73 replies to this topic

#1 Kriak

Kriak

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

Condensed version:
Been seeing things all my life, here lately it's taken a bit more sinister of a turn.  A shadow man has been following me around.  Things being thrown, growls being heard, cat freaking out and refusing to enter certain parts of the house.  Lately my nephew has been looking at his closet and crying hysterically.  One night when I walked in to check on him he smiled at seeing me, then looked behind me and started screaming at the top of his lungs.  Shortly thereafter I had a vivid dream where I was in his room and the shadow man came out of his closet and attacked us.  It had me by the throat then my mom, who died in 2013, came from behind me, pushing him away.  I woke up from that terrified.  It was calm for a few days after that.  One night when I walked past my nephews room to check on him I looked in and briefly saw a glowing or very bright white figure by his crib.  He was giggling and laughing, then it vanished.  Last night when I went downstairs(bedroom is in basement) I shut my bedroom door, shortly after doing so I heard something thumping outside and scraping sounds on the door.  My cat was on my bed staring intently at the door.  It stopped after awhile and since then has been quiet.

Here's the full story from my first topic. Click Here

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:12 PM

Do you have any supportive evidence or have others witnessed any of these events at the same time as you?

Funny how much of this activity seems to completely stop when you try to record it :)

Edited by EVP, 20 May 2016 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#3 Kriak

Kriak

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

I've nothing to record it with.  My stepsister used to be in the room my nephew is currently in.  Before she moved out she would tell me about the scratching and whispering she heard from there.  She would also have electronics turn on in the night and have items moved around or just plain vanish.  The full story has experiences from my cousin and coworkers.  My cousin's experience was in my house as well.

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

It the last topic you did mention it was starting to follow you around now. Can you elaborate on that? How often and what gives it away? Have you seen it?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 Kriak

Kriak

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

It seems to be the same figure from when I worked at the warehouse in my long story along with appearing at the mall.  Then it showed up in my basement, then the garage, then my nephews room.  I've also heard something walking behind me down the stairs(doesn't sound like normal settling) and walking around in the basement.  That's why I feel like it's stalking me now.

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

I do hope someone can help you.

Edited by EVP, 20 May 2016 - 11:04 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

I guess I have some questions for you... but first of all, I want to say that CATS are a great detector of shadow ghosts & entities. Everyone that lives in a haunted house with shadow ghosts/entities should have a cat or get one! :)  I understand they see other types of supernatural types as well... but with shadow entities, they win the prize! Especially mature cats.

I finally dedicated the time to read your complete write-up/history with the haunting and particularly the shadow guy. Fascinating read... Click Here Read that

Here's the basic questions and then we can dive into the more focused questions after that.
Forgive me if some of these might have been brought up in your write-up.

1. How may people live in your home? And who are they? We know your mom passed a few years ago. And I'm so sorry. But according to your dream, she's protecting you.
2. Why is your room in the basement? I mean, in a haunted house, it's usually the last place anyone wants to be.  :wacko:
3. And you are sensitive to ghosts and the supernatural, right?
4. And just so everyone knows, you are a night time security officer?
5. Are you a female? In your twenty's?  |---You don't have to answer that.---|

I guess that's it for now... the tough questions will come soon enough... and then we seek forum participation.   ;)
Posted Image

#8 Kriak

Kriak

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

1. 4 of us, 5 if you include my kitty.  My dad, my sister and her son, and myself.  My mom died in my parents bedroom from the effects of cancer in 2013 and we've noticed odd little things from that.  Mostly my dad's stuff getting put in weird places like my mom used to do to mess with him.

2.  The basement, shockingly enough, is the least active room of the house.  My old bedroom I would always hear someone walking around IN the room when I was trying to sleep at night.  Had my name called a few times there.  When I was younger, maybe 12-13, I woke up to find what looked like a dark headless man standing over my bed.  I still don't think I've ever moved quite that fast.

3.  Seems to be.  Every place I've been to that's had that type of activity something will let me know it's there.  Interesting at times, creepy at others.

4. Mostly evenings now, though I do pick up the midnight shifts occasionally to help out.

5.  Yuppers, 27 actually.  Will be 28 soon.

#9 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

Dear Kriak:

Late twenties is young...still, it is a struggle to get your feet under you when one is "sensitive to their environment".   Gaining confidence in one's strengths is a difficult undertaking because mostly people think you are crazy or missing something in your reasoning abilities.  Not here for the most part.  

And then you have people who come on for fun and challenge your reasoning abilities.   What's going on in your life doesn't seem that far fetched to me.   A lot of it smacks of familiarity.   Other parts of it smack of running things together.  Please know that it isn't necessary here.

Learn to question yourself, because if you don't someone else is going to.

Never make it a practice to read anything into your encounters.  Your best bet is to acknowledge your encounter.   You don't have to speak to it but you do have to acknowledge it.   If you don't you will gain nothing from it.   You won't be able to develop a "common sense" about such things. You are so going to need that.

So, be courageous and gather yourself up and give your next encounter the "I see you there....and" look without being challenging about it (minding your manners comes to mind) and see what happens.

It's also very important to ask yourself what you want to get out of your ability.   It really is.  Hone your craft (sharpen your senses, learn to depend upon them)

You don't need us to tell you what's going on in your life, because deep down, you are beginning to develop a rather uncomfortable feeling about how things really are.

From one sensitive to another, it ain't easy.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

I think the bright white figure by the crib was either an angel or your mom. Therefore, I think your nephew is being protected. And I suspect you were meant to see that. Do you get that same feeling at all?

More questions... but no worries, I don't need a lot of detail at this point.

1. Have dad and sis experienced much of anything in the house?
2. Have you noticed scratches any where on your body regularly... or do you have frequent nightmares?
3. Would you be willing to stare down the entity if it appears to you again? Not sure if I would want you to do that at this point, but wondering how you would feel about it. An entity/shadow ghost is not supposed to appear to people and it should flee quickly if it's being studied. So we can talk more about that. And those here on the forum can add their thoughts as well.
4. Do you think you might be into any habits or practices that might attract something like this? I know it most likely followed you home from work. But I'm wondering why exactly.
5. I have something experimental that we could try. I will PM you with that information if you're interested. I would mention it here but I would be laughed right off the forums. :)

I would now hope for forum participation in helping Kriak to deal with this "shadow entity." (My preferred label "entity" ).
Members...your thoughts, counsel and experience would be appreciated. Nothing would seem silly at this point and time.

Kriak, after you respond to the questions we can move forward... I will have two tougher questions and that will be it for awhile. ;)
Posted Image

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Hello Kriak!

I hope what you are experiencing is just a short-term thing...  And that dream you are describing with the shadow man in it is very terrifying, to say the least.  Have you had any dreams like that since then, or was it a one-time thing?

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Menet... you're a jewel..!
I'm glad you're participating... great counsel by the way!
Posted Image

#13 Kriak

Kriak

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

1. Dad doesn't believe in spirits so he plays anything off that might happen.  My sister hasn't said anything although my stepsister mentioned a few things she had experienced when she was there.

2. No scratches that I have noticed.  Nightmares, other than the one where he came out of the closet, not really.  My dreams have been stranger lately but that may not be connected.

3.  Oh bring it on.  I would be more than willing to try staring it down.  I'd even love to chase it out of the house but that would likely not work and just irritate it.

4.  None that I can think of.  I've always been interested in the paranormal, but doing anything to bring stuff out?  Hell no to the no no no.  My motto is "Don't mess with the dead or the dark things."

5. Ok.

Nightwalker,  I had a dream just last night that I was again back in my nephews room.  His closet door started to come open and I body-slammed it shut, pushing against it with everything I had.  I actually don't know what would have happened if it had gone on longer as my dad accidentally woke me up during it.  XD There was a big ol' sign on the door saying "BE VERY CAREFUL OPENING THIS DOOR!"  Never had a sign(literally a sign lol) like that before.  That wasn't really a scary dream.  I do note that I have been wore out today, not sure if it's connected.  As to the short-term thing, the first time I saw it at that first warehouse was.....about 2010-2011.  -.-

#14 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

View PostKriak, on 21 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

3.  Oh bring it on.  I would be more than willing to try staring it down.  I'd even love to chase it out of the house but that would likely not work and just irritate it.

There now, you do have some "common sense" about you.   Acknowledging anything that confronts you isn't being rude.  Who said anything about chasing it out of the house?   See what I mean about "common sense".   But you do have the right to pay attention and learn from your encounters. You can't learn anything about yourself if you don't place yourself in a position to do so.   Anything extra is just icing on the cake.

4.  None that I can think of.  I've always been interested in the paranormal, but doing anything to bring stuff out?  Hell no to the no no no.  My motto is "Don't mess with the dead or the dark things."

You won't have to do anything to bring "stuff" out.  It's just going to happen.  You won't have any control over it and that does seem to be the case when reading what you've written.  When you grow tired of being blindsided, when your anger exhausts you, when your fear immobilizes you, you will actively search for alternative ways of dealing with what happens to you or risk looking like hell and babbling like a lunatic.    Not a very pretty picture, and it doesn't work.

Cheer up.  Once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine.   Get your feet under you.

I'm sorry if I have hurt your feelings in anyway.   That's not my intention.   I'm older and have been around the block several times.   You can fight your circumstances all that you want to, it isn't going to help you.   And your well being is what is important here.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:22 AM

1) okay, that's usually the case... they mainly pick on only one or two people for the most part. Well, unless it decides to wreak terror on the household. To much attention makes it nervous. When that happens the occupants pull their resources to rid themselves of it as quickly as possible. It can't have that.

2) Okay no nightmares and no scratches... that's good! I'm still thinking the dream may have been more that just a dream.

3) Bring it on? :)  .....Okay then... how about if it shows itself again, you stare it down. You can't show fear. Study it and appear as if you're studying it! At that point, you'll know too much (in a good way) and it may flee forever. It's breaking a law by allowing you to see it too clearly.

4) Okay then, you're sure then that you don't have any habits or practices that might have attracted it.... very good!

5) I will sent you a PM with the experiment idea I was talking to you about and you can let me know if you want to try it. ;)  

That's it for now.
Posted Image

#16 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:42 AM

[deleted]

Edited by True North, 23 October 2016 - 10:40 AM.

#17 Kriak

Kriak

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

Fairly quiet night, knocking sounds on my door that I investigated.  Didn't find anything.  Will try to get a camera soon for pictures, see if I can catch anything.

#18 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

View PostKriak, on 23 May 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

Fairly quiet night, knocking sounds on my door that I investigated.  Didn't find anything.  Will try to get a camera soon for pictures, see if I can catch anything.

Okay... sounds good, Kriak!

I sent you a PM with the experiment. Let me know your thoughts. But please don't post about it on the forums. I'm only sharing it with a select few at this point. The details of it might actually be posted in a book I am writing.
Posted Image

#19 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

[deleted]

Edited by True North, 23 October 2016 - 10:40 AM.

#20 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

I didn't respond, True North because I'm not going to argue on the forums about it.
I actually have a list of these laws. And you are also welcome to believe what you wish.
If you want to know more, read my book when it comes out.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users