• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

Hi, I can recall hearing/seeing things since childhood. An  example would be hearing many whispering voices calling my name almost every time I was out playing in my sandbox. Or awaking to a giant grey/white wolf looking in my window that my mom couldn't see.
The reason I'm posting is due to an experience a few days ago...My husband and myself decided around 8:30 pm to let our dogs out back to use the potty. There is a small shed (with lots of overhanging tree branches) to the left about halfway back in the yard near the fence separating our yard and the neighbors.
I was standing off our deck looking out towards the shed, my husband was approaching to hug me. As soon as he put his arms around me I saw a grey creature, it was coming out of the trees onto the roof of this building. Its front half all the way to the back hips we're on the building the rest was a blur in the tree branches... It was crawling like on all fours like a dog or cat. The way its long arms we're bent gives me chills, I don't really know how to explain.
Any ideas? Real or my imagination?
So many things happen here and have for the 12 years we have been here. Sometimes more scary than others.
Everyone who has stayed has a story.
There is a lot of background and experiences to share. I just wanted a few opinions on what I saw earlier this week.
Thanks guys for your time!

#2 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

Hi, just wondering, when you say that "the way it's long arms we're bent gives me the chills", is that because the creature's limbs looked like they were bent backwards (or had an extra bend in them)?

As for seeing a giant wolf looking in your window, know that canine cryptids are often reported doing this. They're also known to climb in trees and on people's roofs.

You may wanna look into what natives call 'Nashoba Chitto' or other people refer to as 'Dogmen'.

#3 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

I saw it for only a few seconds but something was off they were really long and bent odd at the elbows. Hope that makes sense.
It's odd you said Native American. My neighbors to the right had shadows, sounds etc so they called a paranormal group in. They told them they had a shaman spirit protecting them and it lived in one of their trees so they made a mini alter at the base with a candle.
We briefly spoke with the lady they called a medium. She didn't say much as they were trying to get us to let them in to investigate. She did mention a hell hound, something bad that we should be wary of, and that after holding my hand she felt I was also sensitive and that could be another issue.
Not sure what to think of all of that honestly.

#4 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:25 PM

I've heard people use 'hell hound' before too. Names kinda depend on a person's cultural reference.

Native Americans generally won't say too much concerning these sorts of subjects since they believe doing so draws unwanted attention. When asked, if they respond with more than a look, they'll usually just advise people to pay no heed to what they saw (and to leave the area if someone sees such a creature while out hunting etc, though I think people pretty much tend to do that anyway haha).

You say the creature on the roof had long arms. Does that mean you saw hands? (as opposed to say paws or hooves)

What did the head look like?

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:46 PM

Here's a link to another topic here on the forums from October of last year...concerning a Wolf/dog creature.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:17 AM

It happened so fast I couldn't get a really good look. It was all of a sudden there and then gone.
It looked like it was using its elbows like feet to walk on. I couldn't see the hands or whatever they may have been.
As far as the head, I saw this thing from a side view. It was the same ash like grey color and it was more oval shaped. I'm having trouble finding the best words to describe it. I saw no features on the face no ears but again I saw it from the side.
I apologize for not having better describing words.
There is also activity in my home as well.
What are you guys thoughts on if spirits can physically touch you?

#7 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 01 May 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

... What are you guys thoughts on if spirits can physically touch you?

I assume you mean directly.

Yes, spirits can touch you. Of course not with a physical hand or body (unless they borrow someone else's). Other intelligent lifeforms can also touch you. You can control who can.

Hmm, sounds like you didn't get much of a look at whatever was on the shed. Still, in that brief moment the creature emerged from the trees...

In comparison to yourself, how large would you guess it was?
Was it heavily built or fairly lean?
As you saw it's head from the side, did it appear to have a snout or muzzle, or did it have more of a flat face?
Could you see any fur?

#8 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

It was larger than my 90 pound dog if I put him up there somehow. The back legs and back haunch was still a blur in the tree branches but it's middle or abdomen was clear kinda put me in mind of a big cat mixed with human a little. It was just so fast of a glimpse. It was lean but large.

No face features just a head. No snout or anything. It was like if you could grab your head from the very top and pull up kinda like a cone head but not exactly.

My husband is a reluctant believer but he too says he saw something similar months ago but what he saw was standing like a human but was really tall with long arms and legs. He believes it appeared to have a top hat on.

Several months ago I was laying back to fall asleep my dogs barked. I sat up I saw like a bat shape fly at my head I swatted at it to defend myself.. but it disappeared..I thought I'm losing it.... I laid back again, a few seconds later again a dog bark.. I opened up my eyes while laying on my back I saw like floating white grey colored wispy like smoke flowing in like a line accross the bed, then it was gone.
My husband is a heavy sleeper I can't wake him easily and I knew he would dismiss it anyway, so I said sat up a few minutes and watched in the darkness.
I again laid back left leg was on the edge of the bed out of the cover. A minute or so goes by then all of a sudden I felt a hand grab around my left ankle hold it a few seconds and then shook my leg 3 times.
I've never had strange sleep experiences no issues around sleep. I've read about sleep conditions but nothing fits my 1 time experience.
I guess I'm wondering should I be worried?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to questions!

#9 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

Kind of cone-shaped, no snout or muzzle, and no visible ears... that's not the profile of a canine head.

Sasquatch though are sometimes described as being sorta coneheaded. In some regions they're actually reported as being significantly smaller and all-around much leaner/lankier than the 7-10ft blocky giants reported in other areas (the kind most people think of). They're also seen moving in odd and unsettling ways at times and known to take to the trees too. Grey fur is uncommon but it's not unheard of.

You know, if what you saw was kinda 'featureless' itself (not just appearing so because you didn't have time to notice more detail), then combined with strangely-bent arms and movement, that reminds me of some descriptions of 'skinwalkers' I've heard (which can be any weird mix of animal/human, and often appear to be almost 'put together wrong' in a disjointed or unnatural way). Basically, they're often purposefully freaky-looking.

When you start to venture into categories of creatures that can appear as they wish, what someone sees can be pretty deceiving. Your mind can also visually interpret things that don't make sense to it in some pretty unique ways too.

#10 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 02 May 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

My husband is a reluctant believer but he too says he saw something similar months ago but what he saw was standing like a human but was really tall with long arms and legs. He believes it appeared to have a top hat on.

tall dark figures that look to be wearing top hats is actually a thing (could what your husband have seen just had an elongated head though?).

I've heard a handful of stories where someone saw what looked like a tall figure by the side of the road in a top hat. In a couple of cases, as the person approached it / drove by, the figure was reported to have an eerily large grin (almost of cartoonish proportions).

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 02 May 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

... I guess I'm wondering should I be worried?

Nah, worrying is never helpful. Just be aware of yourself and your surroundings. If you feel fine and you and your husband's lives aren't being negatively effected by any odd experiences than these are non-issues at the moment.

Are your dogs inside or outside at night? Seems they were aware of something the night you saw the 'bat' shape, wispy smoke, and felt a hand on your ankle.

Are there woods beside your property? Personally, if you're hearing voices from the woods and noticing odd creatures in your yard, you might not wanna go for walks in the woods alone. Just saying.

Is there any other strange stuff occurring on your property and in the neighborhood? People hearing strange calls? Pets being killed or going missing? People seeing shadows/figures outside their windows or in their yards etc? (I'm guessing this is what the people next door saw, unless you meant they were seeing shadows inside their home)

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:17 PM

True North... we're all learning from your wisdom, thank you so much!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#12 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:04 AM

I saw a shadowy "bird" fly at me through a wall back in my last year of secondary school in 2009, my friend saw it too. I've also seen the "hat man",who threw a picture frame at me, back in 2006 in my house. I would note all sightings as some of these entities can be malevolent. These weird animal sightings are fascinating me, they sound like cryptids. Cryptids are often seen in areas with high paranormal activity, I think they're all connected somehow.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

Same here PITleader. I think there well may be a connection between ghostly activity, cryptids and UFOs
Posted Image

#14 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

The face my husband saw was also featureless and also had a elongated head. Kinda like a huge egg but a little thinner.

The dogs are inside and sleep on beds in the bedroom floor one chihuahua mix sleeps on the bed. They go out to potty and play.
I'm convinced they see and hear because usually when we hear a sound or voice (it's usually like a moaning growl sound) they instantly react. Also when we see shadows either on the walls or small dark shapes dart accross the floor.

It is a little wooded in our neighborhood I definitely wouldn't go wondering alone. Our neighborhood has a bad vibe and many neighbors claim paranormal activity inside and outside. No one's as severe as what happens here. At least from the accounts they've shared.

The shadows are inside and out. We can have company over and in the evening's occasionally they see the dark human silouette outside our 2 front windows.
The neighbors was inside and out.
We have gotten evps in the past and spirit box replies most weren't nice.
I ask what's your name we hear Malfric or something like it. Any ideas this was spirt box response?
Occasionally it's frightening other times not.
No missing animals I'm aware of.

PIT leader  It's amazing when people  share a similar experience. It's so hard to believe these things are real!

Thanks again

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostTrue North, on 02 May 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

Kind of cone-shaped, no snout or muzzle, and no visible ears... that's not the profile of a canine head.

Sasquatch though are sometimes described as being sorta coneheaded. In some regions they're actually reported as being significantly smaller and all-around much leaner/lankier than the 7-10ft blocky giants reported in other areas (the kind most people think of). They're also seen moving in odd and unsettling ways at times and known to take to the trees too. Grey fur is uncommon but it's not unheard of.

You know, if what you saw was kinda 'featureless' itself (not just appearing so because you didn't have time to notice more detail), then combined with strangely-bent arms and movement, that reminds me of some descriptions of 'skinwalkers' I've heard (which can be any weird mix of animal/human, and often appear to be almost 'put together wrong' in a disjointed or unnatural way). Basically, they're often purposefully freaky-looking.

When you start to venture into categories of creatures that can appear as they wish, what someone sees can be pretty deceiving. Your mind can also visually interpret things that don't make sense to it in some pretty unique ways too.

I've seen something similar. One night, when I was a child, I felt a presence outside my window. On the other side of my driveway, there was a woodpile, which I could see from my window. Sitting on top of it was a huge, whitish-colored apparition. It had glowing red eyes, was very skinny, had long limbs and large/long hands and feet. It was staring in at me. After what seemed forever to me, I was able to tear my gaze away from it, I hid under the covers until morning.

Basil Johnston (Canadian Ojibwe teacher and scholar) describes a wendigo:

The Wendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Wendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Wendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.

The Wampanoag people call similar creatures Wendigo.The Ojibwa spelling is Windigo. Here's an article from Ghosts of the Prairie: THE WENDIGO: The North Woods of Minnesota

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 03 May 2016 - 02:16 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

Similar to the Wampanoag's Pukwudgie

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Did it look something like the Dover Demon? I know DD was small in stature, but other than size it sounds similar.

Original spotter's drawing: Posted Image

The Dover Demon by aquilianranger

: Posted Image

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostCDS, on 03 May 2016 - 02:24 PM, said:

Similar to the Wampanoag's Pukwudgie

Though the skin color is right, Pukwudgies have large/bulbous noses, the creature that MuttleyCrew14 described, doesn't have that.

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

That shape is about correct. But I only saw like the side profile and I'm sure if it had been visible longer maybe I would have better description.
The midsection not as much, it seemed  kinda large cat like shaped abdomen but skinny.

The description of the skin and bones Mac shared sounded pretty accurate.
It was like the shoulder and hip points  were contorted and the bones were poking out and the skin was tight.

It makes me feel less crazy hearing I'm not the only one to see an odd creature.
Thanks for sharing your experiences!

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

You're welcome. I know what you mean, I've seen some weird things, in my short time here on Earth. During my childhood, I've seen that creature twice. I get chills just remembering about it. The first time I saw it, I was a young child. Until my brother moved out, my sister and I shared a room. Our bedroom windows are 54 x 29-inch (137.16 x 73.66cm) and from outside the sill is about 3.5 feet (106.68cm) off the ground. It was a hazy, hot and humid summer evening. We didn't have AC back then, though it didn't help much, we had the windows open. My sister was sitting at the head of my bed reading a story. I suddenly felt freezing cold. Even though I didn't want to, I felt the need to look out the window. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were these glowing red eyes staring in at me. I tried to, but I couldn't look away. The eyes were about 2 feet (60.96cm) up from the windowsill. They were just staring at me. It felt as if it took forever, to tear my gaze away. When I managed to, I rushed to the head of the bed and told my sister to look out the window. When she finally did, the eyes were gone.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 04 May 2016 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users