• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 jaymckinney

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

Hello,

I have went on a handful of ghost investigations, but we didn't have enough money for the good equipment... I feel like we might have missed out on a lot of potential evidence because of the lack of equipment (IR cameras, thermal camera, etc).

Because of this, I am thinking about starting a ghost hunting equipment rental business. It would include complete kits, IR cameras, DVR systems, the thermal imaging camera, and more. I just need to make sure that people would be interested in using this type of service.

I believe this type of service would really help the ghost hunting community! Groups would save a ton of money and have access to high quality equipment.

If you would be so kind, please take the time to fill out this very short survey. (30 seconds of your time)

I really appreciate your time, thanks so much!

Moderators, my intention is not to spam this forum. I truly feel that this could help the community, and this is the best way for me to determine if others feel the same.

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

My experience is that someone always has it.  I have a few IR cameras, my bestie has EM meters, someone else in the group has a Frank's box, yet another has a multi-camera DVR setup (my IR cameras are used to help cover more)...

And what happens when someone breaks or loses equipment?  Insurance for rental businesses is fairly and necessarily high... but the demand for this specific, specialized equipment isn't all that brisk.

I think that it's an interesting idea but have you done all the other research to see if it's something worth doing or did you start out gauging interest?  Because a lot of people will say "oh, yeah, that's awesome!" and a tiny fraction of them would make up a small part of your customer base (because all this equipment is useful for it's original purpose).
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 jaymckinney

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to gauge interest and market size. My intent was to get those numbers, then weigh that against risk of damage, theft, debt, etc...
So far, it looks like either
a. people don't want to answer a survey
b. people aren't interested in the idea

60 people have viewed this post (2 separate forums), and 1 person has actually filled out the survey (that person seemed interested in the idea).
I am currently leaning toward the interest and market size is too small.

#4 deb_493

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Interests:paranormal

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

is intrested  but probably not in the same country as you are ;>(

#5 Mr Zeta

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Electronics. Astronomy, Music, Math, Advanced Physics, Aliens and ET !

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hello,

Personally I would rather use my own equipment for a special reason - attachment ! Ghosts (etc) may attach to the people using their own equipment that acts as a beacon; if you use equipment that other people have used, you may attracted unwanted visitors! Now that is all hypothetical mind you as I am a skeptical scientist who actually builds the equipment I intend to use.

This is just a note to those thinking about renting - not saying you cant and wont have problems cause people are different and their work is also different; it may appeal to some.

Cost wise I agree I would hate to rent something and have it break.

Mr Zeta

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com