• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

I have had some seriously bizarre things happen  over the past 5 years. I have never before believed in ghosts, spirits, demons, angels, hobgoblins, paranormal activity, or religious
Dogma. I have never posted anything, like ever, but I have been compelled by some more recent incidents involving physical altercations, damage to my home, and witnessing some otherwise unexplainable events. Some people close to me believe I have a dark/powerful "entity" attached to me since I relocated & this has now happened in two different states. I have received a bunch of advice that seems to contradict one after the other. I would like to know how do you find a LEGITIMATE and qualified person to deal with something potentially REALLY dark. I'm not Rubbish'ing, there has been some SERIOUS poltergeist/amityville horror kind of stuff happening. I have one photo a friend sent me after staying at my previous home in California but I don't see where to post it here on this Mobil app. It actually has a face in the photo. Pls reply if you have a serious reply or suggestion. Thx.

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

Welcome HauntedSkeptic.  You will find a great wealth of  knowledge of all the members here.  They are very supportive & at the same time very honest with their thoughts, opinions & the advice you seek. but never condescending. Again - welcome! You are among some of the best people on earth - from strong believers to skeptics.  I find this to be the perfect balance. Enjoy M

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hello HauntedSkeptic.  Do you just think you have a presence around you because of what you have experienced, or do you literally feel something around you?  In all seriousness, it could just be a string of bad luck or coincidences.  We have to try to rule everything out.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#4 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hello Out There,

I have had some seriously bizarre things happen  over the past 5 years. I have never before believed in ghosts, spirits, demons, angels, hobgoblins, paranormal activity, or religious
Dogma. I have never posted anything, like ever, but I have been compelled by some more recent incidents involving physical altercations, damage to my home, and witnessing some otherwise unexplainable events. Some people close to me believe I have a dark/powerful "entity" attached to me since I relocated & this has now happened in two different states. I have received a bunch of advice that seems to contradict one person after the next. I would like to know -how do you find a LEGITIMATE and qualified person to deal with something potentially REALLY dark? I'm not Rubbish'ing, there has been some SERIOUS poltergeist/amityville horror kind of stuff happening. I have one photo a friend sent me after staying at my previous home in California but I don't see where to post it here on this Mobil app. It actually has a face in the photo. Pls reply if you have a serious comment or suggestion.

-Haunted Skeptic in Denver

#5 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

People telling you something off the cuff is not the most reliable source. You need to do a proper case study. Where interviews and history, data are compiled.

#6 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

No, believe me... I have tried explaining and excusing every strange occurrence but I can't deny some of the serious encounters and things I have witnessed. Yes, physical. I am not sure I am comfortable going into detail on everything here quite yet, particularly because I don't think anyone would believe me. Very few people know everything and those who do, say I am insane for not moving. My problem is that I don't think it's the house that is haunted.

#7 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

I've merged your two threads together so that we keep everything in one spot.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

What are your living arrangements? Alone, family, room mate?

#9 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

Oh thx for the merge, I'm totally tech illiterate. I live in an 1880's 3-level Victorian. One separate lower level apartment, then my roommate and I live on the top 2 floors. I am by myself on the top floor. I mentioned many occurrences, mostly were in my last house in the California Desert, where I lived alone. -At least until recently. A friend who is more knowledgable with the paranormal has told me to reach out for help, since in his words this is "way too aggressive and dangerous."

Is there any possible link to near death or very traumatic/violent experiences and attachment/possession? I've heard extreme fear can possibly attract this kind of situation. Curious if there's anything to that?

#10 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostHauntedSkeptic, on 01 October 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Oh thx for the merge, I'm totally tech illiterate. I live in an 1880's 3-level Victorian. One separate lower level apartment, then my roommate and I live on the top 2 floors. I am by myself on the top floor. I mentioned many occurrences, mostly were in my last house in the California Desert, where I lived alone. -At least until recently. A friend who is more knowledgable with the paranormal has told me to reach out for help, since in his words this is "way too aggressive and dangerous."

Is there any possible link to near death or very traumatic/violent experiences and attachment/possession? I've heard extreme fear can possibly attract this kind of situation. Curious if there's anything to that?

You may be right about extreme fear attracting evil spirits.  Do you notice bad things usually happening to you if/when you are fearful?

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hi and welcome. A lot of people here have similar personal experiences; so you are in good company. I just checked my mob. phone when you add a comment it is a tab attach file down bottom left side. Or better still use photo host sites like Photobucket as GS has limited 500k size.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

Thanks all. Well, this may be an over-share but I feel I need to give a fair overview of my situation. My life definitely turned after a pretty rough situation a few years back. I was the victim of a dark individual who held me captive & drugged me against my will for several days until I managed to escape. I was not treated well. I struggled for quite some time, as one would imagine and was hospitalized for PTSD and physical injuries.

It has been challenging to accept the continued negativity that has progressed around me, regardless of how hard I try to build a healthy, positive, and balanced life. I am fairly convinced there is something very powerful attached to me. I don't understand what it wants or how to interpret its actions, however.

I mentioned many strange occurrences. I feel insane myself as I am typing this, so I can't imagine what others will think... But this is the last thing that happened 3 nights ago. I was sound asleep in bed with my small dog, when at 2:30am I woke to a VERY loud "bang" and my (locked) door then swung open (opens out from my bedroom) and slammed against the opposite wall so hard that the door hinges ripped out of the wall and broke some 100+ yr old plaster.

If there is something there, what should I interpret that as? Just "get out"? Like I also said, this stuff has happened in 2 of my homes consecutively now since the situation I disclosed at the top. I am pretty over it and really emotionally fatigued. I would genuinely appreciate any recommendations. (Other than therapy) ;)
Thank you

#13 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

You came to the right place, or at least I think so. Go into as much detail on the incidents as you comfortably can, If anyone calls you crazy they probably don't represent the general attitude and beliefs of the forum members like myself. We do have some differences of beliefs and opinions on how these things work but don't let anyone get to you, and understand some of us here try to debunk things for the sake of eliminating other causes and dangers(for example, bad house wiring can emit enough energy to trigger the nightmare generating sections of our brain to activate while were awake, and cause feelings of dread or hallucinations).
Ill do my best to give you some basic suggestions and information, Ive had a few incidents throughout my life, nothing major but enough that I try to keep up with this stuff:

*For finding a professional to help, I'm not well versed on it, but what Ive read suggests people who ask for money or compensation should generally be avoided, under the basis a number of people who ask for that are scammers. I could be wrong on this, maybe there are plenty of people out there who are legitimate but need the cash, but generally thats what Ive come to understand.

*As for feeding on fear (I think you mentioned something of the sort), the common belief that these creatures feed on certain kinds of energy, and humans either give off a more "digestible" energy when they are afraid, or perhaps we generate it all the time but greater when we are afraid. An alternative theory is these things are just plain evil and torment us for entertainment, using bigger and bigger theatrics to scare us more. If the fear is food for them, then they start out with small things because they dont have much energy to work with, and gradually they build up more and reinvest it through bigger and bigger scares. Its possible some of the dread we feel around these things is a sort of negative pressure they produce to augment the hunt.

*As for the door slam, probably another of its stunts to scare and feed off of you

*As for following you, this is fairly common among reports. It could be attached to you or something you own, that it uses as an anchor point. You may be slightly more sensitive to the paranormal too, we all are to some degree, and that draws some nasty things to people because if they can be seen easier, they need less energy to get your attention and begin the cycle. The kidnapping and drugging may have harmed you in a way that made you an easy target like a wounded animal. It could be the sick mind who did that to you had the things following him/her and followed you home afterwards. Certain tools designed for interacting with the paranormal can enable a spirit to anchor to you, or the object itself. In a personal experience, saying insults in my mind to something led it to haunt me for years.

My first recommendation is to build a positive environment around your house, keep the radio on, have comedy central playing or a DVD of a favorite comedian, adjust the windows to bring natural light into the house. Clean up any garbage or clutter around the house. Many forum goers here believe in imagining a holy white light of protection around yourself, like a force field, and imagine it expanding to surround the room and then entire house.

Second, Do not talk to it, do not ask it questions, do not ask it to do anything for you, except to command it to leave. Try to prepare yourself, expect it but without getting anxious. Anytime you sense it, tell it in no uncertain terms to leave, this is your house, it is not welcome here, it is not permitted to follow you anywhere, it cant have anything in your house, not even the trash not even the dust floating in the place. When it tries to scare you, try to be ready to look it dead on and command it to leave, no matter how scared you might get. This can be very hard, I know from experience. Get yourself into  a take charge state of mind, and imagine a scenario in your head where you open a closet, expecting it to be there and to see it, and command it to leave, before it tries to jump out at you.

You might consider bringing in crucifix and placing them in the house, if only to see if the creature backs off, at the very least it's reaction may give insight into what it is. I know people who dont believe in organized religion but believe in the creator, if your one of those be sure to ask his help if you havent already, perhaps ask him to remove the creature and place it somewhere it may live happily without causing anyone harm.

Theres no telling what exactly will do the trick, but being persistant, stubburn, and steadfast usually wins. The entities I managed to invoke with an insult left me alone with a simple prayer to the creator to send them my apology. Another less aggressive creature required outside intervention to remove, believe it or not a member here remotely removed it, I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt experienced it myself, got home and had a message saying he removed it and I never heard/saw/felt it again. Another entity appeared in my room three times, the same thing in the same spot, unmoving and emanating evil, I was so afraid I couldnt look at it for more than five seconds (Ill bet I only made it to three) before the shock of seeing it had me so scared I had to hide under the covers. This only required covering it's place of manifestation with a blanket for a while to discourage it into leaving, and it was by far the worst of my experiences.

Good luck.

#14 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

View Postklainey, on 02 October 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Hi and welcome. A lot of people here have similar personal experiences; so you are in good company. I just checke my mob. phone when you add a comment it is a tab attach file down bottom left side. Or better still  use photo host sites like photobucket as GS has limited 500k size.

View Postklainey, on 02 October 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Hi and welcome. A lot of people here have similar personal experiences; so you are in good company. I just checke my mob. phone when you add a comment it is a tab attach file down bottom left side. Or better still  use photo host sites like photobucket as GS has limited 500k size.

Thanks for the info. Finally figured it out. This pic was sent to me from a friend who was visiting me in California. He had taken several pictures of my house. He saw this image when he got home to NY. It was a digital camera so not sure if it can cause that "ghost image" from light refraction or something- but it is 100% not smoke, staged, or "faked". My friend is even less tech savvy than me. Any thoughts?

Attached Files

#15 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostHauntedSkeptic, on 02 October 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. Finally figured it out. This pic was sent to me from a friend who was visiting me in California. He had taken several pictures of my house. He saw this image when he got home to NY. It was a digital camera so not sure if it can cause that "ghost image" from light refraction or something- but it is 100% not smoke, staged, or "faked". My friend is even less tech savvy than me. Any thoughts?

Thanks for sharing the pic, HauntedSkeptic, and I'm sorry to here about your PTSD complication.  I know plenty of people with the same illness and I know it is not easy to live with.

Concerning the pic... It looks to me like a wispy white cat tail that was wagging at the time the picture was taken.  Does your friend own a cat?

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#16 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostNort Thalem, on 02 October 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

You came to the right place, or at least I think so. Go into as much detail on the incidents as you comfortably can, If anyone calls you crazy they probably don't represent the general attitude and beliefs of the forum members like myself. We do have some differences of beliefs and opinions on how these things work but don't let anyone get to you, and understand some of us here try to debunk things for the sake of eliminating other causes and dangers(for example, bad house wiring can emit enough energy to trigger the nightmare generating sections of our brain to activate while were awake, and cause feelings of dread or hallucinations).
Ill do my best to give you some basic suggestions and information, Ive had a few incidents throughout my life, nothing major but enough that I try to keep up with this stuff:

*For finding a professional to help, I'm not well versed on it, but what Ive read suggests people who ask for money or compensation should generally be avoided, under the basis a number of people who ask for that are scammers. I could be wrong on this, maybe there are plenty of people out there who are legitimate but need the cash, but generally thats what Ive come to understand.

*As for feeding on fear (I think you mentioned something of the sort), the common belief that these creatures feed on certain kinds of energy, and humans either give off a more "digestible" energy when they are afraid, or perhaps we generate it all the time but greater when we are afraid. An alternative theory is these things are just plain evil and torment us for entertainment, using bigger and bigger theatrics to scare us more. If the fear is food for them, then they start out with small things because they dont have much energy to work with, and gradually they build up more and reinvest it through bigger and bigger scares. Its possible some of the dread we feel around these things is a sort of negative pressure they produce to augment the hunt.

*As for the door slam, probably another of its stunts to scare and feed off of you

*As for following you, this is fairly common among reports. It could be attached to you or something you own, that it uses as an anchor point. You may be slightly more sensitive to the paranormal too, we all are to some degree, and that draws some nasty things to people because if they can be seen easier, they need less energy to get your attention and begin the cycle. The kidnapping and drugging may have harmed you in a way that made you an easy target like a wounded animal. It could be the sick mind who did that to you had the things following him/her and followed you home afterwards. Certain tools designed for interacting with the paranormal can enable a spirit to anchor to you, or the object itself. In a personal experience, saying insults in my mind to something led it to haunt me for years.

My first recommendation is to build a positive environment around your house, keep the radio on, have comedy central playing or a DVD of a favorite comedian, adjust the windows to bring natural light into the house. Clean up any garbage or clutter around the house. Many forum goers here believe in imagining a holy white light of protection around yourself, like a force field, and imagine it expanding to surround the room and then entire house.

Second, Do not talk to it, do not ask it questions, do not ask it to do anything for you, except to command it to leave. Try to prepare yourself, expect it but without getting anxious. Anytime you sense it, tell it in no uncertain terms to leave, this is your house, it is not welcome here, it is not permitted to follow you anywhere, it cant have anything in your house, not even the trash not even the dust floating in the place. When it tries to scare you, try to be ready to look it dead on and command it to leave, no matter how scared you might get. This can be very hard, I know from experience. Get yourself into  a take charge state of mind, and imagine a scenario in your head where you open a closet, expecting it to be there and to see it, and command it to leave, before it tries to jump out at you.

You might consider bringing in crucifix and placing them in the house, if only to see if the creature backs off, at the very least it's reaction may give insight into what it is. I know people who dont believe in organized religion but believe in the creator, if your one of those be sure to ask his help if you havent already, perhaps ask him to remove the creature and place it somewhere it may live happily without causing anyone harm.

Theres no telling what exactly will do the trick, but being persistant, stubburn, and steadfast usually wins. The entities I managed to invoke with an insult left me alone with a simple prayer to the creator to send them my apology. Another less aggressive creature required outside intervention to remove, believe it or not a member here remotely removed it, I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt experienced it myself, got home and had a message saying he removed it and I never heard/saw/felt it again. Another entity appeared in my room three times, the same thing in the same spot, unmoving and emanating evil, I was so afraid I couldnt look at it for more than five seconds (Ill bet I only made it to three) before the shock of seeing it had me so scared I had to hide under the covers. This only required covering it's place of manifestation with a blanket for a while to discourage it into leaving, and it was by far the worst of my experiences.

Good luck.

Wow , that was incredibly generous of you. Thank you.

I typically try to  ignore it, however it has actually physically engaged with me, which makes ignoring it difficult. Those occasions are more rare than the noises, sightings, and "feelings" I get. However, I have suffered 2 concussions from being thrown into the same doorway. Once I had to stay overnight for observation. Of course, I never told anyone how it happened.

*I will try to be more forceful with creating boundaries but I have also heard not to engage with it at all or it could become more violent. Lastly, it's harder than I expected to find someone to help that doesn't sound like a quak or scammer. I mentioned that I 'm not overly religious but maybe there is someone (short of an exorcism) who could help cleanse me. (?)

Again, thanks for taking the time for your feedback.

HS

View PostNightWalker07, on 02 October 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing the pic, HauntedSkeptic, and I'm sorry to here about your PTSD complication.  I know plenty of people with the same illness and I know it is not easy to live with.

Concerning the pic... It looks to me like a wispy white cat tail that was wagging at the time the picture was taken.  Does your friend own a cat?

View PostNightWalker07, on 02 October 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Lol, nope . That was my house. Maybe the thumb nail is too small to see the face. Thank you for looking, though

#17 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:24 PM

Here's my door after it swung open.

View PostHauntedSkeptic, on 02 October 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

whoopsie- apparently it's too large too attach.
Just imagine a mangled door hanging by one bottom hinge. :)

#18 HauntedSkeptic

HauntedSkeptic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

In the back left , if you zoom in the photo, there is an area with a light and what seems appear as "smoke" coming out of what is the kitchen sink. Now that I think about it, there has been a lot of strange things regarding water. (Shower turns on by itself, toilets flush, and I would find random puddles of water almost every day around my house. (Def not dog pee) I actuly never connected all that unt right now. Coincidence or can plumbing/water be a conduit, as strange as that sounds ?

#19 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:14 AM

View PostHauntedSkeptic, on 02 October 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

whoopsie- apparently it's too large too attach.
Just imagine a mangled door hanging by one bottom hinge. :)

http://photobucket.com/

Honestly go to photobucket (PB) and join; other wise to add pics you will need to remove others pics. Once the pics are up loaded to PB there are links to add to forums. Or you you can simply open it into a larger pic by left clicking the picture (you will see the usual open in new tab) and from there you are able to left click again and copy and paste right into the forum.

By the way; WOW that is a very interesting photo- unfortunately I don't know anything about pics other then point and click. I was going to ask other than the bedroom door do you feel as you are personally threatened; but you answered my question with your post

I too have suffered from PTSD and panic attacks from a personal attack and this was something that helped me big time. I was told not to think as myself as a victim but as a survivor. That little sentence help so much but I can't imagine being held and abused; that alone says you are very strong person. I hope you will find some help and advice here; good luck and all the best.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users