2 replies to this topic

#1 sherinator

sherinator

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Today, I decided to visit Denbigh Asylum, which isnít too far away from me, in North Wales. Iíve seen a lot of YouTube videos of people exploring the site, so decided it was time for me pay a visit. I had to use public transport, which took a long time. More recently, a video showed up on YouTube of the former caretaker setting his dogs on potential developers at the site, which got him into a lot of trouble and banned from entering the site.

Some brief history of the hospital:

ďThe North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental or Denbigh Asylum) is a Grade II listed building. Designed by architect Thomas Fulljames, building started in 1844 and completed in 1848. Once a hospital for up to 200 people with psychiatric illness, by the early 1900s it housed 1537 patients (approx). It is located in Denbigh, Denbighshire, Wales.

Designed by architect Thomas Fulljames to originally accommodate between 60 and 200 patients, the hospital originally had its own farm and gasworks. Planned for closure by Enoch Powell during the 1960s, it was closed in sections from 1991 to 1995.Ē

During my visit, I felt like I wasnít alone the entire time. The longer I was there, the more extreme this feeling became. I donít know if it was just because I was alone or there was some presence there, I wouldnít be surprised if there was due to the nature of the place. I plan to go back again soon. Have a look and see what you think.

UK paranormal TV series ďMost HauntedĒ did an overnight investigation at the asylum back in 2008, but anyone who has an interest in the paranormal knows full well that ďMost HauntedĒ is a load of tosh.

Edited by sherinator, 07 September 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

Cool, I'm glad you had a great time exploring.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:28 AM

Thanks for sharing your video and the history. You seem to have had an interesting investigation there :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Asylum creepy, scary, alone