Is This A Haunting?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 greytruthseeker

greytruthseeker

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:music, books, loving animals, etc...

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

I need to know if the signs below are of a haunting or just my overactive imagination?

1. The lights keep flickering, even when there is no power (power outage) or when they are turned off.
2. Two of my family members heard hushed whispers when there was no one in the room.
3. Recurring nightmares. Full of anguish.
4. Things break.
5. Heard a switch being turned off and on, in the middle of the night, quite a few times.
6. There are days of peace and bliss and then something triggers awful fights between us siblings over trivial things
7. Feel a lot of despair.
8. Whilst sleeping, hear a loud voice, like someone calling my name and when I come to there is no one there.
9. Once I heard someone calling me while I was awake, but everyone was sleeping.
10.One day my parrot saw something and she was spooked for quite a while.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

I don't have much time right now but yes, these could be signs of a haunting.

Some members will come on in ask about your mental and physical health. So feel free to respond to that as we begin figuring this out.

How old are you?

How long has this been going on?

How many in the family are having the nightmares or is it just you?
~
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Sounds like something is going on.

I like to mention that you don't have to answer any questions that make you feel uncomfortable.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#4 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

Could it be your parrot calling your names?

Maybe bad wiring.

Bad dreams can happen any time, the same as arguing with family.

I'm not saying it's not a haunting, but always look for the logical first.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

Haunting is possible :yes: BUT lights flickering during an outage is common {Brown Out}, tempers flaring and nightmares are also common during hot weather.

Your location says "Karachi" are you located in Pakistan? Because I would expect there to be a fair amount of tension/despair based on media events.

Things like hearing "hushed whispers" can have a number of simple explanations, and hearing ones name being called just before waking is also not uncommon :no:

None of this is to say it's not a haunting ... just keep an open mind, it's entirely possible that you are simply experiencing a confluence of odd events :yes: That said, if you have a smartphone you may want to experiment with an EMF app {get a frree one because those are more than good enough} especially during power outages. It's especially good to check the area where the murmurs were heard, where you were when you heard your name called and the power switch if you can narrow that down :yes:

I would also recommend doing EVPs if you are comfortable with doing them BUT most pf the other people here will likely recommend caution and not talking with or inviting/encouraging any entities.

Last thing, when you heard your name called did it remind you of anyone ... living or not?
- siguie -

#6 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Do you live near a power station? Does your house have gas lines? Both of these can cause some of the problems you're describing.

Please keep in mind that the first thing we do here is try to eliminate natural possibilities before jumping to supernatural possibilities. What you have described definitely sounds like something is going on.

Has any of these happened to the rest of your family? Usually hauntings don't focus only on one person.

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

Okay... I guess you guys have this covered.  :huh:
Best of luck to you, GreyTruthSeeker.
Posted Image

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

Hello and  Posted Image to the boards

Some good information from our members :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:36 AM

greytruthseeker.... even though others are stepping forward to help.... I would still like to have my questions answered if you can.  :)
Posted Image

#10 greytruthseeker

greytruthseeker

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

To answer your questions:

I am 35 years old and healthy. This has been going on for about quite a few months, but the hushed whispers things is recent, which happened to my mom and my brother in the same room, but at different occasions.

Also, my sibling is having nightmares and has heard the shouts too.The shouts resemble a human’s shout, not a parrot's. I know my parrot's voice. That wasn't it. Anyway the shouts resembled my sibling’s, but they were sleeping and I checked.

Thank you Jim and all you guys for your feedback and help. I really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Sarah

#11 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

I'm glad you are healthy. Parrots are funny creatures, I use to have one, they talk nonstop, so you would honestly know if it is the bird or not.

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 11 July 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

I'm glad you are healthy. Parrots are funny creatures, I use to have one, they talk nonstop, so you would honestly know if it is the bird or not.

I agree.... I had a parrot for half my life and yes, I'm sure you would know the difference.
Posted Image

#13 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Lol, mine would growl in a deep voice when she tried to mimic my dad, and talk high and squeaky when she tried to mimic me. She would also sing "Surfin Bird" and quote The Simpsons.

#14 greytruthseeker

greytruthseeker

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

Thanks:) And I am pretty positive it wasn't my parrot :) honest!

Also, one thing I should probably tell you guys is that,a person used to live with us (a relative). He was into occult stuff, like voodoo, amulets, etc. Anyway when we found out about it, we forbade him to do that. He just won't listen. So we were forced to ask him to leave. Anyway, that made him mad and now,although he doesn't live with us.He is always harassing is with this stuff. I know some of you guys may roll your eyes at that. But, we have been tolerating this for 7 years. It has gotten so worse that we have had to install security cameras in front of our apartment. And here the guy gets creative, he now has bones put in our window sill (where there is no camera). The reason we found the bones thing strange is, because we are vegans and we don't eat chicken or anything. And no animal can open the window screen right? Also, no person can put the bones there, except if he were to climb on a plastic platform underneath our window (which we see now is broken). After this bone thingy, we started hearing the hushed whispers. He also places brooms near our ventilation, window sills or blood or some red thingy near places that don't have a security camera. We daily go to the roof to sun bathe. Now he has put those bloody spots thingy near the places we sit?

So could this be causing this?

Edited by greytruthseeker, 11 July 2017 - 06:05 PM.

#15 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

That's helpful. Have you eliminated anything that might actually cause the problem like electrical hum from nearby electrical wires, gas issues in the house, neighbors that are entirely too loud, thin walls, etc?

#16 greytruthseeker

greytruthseeker

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

The walls are not thin :) And the hushed whispers were heard in the middle of the night and in the early morning, when there is really no noise in our area. How do I check the electrical hum?

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the extra information greytruthseeker, it's very helpful. How long ago did the relative leave who was into the occult stuff?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#18 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Usually electrical things come from a nearby power station. Though it can be caused by faulty switches, plugs, etc too. I'm not sure if a voltmeter will help or not. Maybe if you get a more expensive one than the one my boss has, it can tell you how strong the current is when you plug it in to sockets. My boss has one that's like a pen, if you put it in the socket and it has power it beeps. But there are ones that will give you the actual strength. You can measure switches too by taking off the electrical plate on the wall and touching it to the connectors.

If not, you might like to call in an electrician to check. You can just tell them that you are hearing a faint humming and are worried about an electrical short so it's plausible. Though that will cost more money.

If you are near an electrical station, you will likely be able to hear the hum easily. We lived a few blocks from one for years. It was loud walking or driving by but we didn't hear it consciously at the house though I imagine it was there being so close.

Electrical waves can do really funky things with the body and the brain even if they aren't actually hurting you. I've heard of them causing things like hallucinations, the sensation of whispers, and that people hair stand on end for no reason. Or at least what they feel is no reason.  It can effect your sleep, and it makes some people feel sick to their stomach.

Edited by moiraesfate, 19 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users