• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#41 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

Yeah but nobody actually blames gods. There's just no losing to them. For example, when good things happen to an individual who we can say is "overly-devout." Then they respond that it Strengthens their faith. When bad things happen to the same individual...then it is "a test of faith."

I digress.

I was gonna ask if anyone on the investigation tried to see if any news recording or photo albums can identify the faces in the pics?
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#42 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Sly-Spectre @ May 5 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah but nobody actually blames gods. There's just no losing to them. For example, when good things happen to an individual who we can say is "overly-devout." Then they respond that it Strengthens their faith. When bad things happen to the same individual...then it is "a test of faith."

I digress.

I was gonna ask if anyone on the investigation tried to see if any news recording or photo albums can identify the faces in the pics?

Hi, I dont know of anyone who blames God or Demons for their messed up lives or criminal behavior except a few that we know about, like DeFeo, Bell Witch, and Emily Rose story. Those are rare and who knows for sure? I know many people get angry at God when they lose a loved one, and that should be temporary  I hope. I never believed in Demonics, till I lived thru its wrath. I have some PTSD but I dont blame God or myself, these things can attach to anyone, for a number of reasons, but of course NOT everyone, just some. I feel my haunting was a "test of faith" in a sense, and I passed. I just know as we all do, that there are folks out there that know alot more than we do, and I for one, network with many. I think life is a learning process for all of us, and once we do learn whatever it is we need to, we are then taken, young, old, and every age, even though its sad, and a loss to those left behind. To answer your question Sly, the home owners had no idea who that man was, and research is being done as I type this. That spirits is causing alot of problems for the family. So another investigation is going to take place once they check the history of the home and land.
I have a alot of people I network with, and 2 PI's have a demonic attachment, and they are scared, but they tend to feel they can handle it, but its obvious they cant. So no one is exempt from any haunting, and I prefer human spirits who visit, make an appearance and leave. I think we are all here for the same reasons #1 to figure out what happens after we die #2 they are fascinated by the paranormal. Just my take on it..Great posts, thanks all.
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#43 ~=IKON=~

~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

Come one guys.  Can we get back to the picture?  Please!!!!   th_sarcastic_blum.gif

I wasted like 20 minutes here at work to post my comment. At least we can all try to get back to topic.  Not just for me, but for saving this post sakes.

This is called Ghost Study.  Not belief wars LOL  fighting0072.gif

Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#44 SiliaGelin13

SiliaGelin13

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

Is me, or does that look like a World of Warcraft Banshee!?? lol

#45 ~=IKON=~

~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(SiliaGelin13 @ May 5 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is me, or does that look like a World of Warcraft Banshee!?? lol

OMG!  I didn't even think about that until you said it.  It totally does!  A smudged Banshee at least LOL[/color]

Edited by ~=IKON=~, 05 May 2009 - 11:34 AM.

Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#46 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

What we need is a lab setting and ghosts happy to stand on the mark and say "cheese" while we test out cameras and settings for the best way to get photos of them.

#47 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ May 5 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I dont know of anyone who blames God or Demons for their messed up lives or criminal behavior except a few that we know about, like DeFeo, Bell Witch, and Emily Rose story. Those are rare and who knows for sure? I know many people get angry at God when they lose a loved one, and that should be temporary  I hope. I never believed in Demonics, till I lived thru its wrath. I have some PTSD but I dont blame God or myself, these things can attach to anyone, for a number of reasons, but of course NOT everyone, just some. I feel my haunting was a "test of faith" in a sense, and I passed. I just know as we all do, that there are folks out there that know alot more than we do, and I for one, network with many. I think life is a learning process for all of us, and once we do learn whatever it is we need to, we are then taken, young, old, and every age, even though its sad, and a loss to those left behind. To answer your question Sly, the home owners had no idea who that man was, and research is being done as I type this. That spirits is causing alot of problems for the family. So another investigation is going to take place once they check the history of the home and land.
I have a alot of people I network with, and 2 PI's have a demonic attachment, and they are scared, but they tend to feel they can handle it, but its obvious they cant. So no one is exempt from any haunting, and I prefer human spirits who visit, make an appearance and leave. I think we are all here for the same reasons #1 to figure out what happens after we die #2 they are fascinated by the paranormal. Just my take on it..Great posts, thanks all.

The investigation is ongoing? Really! Wow I had no idea it was THAT recent. I look forward to ubdates Blue! And for the later posts I stopped playing WoW years ago (too repetitive for my tastes...) So I'm not sure what the banshee looks like.

"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#48 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

Correction: I somehow posted a picture that was not taken by Holly being the blue ecto in the attic, it was taken by a PI team in Mississippi. The site I get these from is quite extensive and I messed up. Sorry to Holly and all of you. The blue face and other was taken by another PI team. I will post Holly's once I load them. In any case, I believe in all the photos regardless of who took the pics..Holly will be here by tomorrow to post her photos along with EVP's etc. OOPS.. happy0045.gif

#49 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,390 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

I got a message from Holly saying she signed up but was getting error messages when she tries to post.

And no offense, but believing any pic regardless of who took them?
Posted Image

#50 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ May 5 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a message from Holly saying she signed up but was getting error messages when she tries to post.

Holly's account is awaiting validation.  GS gets at least several dozen new accounts per day, and they all have to be validated (to help root out spammers) before the applicant can post.  Hers should be up and running very soon, though.

#51 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ May 5 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And no offense, but believing any pic regardless of who took them?

I explained there is a day or so for her account to be validated. So you dont believe any pic you see, is that what your saying? fighting0072.gif

#52 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ May 6 2009, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you dont believe any pic you see, is that what your saying? fighting0072.gif

I believe that Vlawde is asking whether you have blind faith in all purportedly-paranormal photos.

#53 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

I think Blue meant that she believes THESE pictures are real, whether Holly took them or not. Not that every claimed paranormal pic is real wink.gif
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#54 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,390 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ May 6 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that Vlawde is asking whether you have blind faith in all purportedly-paranormal photos.

That is correct!
Posted Image

#55 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ May 6 2009, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is correct!

Thanks guys..Of course I dont believe every photo I see is paranormal or questionable. The ones I posted I felt were worth sharing with others. I am tired of seeing YouTube garbage, and fake pics posted from the web, its a waste of time. I think when it involves an investigation,and or professional photographers, and has an anomaly it could be of the paranormal and fun discussing. Simply because you know about cameras you are no more of an expert than I am. I have seen motion blur, double exposures, photo shopped and every other kind of photo, and my share of fakes, or what the person thought was something strange. Some of what I see has to do with feelings, and credibility of the person who took the photo and then I make a decision. wallbash.gif

#56 colleenlvlc

colleenlvlc

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE(Sly-Spectre @ May 4 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look I'm annoyed with skeptics as well but if you take a step back and just notice that all Snowlord, Trin, Vlawde, and other people with experience in photography are doing is providing alternative explanations before you jump on the "IT'S A GHOST" bandwagon. Remember that paranormal evidence is probably the most scrutinized evidence by critics outside the field so if you jump on the wagon and find that it can be replicated, then people are gonna assume your a fake and are crazy. Snowlord's intention isn't to give you a hard time even though sometimes I want to grab his camera and swing it at him like a mace (just kidding dude th_sarcastic_blum.gif ! ) but in the end he's helping to make sure you don't get caught jumping the gun. And I have to agree with him partially that it could be lens flare. My problem with the theory is how does lens flare change from bright light to brown. The reason is not only can I make out the form...but I can see her neck. But I'll refer to Snowlord, trin, or Vlawde for any alternative explanations.
I don't believe everything is a ghost, i find very few pics that i think could be something, but i do believe it's possible,'i guess that is what bothers me, i understand we need all opinions, i just wish the opinions also came with the thought that it is not impossible, some of these pics may be something
at the center of each of us lies our essential spirit.it is what defines us our ultimate strength.it gives us hope for a greater purpose to the life we lead,and the yearning for a sense of meaning.this core in us is something everyone is born with and will die with,it is what many believe carries forth beyond death,it is our soul

#57 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

Good post Colleen good.gif

#58 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(colleenlvlc @ May 20 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe everything is a ghost, i find very few pics that i think could be something, but i do believe it's possible,'i guess that is what bothers me, i understand we need all opinions, i just wish the opinions also came with the thought that it is not impossible, some of these pics may be something

Hi Colleen,

I can understand why it would bother you if it seems like people are being closed-minded and simply shooting down good evidence without due consideration.  I agree whole-heartedly.

Any skeptic or critical thinker worth their salt acknowledges that it is possible that any given one of these images may show a real ghost.  The really unfortunate thing is that there is no way to objectivly measure a ghost photo for paranormal authenticity.  If there were, we could just apply the proven method and say "ghost" or "no ghost" with complete certainty.  Then we could get down to oohing and ahhing over the real ones.

Since we do not have a way to do that, we are only left with logic and the process of elimination to guide us.  That is, we must ask ourselves what is the most likely explanation for what we see in any given photo.  The principle of Occam's Razor tells us that the simplest explanation is the most likely to be correct.  In this context "simplest" means that which requires the fewest assumptions to be true.

We compare the image in question to known natural photographic errors and look for a match.  We look at all known possible natural explanations first, because those are things that we can measure and duplicate.  It is only when those have been eliminated that a supernatural explanation should even be put on the table.

It is important to note that even if all known natural explanations are disproved, then that does by no means prove that a supernatural explantion is the correct one.  it is possible that there are natural explanations we do not know of.  We do not get to say that something is unexplained, and then explain it by appealing to the supernatural.

Equally important to note is that when someone attributes a photo to a natural explanation, they do not know 100% for sure that it is so.  It is possible that the photo shows a genuine paranormal event that closely mimics a known natural photoghraphic error.  It is good logic, however to go with the simpler answer.  The natural explanation is vastly more likely to be true than the paranormal one.

This whole thing is frustrating because it is a game of odds.  No amount of logic can tell us for sure what we are looking at.  Some may choose to believe a given photo is paranormal, and I do not begrudge them their choice.  My personal philosophy is that I will go with the odds.  I prefer to take the remote chance that I will miss a piece of genuine parnormal evidence, rather than the very good chance that I will be fooled into believing something that is not true.

If you have not seen the video I posted in this thread:   http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...showtopic=34275 ,  I would encourage you to give it a watch.  It is short and pretty enjoyable.  It explains things better than I could ever hope to.

Regards, Canis

#59 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(colleenlvlc @ May 20 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...  i just wish the opinions also came with the thought that it is not impossible ...

Just for the public record I will state here that I do not think that it is impossible for any picture to be a paranormal picture. But like Canis says above, I think the chances of it being that are so slim that I won't accept that explanation without some good ( and repeatable ) corroborating evidence. That still makes me sound like a wet blanket party pooper, but it's all I've got to work with.

#60 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ May 20 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just for the public record I will state here that I do not think that it is impossible for any picture to be a paranormal picture. But like Canis says above, I think the chances of it being that are so slim that I won't accept that explanation without some good ( and repeatable ) corroborating evidence. That still makes me sound like a wet blanket party pooper, but it's all I've got to work with.

I respect your opinions, however even if anyone took a photo and caught something, and 13 witnesses came forward stating they were there, what good would it do? I had witnesses to my photos and they were analyzed by a photographer that works with 2 teams, yet people here find some kind of reason, its dust, its lense flare, someone moved, double exposure etc. I assume the only time you will truly believe in spiritual pics is when you take one. I hope you have the experience, then you have more to work with..