14 replies to this topic

#1 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

I have Mom guilt right now.   I haven't had a decent night's sleep since we brought Bertie (the cat)  home.  He's loud and a total bed hog...  if he's not literally draped over me in the middle of the night,  that is.   I've been saying for several days that I'm going to shut my door so I can sleep tonight.

He's in the hallway vociferously proclaiming that there's been some sort of mistake because he can't get in.

There are other people he can sleep on.

I predict I'm going to give up within the hour.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Anomalous audio recordings & photography.

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Cat's are a wonderful PIA. At one time when I shared a house with 3 other people, we shared 13 cats in total. Humans were the minority and we had to play to their rules, mind you, playing by their rules doesn't change whether you have one or twenty.

Strange behavior, like a child, independent yet demanding. I haven't had any pets now for over a decade and I am very happy with that although I adore cats. I just prefer having freedom in my own life now . Maybe that's a sign of just being self-centered but I can deal with that label in this case.

Edited by EVP, 03 February 2017 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:23 PM

Always been an animal lover. Except for one cat I had, I learned to close the bedroom door when I want to sleep. Snorting, farting dogs, always moving around and changing positions. Cat's aren't as bad, but can still disturb my slumber. I did have one cat that would just plop down on the pillow next to mine and sleep (when I was single)
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

LOL, I didn't even let our kids sleep with us let alone an animal. :th_evil: That door would be locked ^_^
Posted Image

#5 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

hahahaha! How did the night go? did you give in?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

I got up in the middle of the night and let him in.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#7 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

I remember this when Megumi was tiny.  (she was given to us when she was really too young to leave mama cat)  Seimei wasn't as clingy and needy, but I think he also chose to sleep with my daughter rather than me and Megumi.  :D

Of course, now, if I'm away from home, it's hard to sleep because I don't have Megumi watching over me.  Sleeping with her head on my shoulder or curled up beside my hip.

#8 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 03 February 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

I have Mom guilt right now.   I haven't had a decent night's sleep since we brought Bertie (the cat)  home.  He's loud and a total bed hog...  if he's not literally draped over me in the middle of the night,  that is.   I've been saying for several days that I'm going to shut my door so I can sleep tonight.

He's in the hallway vociferously proclaiming that there's been some sort of mistake because he can't get in.

There are other people he can sleep on.

I predict I'm going to give up within the hour.
You're such a beautiful person for being so compassionate to the poor little kitty. :)
file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FB_IMG_1485297485578.jpghttp://s1262.photobu...xibarn.jpg.html

I give up lol

#9 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 03 February 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Always been an animal lover. Except for one cat I had, I learned to close the bedroom door when I want to sleep. Snorting, farting dogs, always moving around and changing positions. Cat's aren't as bad, but can still disturb my slumber. I did have one cat that would just plop down on the pillow next to mine and sleep (when I was single)

So, there it is. Even though my cat woke me up at 2am everyday I still kept the door open. Sad part is the original owner put him down. I miss my buddy even if he was annoying at times.
file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FB_IMG_1485297485578.jpghttp://s1262.photobu...xibarn.jpg.html

I give up lol

#10 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

I don't think it's compassion.   We wanted a cat,  we took in a tiny tyrant who needed a home and by doing so we made a commitment to do what we can that he's safe and loved and happy even if he does annoying stuff.   And he has some terrible habits.   I just spent half an hour cleaning up his upstairs litterbox because he can't get his rear end IN the litterbox and stands in there throwing litter out onto the floor.  But there are also compensations.   He's snuggled up against me on the couch right now saying adorable things and purring loudly.

Posted Image

#11 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

I think they're all little tyrants, in their own way, but you got to love them. You'll be mad at them, for something they did, one minute, then they'll snuggle up to you and melt your heart. Bossy little fluff balls. They can get away with things, that if they were human, you'd never tolerate. They'll just look at you with innocent eyes and I swear they're thinking, "You gotta love me." and we do . :lol:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 04 February 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

I don't think it's compassion.   We wanted a cat,  we took in a tiny tyrant who needed a home and by doing so we made a commitment to do what we can that he's safe and loved and happy even if he does annoying stuff.   And he has some terrible habits.   I just spent half an hour cleaning up his upstairs litterbox because he can't get his rear end IN the litterbox and stands in there throwing litter out onto the floor.  But there are also compensations.   He's snuggled up against me on the couch right now saying adorable things and purring loudly.
Thanks for smashing what I felt about you. Carry on.

I give up lol

#13 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Mac I should have named him Hannibal because he doesn't know the meaning of not getting what he wants and goes on marches over any and all obstacles.  :-P

But,  yes,  they're all little tyrants.   And we just eat it up while laughing at their antics and complaining about them.

I just wish I could get a night's sleep.   Hopefully we'll come to an understanding soon.   He hasn't been here very long and he's still getting to be secure enough to be himself.   I'm hoping that the separation anxiety goes away with time and he sleeps somewhere more comfortable than on top of me.

Posted Image

#14 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

Cats can sleep anywhere. I've seen videos and pics, that you'd never believe, if you hadn't seen them. Here's a few.

30 Cats That Can Sleep Wherever, Whenever And In Whatever Positions They Like

30 Cats That Can Literally Curl Up Anywhere

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Ahque Wunantash Paskoogan / Pio nabo nequt / Nees muttanonganog kah nequt (Do Not Thou Forget 9/11/2001)

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

hahaha I love those links MacCG, cats are truly interesting little characters !

(the cat next to the fire looks like its levitating!)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users