Loud "hey!" Out Of Nowhere!

Ghost Whisper Hey Poltergeist Sleep Paralysis Scary Unexplained Shadow People Entity Knock

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

#1 MikeAnthon

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

I was watching a video on youtube about poltergeists. This poltergeist was knocking in the video to let paranormal experts know it was there. Hours later, I had fallen asleep and was awoken by sleep paralysis, which I've been having every night this week. All I remember from my sleep paralysis are screams. My body was trembling during and even after breaking free. Not from fear though. Sleep paralysis has not scared me for a very long time since I started having them in 2010.

After waking up, I thought I heard footsteps down my hallway but brushed it off. Then I heard knocks and seconds later I remembered about the knocks in the video meaning they're present. I just got on my phone and tried brushing it off as my subconscious playing tricks on me then I heard a very loud whisper "HEY!" I quickly jumped up and turned on my lamp. Needless to say, I didn't want to go back to sleep. My dog was in my living room and came in when she saw my light on. She just sat by my bed and looked up at me. I told her to come on my bed and she growled. I told her to come on my bed again and she gave a small whimper. Made me feel like I had the face of demon for a sec lol but she finally jumped on my bed.

I don't think the poltergeist from the video I watched traveled to haunt me. I think what's already been living here knew I watched the video and knew that I would know from watching it that those knocks meant they are present. What could it want?

The apartment I live in was a former hotel built in 1928 btw.

* This isn't the first time I've heard someone whisper "HEY!" loudly. It's happened two other times last year. I was sleeping alone in my room both times and was awoken by loud whisper "HEY!". Only that this time I was fully awake.

#2 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:12 PM

Do you take any medications? If so, do some research and see if that could be making you susceptible to sleep paralysis.
But like I have said before, a friend of mine had S.P once and during that episode, the cat was going nuts and trying to claw whatever was holding her down. So I'm not convinced that all sleep paralysis is just a sleep disorder.

Have you checked with your neighbors? Whatever it is, it's probably not just haunting you! I would ask as many neighbors as you can. Tell them you are experiencing a possible haunting in your apt. Then ask if they've had any experiences? One might actually say yes, and you'll have a new best friend to help fight this paranormal intruder..  ;)

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

Wow, that's quite a story...  Yeah, I would do like Jim says...  See if you're doing something in your life that could make sleep paralysis a common thing for you.  I noticed that I would have sleep paralysis/hypnosis if I got really stressed out from work.  I tried my best to control my emotions and not think about work whenever I am home.  I haven't had any sleep paralysis or hypnosis since.. that I know of, anyway.

Anyway, I'm not sure what yelled "hey" at you, but I have had similar things happen to me when I am sort of asleep/sort of awake.  It may be your mind messing with you, but I could be wrong.  I believe in paranormal stuff, so it could be something out of the ordinary like you are stating.

By the way...  :sign0016:
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

Interesting story, MikeAnthon

While sleep paralysis can happen to all of us now and then, but having them every night for a whole week is not common.
In order to help you, as Jim asked do you take any medication for anything?. And, also I would like to ask you if have you been drinking any energy drinks, or similar recently?

Either name calling, or just a "HEY" is quite common  when it comes to spirit manifestation, it's called A.V.P. So, your not alone, with the experience you had MikeAnthon. Have you experienced anything strange going on in your home, apart from when you had the sleep paralysis?

#5 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

Good stuff, Hudds

---------------------------------------------------

Mike... the next time you experience Sleep Paralysis, try this to come out of it faster.

1. Don't Fight
3. Wiggle your Toe
4. Clench your Fist
5. Focus on your Breathing and release all fear

As far as I know it only happens when a person is laying on their back. Particularly when falling asleep or as a person begins to awake.

#6 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 26 May 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Mike... the next time you experience Sleep Paralysis, try this to come out of it faster.

1. Don't Fight
3. Wiggle your Toe
4. Clench your Fist
5. Focus on your Breathing and release all fear

As far as I know it only happens when a person is laying on their back. Particularly when falling asleep or as a person begins to awake.

Very good tips Jim!. I completely agree with your advice. :good:

#7 MikeAnthon

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostHudds, on 26 May 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Interesting story, MikeAnthon

While sleep paralysis can happen to all of us now and then, but having them every night for a whole week is not common.
In order to help you, as Jim asked do you take any medication for anything?. And, also I would like to ask you if have you been drinking any energy drinks, or similar recently?

Either name calling, or just a "HEY" is quite common  when it comes to spirit manifestation, it's called A.V.P. So, your not alone, with the experience you had MikeAnthon. Have you experienced anything strange going on in your home, apart from when you had the sleep paralysis?

I am not taking any medication and no energy drink unless coffee counts??? And no weird things before. I mean things have happened but they're things that can easily be explained away. Such as my action figures falling at night, posters, nail tapping / scratching on the wall, etc.

I used an EVP in my room today. Didn't expect anything out of it. Then there was a loud distortion. Like a distorted sigh almost. And the word PARALYSIS came up. Freaked me out so I stopped playing with it.

BTW, all these sleep paralysis episodes happened while sleeping on my side. Very rarely happens when I'm on my back.

Edited by MikeAnthon, 27 May 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#8 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:15 AM

Happens on your side? Then maybe it's not sleep paralysis. Looks like we should lean towards it being paranormal attacks.

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostMikeAnthon, on 27 May 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

I am not taking any medication and no energy drink unless coffee counts??? And no weird things before. I mean things have happened but they're things that can easily be explained away. Such as my action figures falling at night, posters, nail tapping / scratching on the wall, etc.

I used an EVP in my room today. Didn't expect anything out of it. Then there was a loud distortion. Like a distorted sigh almost. And the word PARALYSIS came up. Freaked me out so I stopped playing with it.

BTW, all these sleep paralysis episodes happened while sleeping on my side. Very rarely happens when I'm on my back.

That reminds me of a guy I used to bowl with on a league...  He said if he slept a certain way, he would wake up floating, looking down at himself sleeping.  I'm wondering if this is something that goes on with the mind when we are in a certain position while sleeping...
My Signature
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 May 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

Happens on your side? Then maybe it's not sleep paralysis. Looks like we should lean towards it being paranormal attacks.

I agree, we should lean towards paranormal attacks.
I also experienced paralysis like symptoms while on my side, and while I was in that state I was being punched repeatedly at my back. And, as I broke free from that state, I felt a few hard final punches and I knew it was a paranormal attack, Jim

#11 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

I don't think it liked you very much, Hudds.  :o

I too had a sleep paralysis event once many years ago. I was on the couch falling asleep when I saw this dark figure approach me. I could see and feel that it was extremely evil. It came up to me and I immediately froze. I could not move or yell. I knew nothing concerning it's purpose because all I could think about was breaking free. Then suddenly it was gone and I was released. Super scary stuff. That was the one and only time. Sleep paralysis or something more, I do not know.

#12 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 May 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

I don't think it liked you very much, Hudds.  :o

I too had a sleep paralysis event once many years ago. I was on the couch falling asleep when I saw this dark figure approach me. I could see and feel that it was extremely evil. It came up to me and I immediately froze. I could not move or yell. I knew nothing concerning it's purpose because all I could think about was breaking free. Then suddenly it was gone and I was released. Super scary stuff. That was the one and only time. Sleep paralysis or something more, I do not know.

No, they didn't like me, Jim. As they were sent on a mission, in behalf of someone who wanted to break up my marriage. The demons told me that "We hate you", and "We will kill you" many times in E.V.P and A.V.P. There were two responsible, for all the malevolent activities and attacks.

Your very fortunate, to have had sleep paralysis only once.
I can imagine how scary your sleep paralysis, or maybe more? could had been, Jim.
Were you sleep on your back or side ways?

#13 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

I have an alternate theory.

What if someone (resident ghost,  spirit you know, whoever)  saw your distress during your sleep paralysis and came to try to wake you up?

That would also explain their telling you why they did it...  the "paralysis"  on the recording.
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#14 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostMikeAnthon, on 27 May 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

You mentioned hearing sounds of nail tapping/ scratching on the wall, how frequent you heard this sounds?and what do you think could had caused these sounds?

Did you use a digital recorder or you cell phone to record E.V.P?
Distorted sighs, and words or phrases said in E.V.P which could either confuse or alert or even freak someone out is quite common, Mike.

And, also Jim and I think what you been experiencing, may have not sleep paralysis, it's a paranormal attack.
First thing you need to do is stop being afraid, because fear and negativity feeds such entities. If you experience another mimic of sleep paralysis, I suggest you read and keep in mind Jim's Tips, as they would help you in that situation.

To be continued...

#15 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

Quit scaring that younger person.  It sounds as though he has a sleeping disorder.

There are lots of them out there these days.  And it doesn't sound like he is being
attacked at all.

Mike, a poltergeist would never follow you home.  That's not how they work.

Don't bother reading anything into what goes on around you and quit watching YouTube for
information regarding what's going on at your place of residence.  That's just plain
crazy.  Pay attention and let it go.  Keep a journal and do look for other explanations as
far as the scratching and knocking goes.  Hotels that have been renovated into apartments makes
for close living quarters.

And you could have a resident haunting.  I can't say that you do not.  If you do, it sounds like
a pretty laid back one to me.    

Hudds is correct about one thing though, don't be afraid because fear fuels the imagination more
than it fuels anything else.  IMO  To be surprised isn't unusual when your are on the receiving
end of the "Boo" effect.

That's just the way it goes down.

#16 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

@MikeAnthon

It's a good choice you made to stop recording any further, after you heard the sigh and word. E.V.P recording sessions most of the time are never pleasant, Either you may not capture anything, or will capture something unpleasant. And, also it can further increase paranormal activity depending on your motivation sometimes.

So, I kindly suggest do not get tempted to record E.V.P

Spirits are not that big, bad and fearful as they make themselves out to be, that's the reason they use our moments of being vulnerable, in your case while you were drifting of in a sleep state. Also, they can imitate sounds to start scaring you, so that your mind can do their work, and they further increase activity that way. Basically letting you do half of their work!

Don't let them frighten you buddy, they are WEAK and you are much more stronger than them, Mike. If it tries to frighten you, just laugh it up, and resume with whatever you were doing. :)
I would also kindly advice, that you try not to think about any ghost, spirits etc. Focus on more positive things in your life, as negative thoughts also can magnify, and allow spirits to give you attention because you seek.

I am not completely sure if there is a spirit in your home, but we are hear to help you deal with them if you have one wondering around.

Edited by Hudds, 28 May 2016 - 03:31 PM.

#17 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:21 PM

Menet... you could certainly be right about a sleep disorder. But when it happens on his side (kind of rare) and the EVP voiced out "Paralysis", and there's already a haunting going on, we have to explore that avenue. And it makes sense to try and connect those dots.

As for YouTube.... As Menet states, please don't go on there expecting to find some cure all methods! From what I have seen on YouTube, a person will be worse off by practicing most of those rid-your-haunting methods. In other words, you can attract more of what you already have!
So anyone reading this, please be careful on YouTube!

And as Hudds said, it's not usually recommended doing EVP's at home when there is a haunting going on. It can easily perpetuate the situation.

Hudds... I hope you will share your haunting with us at some point in time. I'm sure everyone would appreciate hearing about it. Did it end well?

#18 Guest_Hudds_*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 28 May 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Hudds... I hope you will share your haunting with us at some point in time. I'm sure everyone would appreciate hearing about it. Did it end well?

There are actually two haunting, Jim. One of them which happened in 1996 which is very strange and usual, and the other in 2011. Yes, I will be sharing both at some point. :-)

Edited by Hudds, 28 May 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#19 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

Very good... looking forward to it!

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

I've had episodes of paralysis while laying in bed. Each time I was wide awake. I would call out, 'Mom' or 'Dad' and no one would hear me.There were times when this happened and I could hear one of my parents walking to the bathroom, but they couldn't hear me call them. One time when it happened, I felt something fall/jump on top of me and as before I called out and no one heard me. Suddenly I got enraged, I could feel anger rising in me and I yelled at 'It'. I said, 'Get off me or I'll kill you.' The next thing I know, it quickly jumped off me and moved to the other side of the room. 'It' stood there and watched me.

the last time it happened, when I heard my mom go into the bathroom during the episode. I kept calling out to her, yelling, 'Mom!'. At first she thought it was my sister talking in her sleep, she tended to do that. She finally realized it was me and came running into my room. She pulled me up into a sitting position. She screamed for my Dad and he came running, I still couldn't move. So my Dad carried me into the parlor and sat me on the couch. My Mom sat with me and later told me, that it had happened to her once before. She told me the following:

After she put my sister in her crib, she went and laid down for a rest. (my Sister's room was on the other side of the house, from my parents room). My Sister started crying, and when my mom tried to get up, she found that she couldn't. It took awhile for her to be able to move. When she finally was able to move, she rushed to my sister's room. My Sister was fine, she was smiling and playing with her crib toys. It turns out my Mom was pregnant with me at the time. As I said that was the one and only time, that had happened to my Mom.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com