room and he stayed in the room next to mine, anyways it was a sunny day and me, my mom and my uncle were cleaning the house and i was in my room alone wiping the windows, now my bed has a little curve at the end of it so you cant look over the foot of the bed without going to the end of the bed and looking over it, anyways i had a strange feeling that i was being watched and every few seconds i would look at the foot of my bed, eventually the strange feeling ceased and i continued to clean the windows and stopped looking over, but after a while i thought i could hear heavy breathing that wasnt mine, so as a reflex i looked to the end of my bed, as soon as i looked i saw a creature or ghost or something staring back at me, its skin was flaky and grey, its eyes were purple, its hair was matted and black, and it had no nose, just two holes where the nostrils start, i sat in fear for a few seconds before running out of the room, i havent seen it since but i have a feeling its whats been haunting me all these years, does anybody have any information about this thing?

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:52 AM

I had a couple of unexplanable events when I was young but I've never had a second encounter so I've just written them off as a hallucination and nothing more. As to what haunts you, it's your own embedded fears. Change your mindset. It will make it easier to move on in life.

Edited by EVP, 20 May 2019 - 02:52 AM.

Posted Image

#3 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

View Postiseethings, on 19 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

... i had a strange feeling that i was being watched and every few seconds i would look at the foot of my bed, eventually the strange feeling ceased and i continued to clean the windows and stopped looking over, but after a while i thought i could hear heavy breathing that wasnt mine, so as a reflex i looked to the end of my bed, as soon as i looked i saw a creature or ghost or something staring back at me...

The scenario described above is a typical example of what I refer to as 'the reveal'.

In this variation, most often occurring when someone's alone, the intent of the unknown party is to elicit a fear response from the observer. Meaning, the unknown party's intention is to frighten someone by either
1) actually revealing itself to them, or
2) (if it has the ability) appearing to them in whatever ghoulish guise fits the bill. It's an illusion, trickery, a 'mind hack'.

If you can train yourself to control your reactions that'll put you in a better position in the future to calmly observe, and 'question in your mind', if what you're seeing is really what's there.

Edited by True North, 20 May 2019 - 06:25 PM.