• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

Wow this thread is fascinating! It seems like the cryptid explanation fits in well, but those drawings are very interesting! i haven't heard about the dover demon so I will have to look into that!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#22 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:18 AM

The grinning reminds me of Ingrid Cold,he's an entity that deserves looking up (I'd post myself but I'm off to work imminently.) He's a grinning, humanoid entity that gives off a creepy vibe and supposedly works for the Men In Black. He's been spotted throughout America over the decades.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#23 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

View PostPIT leader, on 05 May 2016 - 02:18 AM, said:

The grinning reminds me of Ingrid Cold,he's an entity that deserves looking up (I'd post myself but I'm off to work imminently.) He's a grinning, humanoid entity that gives off a creepy vibe and supposedly works for the Men In Black. He's been spotted throughout America over the decades.
Here are a few sites describing Indrid Cold.
Forteania
Ghost Theory
Cryptid Wiki
Who is or was 'Indrid Cold' ?

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#24 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for finding those links for me, fascinating reading and a curious character.

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#25 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 May 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

True North... we're all learning from your wisdom, thank you so much!

happy to share what I know (tho I assume your comment is more regarding other threads).

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 03 May 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

... The dogs are inside and sleep on beds in the bedroom floor one chihuahua mix sleeps on the bed. They go out to potty and play.
I'm convinced they see and hear because usually when we hear a sound or voice (it's usually like a moaning growl sound) they instantly react....

Are your neighbors hearing the same sounds? ('moaning growl's)

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 03 May 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

... It is a little wooded in our neighborhood I definitely wouldn't go wondering alone. Our neighborhood has a bad vibe and many neighbors claim paranormal activity inside and outside. No one's as severe as what happens here. ...

Huh sounds like everyone's seeing and hearing things.

So is there any sizable woodland bordering your neighborhood? Or close by?

#26 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

True North as far as to what our neighbors are currently experiencing we don't really know. Shortly after the paranormal group they called came in they said all was good. Unfortunately, we've had, well what I would call a falling out.

The growing moan sounds are actually in my home.
Outside has always had a weird feeling at night sometimes more than others. Although most of the activity happens inside. The activity outside is less frequent and usually different than inside.

As far as woods no real thick woods. I'm in a 1990's built neighborhood that woods were cut and cleared back in order to make the space for the neighborhood itself.
Oh and I live in North Carolina.

The activity inside my home couldn't have anything to do with that creature?

#27 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:59 AM

That's too bad you guys had a falling out, it's nice when neighbors can compare notes. Maybe things are still quiet at their place or maybe the same activity has started up all over again (or even increased compared to before).

Would you describe the growling moans you're hearing in the house as sounding more human or animal like?

What's the difference between the activity inside and outside?

Instead of only asking you about woods I should've simply asked what the surrounding area is like and if you have large patches of wilderness or farmland etc beside you. I'm just trying to get an idea of how urban or rural or wild the surrounding area is and if you're on the outskirts of town or are fenced in by other residential areas + if there's any 'greenstrips' into your neighborhood that connect to surrounding wilderness.

The likelihood of any activity inside your home being directly related to the creature you saw depends on what it was (again, looks can be deceiving sometimes). With 'standard' cryptids, they'll come into people's yard and peek in windows or scratch and bang on walls or jostle/turn doorknobs etc, but rarely ever enter someone's home. So it's usually a strictly outside thing with them.

#28 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:16 PM

It was a dumb reason unfortunately it usually is. We live in a neighborhood but only have 1 home beside ours so that's who I was referring to, not the other households on the 2 streets out neighborhood consists of.

I know simply because I can see from my backyard that they still light the candle that's placed under a tree almost nightly.

It's placed there due to the fact they were told a Native American Shamans spirit was living in that tree and protecting them from the evil they feel is on my property and some other neighborhood spirits who are not nice.
They used to do a little ritual every Wednesday. I don't pay enough attention to my neighbors affairs so I don't know if this still happens.

We allowed the paranormal team into our backyard because they ask and we wanted to be helpful to our neighbor. Unfortunately afterwards they told us very little basically that wanted to come investigate here but we didn't get a good feeling about them so we refused.
Our neighbors refused to tell us much per the teams request. It left us concerned.

The moans inside are definitely human sounds male. Heard it at least 3 or 4 times in the past few years.

Outside is mostly like knocking on doors at times that will cause the dogs to act up most. Like when I'm home alone.
We actually woke up to the backdoor open once. It double locks it's almost all glass. Even if we forgot to lock it the turn on the knob is tight, it's never opened in 12 years of being here except that one time.
Shadows, human head and shoulder shape go by our windows in the front yard. We have privacy pines like a fence so you can't see the road. Our road is a dead end.
Taps on windows.
Of course the creature looking thing I saw.

Inside It all started with a crazy loud crashing sound over our bedroom door one morning around 6 am when about to get up for work. It was after I lost my mom unexpectedly in 2004 on Easter and had been extremely angry at God and blamed him. So maybe I caused this.

Voices, voices imitating my husband, shadows, feeling watched, occasionally the feeling of something running up behind you and I get that rush of adrenaline kinda like flight or fight (one time when I was coming up the hall I felt that then I saw a flash of a picture of a black blob like thing with 3 sharp like curved blades off one of the hands and it was reaching that claw hand toward me). Am I crazy?
We've been touched occasionally posibility scratched.
We have saw shadows and gotten emf spikes right where we saw it. Once my husband was getting a spike where we heard the moan when all of a sudden I saw a black flattened basketball shape thing go up into the ceiling. As i told him what I was seeing the spike disappeared and so did the emf spike.
Much much more has happened.

I'm in NC we have areas of woods large enough for deer hunting and lots of areas with cattle and hourses.
It's getting built up fast woods disappearing.
We are outside city limits and it's small cities. The largest that's close is Charlotte and that's 50 minutes away.

Thank you again, I've been busy sorry I was slow to respond.

#29 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

Just curious about the back door was open in the morning.  You have a standard door knob and deadbolt?  Does the deadbolt need a key on both sides?

I wish y'all the best and hope this can be figured out and somehow find closure.  The fact you are in NC, I am not sure that the age of the house matters that much.  I bet there is LOTS of history in your area back to the civil war.  Have you ever tried to research your area for any significant battles, hospitals or camps that may have exited there way back when?
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#30 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

The door looks strange bc it looks like it coulda been made into 2 opening doors but then they decided to only put one. So there is a area to the left thats just almost a full ground to ceiling window.

The door has 2 locks. The bottom lock is a standard twist knob with a key to open it from the outside.
The top lock is like a deadbolt but it can only be locked or unlocked from inside. No access for a key just a turn knob usable inside only.

I've looked quite a bit unsuccessfully into the history of my area. I do know Catawba Indians probably were here and the Cherokee were to our north.

I've had experiences in several different places I've lived since childhood. I've ghost hunt as a teenager and played ouija. Not as an adult and not in my current home. We occasionally use evolution or spirit box in effort to find out what's here.
I know it won't happen but I'd love to speak to my mom again.

#31 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 13 May 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

It was a dumb reason unfortunately it usually is.

yup usually is haha

This is making a lot of sense so far. I'd say your intuition is serving you well; you're laying out the broadstrokes of what's happening pretty well and already identifying some key moments/components (a period of intense anger corresponding to when inside activity began, the character of or level of activity outside at periods you're home alone, etc).

got a lot to add that should provide some context to some of the stuff you're describing, don't know where to start actually. At this time I guess you're just looking to try and paint a clearer picture for yourself of what's occurring right?

Edited by True North, 14 May 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#32 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:02 PM

With the location you describe and you guys being the last house at the end of the street (with only the one house close by) you'd tend to get more activity than other people in your neighborhood, even without you being 'sensitive'. Being so you already will attract attention, and if you're say super angry or enraged you'll really be 'broadcasting' / showing up on 'the radar' so to speak, and certainly not attracting to yourself what you want to be. It's good to be mindful of yourself and the energy you're giving off - to be in control of and 'owning' your personal space (the energetic field of your body). Ha reminds me I should stop skipping my meditation practice and be taking my own advice here.

While some outdoor stuff may have pretty common explanations, what you report all together (+ the fact others are reporting seeing shadows/figures/etc outside their windows too) makes it clear you've got company out there. No matter who's about the place (even plain ol' human trespassers, which I don't think is the case) they'd pretty much all see more opportunity to do as they wish when the man of the house isn't around. Couples seem to regularly report their outdoor activity increases or changes when it's just the female home versus the two of them or just the male. I think it's good that you have your dogs inside with you.

Intentions behind this sort of activity can run the gambit from simple curiosity and just poking around, to being meddlesome and wanting to get your attention or bother or frighten you, to luring someone outside for who knows what purpose. It seems that if this sort of activity escalates it usually does so incrementally, like someone is constantly testing the waters and gradually becoming more daring. Installing exterior lights around your place can potentially make a significant difference if you're looking for things to be a little quieter (I'm assuming most of this activity is at night), though it doesn't sound like this stuff is troubling you that much or happening a ton. Also, simply closing your blinds or curtains (if you have them open at night) might make a difference too.

When it comes to 'shadows' and dark blobs and forms inside and outside, obviously there's actual shadows you see that are cast by something blocking a light source, and there are 'shadow's you see that are tangible figures but due to low lighting/visibility you can't see any detail. There are also 'shadows' people see which are lifeforms without a physical body (and this is as much of a form as they have), and 'shadows'/dark masses people see as such because this is how something is choosing to appear or because someone is sensitive enough to perceive something (perceiving something with their mind's eye) but they're still unable to see the true form of... almost like the mind is translating what's there as darkness in an iconic representation of it's nature, or as the rendering of 'zero visual' or 'error' or something. It might not even appear as a dark mass uniformly, sections could be seen by someone (or revealed to them) like appendages.

btw what did you mean by a loud 'crashing' above the door (can you describe 'crashing')? Did it sound like it came from inside the room? Or did it sound like it came from the attic or roof above?

#33 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

And oh just wanna say that I'm not trying to be spooky or anything with the above post, just sharing :)

Obviously if you or anyone else reading this thread notes some clawed hand slowly reaching towards them, well, you know what the intention is - to frighten you and get that fear reaction, get 'a hit' of that energy. Don't be concerned with that which is trying to frighten you. Sure, if you don't like the vibe round your place and are getting scratched and stuff etc, you might wanna address that at some time, but don't allow anything to scare you... doesn't sound like it is anyway.

#34 MuttleyCrew14

MuttleyCrew14

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:48 AM

A little off topic of the creature. I was curious if a sensitive could give a bit of insight into something I experienced the other night?

My husband and myself were watching something on his computer in the living room as usual. The time was before midnight but after 10 pm. I got up from my seat to go to kitchen to get a soda. I made it 2 to 3 steps and I felt like this energy hit my chest front then back. It was significant enough to cause me to instantly bend down at the waist. As that was happening my sight went black then I saw like a old black and white still photo of someone in a casket. As i was seeing the picture that terrible stomach drop feeling that instant dread. That something terrible had happened.

I have no one to ask. I'm not sure if my husband thinks I'm crazy or what but we argue about the activity and that he doesn't have as many experiences.

#35 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

Someone who can control what enters their field wouldn't get interrupted in this fashion (if they don't allow it, and in general I imagine most people prefer to not be bothered while relaxing and enjoying a movie or their favorite show etc).

With many deaths, there's associated trauma concerning the death event itself and/or events surrounding it.

Be careful of giving everything that comes up your attention or of having a desire to help or 'to do something' about all issues you're made aware of. You may wish to be selective about that which you give your focus, otherwise you can allow yourself to be distracted by everything you pick up on. To put this in a non paranormal perspective, someone could choose to pay attention to all the local or national headlines and stories from various news sources, and they could concern themselves with each one of these. But, do they really want to do that? If they reflect on their own goals and that which they wish to accomplish with their time, maybe they'd feel that only a couple of these stories directly concerns them or are worth involving themselves with. Who knows, maybe they wouldn't even care to involve themselves with any (or they wish to professionally get involved with as many as they are capable of providing assistance with / is healthy for them).

All depends on the person and what their goals are.

Edited by True North, 18 May 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#36 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 05 May 2016 - 02:18 AM, said:

Is it me, or does Ingrid Cold (The Grinning Man) lok a bit like Ryuk?

Posted Image

Ingrid Cold

Posted Image

Ryuk

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 04 October 2017 - 02:27 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#37 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

INDRID Cold! ;)

https://northatlanti...e-grinning-man/

He actually is part of the Mothman lore

http://weekinweird.c...an-called-cold/

I had heard about Cold when reading John Keel's book the Mothman Prophecies. It sounds like there actually was someone with that name (or using that name)
Posted Image

#38 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:15 AM

I've been calling him Ingrid for so long haha and yeah, there is a resemblance to Ryuk  ^^

He inspired characters in Buffy too.

Edited by PIT leader, 05 October 2017 - 07:15 AM.

#39 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostMuttleyCrew14, on 30 April 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

Hi, I can recall hearing/seeing things since childhood. An  example would be hearing many whispering voices calling my name almost every time I was out playing in my sandbox. Or awaking to a giant grey/white wolf looking in my window that my mom couldn't see.
The reason I'm posting is due to an experience a few days ago...My husband and myself decided around 8:30 pm to let our dogs out back to use the potty. There is a small shed (with lots of overhanging tree branches) to the left about halfway back in the yard near the fence separating our yard and the neighbors.
I was standing off our deck looking out towards the shed, my husband was approaching to hug me. As soon as he put his arms around me I saw a grey creature, it was coming out of the trees onto the roof of this building. Its front half all the way to the back hips we're on the building the rest was a blur in the tree branches... It was crawling like on all fours like a dog or cat. The way its long arms we're bent gives me chills, I don't really know how to explain.
Any ideas? Real or my imagination?
So many things happen here and have for the 12 years we have been here. Sometimes more scary than others.
Everyone who has stayed has a story.
There is a lot of background and experiences to share. I just wanted a few opinions on what I saw earlier this week.
Thanks guys for your time!
Years ago when I lived in Arizona I would see a creature like you described lurking in the desert behind my house, and it once looked in my bedroom window, it was truly terrifying. The wolf or dog looking in your window sounds a bit like the dog man sightings in and around Wisconsin.

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 04 October 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Is it me, or does Ingrid Cold (The Grinning Man) lok a bit like Ryuk?

Posted Image

Ingrid Cold

Posted Image

Ryuk
I used to see the grinning man on the edge of my bed during sleep paralysis, often accompanied by shadow figures.

#40 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for sharing JWC, to me the images in your post are very consistent with that succubus image that people describe in sleep paralysis experiences so it doesn't surprise me that you've seen something along these lines too if you suffer from sleep paralysis.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users