• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

No one else saw it :-(.   It was half full with ice and coke in a thin plastic cup.  There was a small puddle of moisture under the cup from condensation.  The guy drinking from it would slosh it around every time he would drink from the cup.  I found that annoying in making noise in a meeting and his cup would draw my eyes when he set it back down on the table.  Half way through the meeting, 4-5 seconds after he set it down...the cup slid between 1-2" forward.

The condensation on the table was not rolling in any direction (the table is level).  The only other thing I could come up with was maybe the condensation pooled under the cup had allowed the cup to slide.  It's all I could come up with rational thoughts.  No one else in the room saw it.  I talked to 3 of the people that were in the meeting afterwards.  I wish someone else in the room would have been looking at the cup!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

Posted Image Oh freaky
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

I've had that happen before, it is the moisture
Posted Image

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

IMO...I'd say it was the condensation. I've had it happen numerous times. Also even thought the table appears to be level it doesn't mean it is.

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

Yup moisture :yes: but with cheap plastic/disposable cups you can also get movement when the cup is nearly empty and placing the cup in the puddle traps some  air that buoys the cup up ever so slightly and the cup moves and rolls :yes:
- siguie -

#6 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for the feedback..  a couple coworkers were able to duplicate it.  although, it didn't move quite as much in the re-creation of the scenario.  What we determined was that once "enough" condensation had built up on the table and the cup that had a concave bottom with a flat lip around the edge.  When the cup is set back down perfectly flat, the trapped condensation and air would be just enough to allow the cup to slide.

much happier to logically figure this one out.  I hate not being able to figure stuff out / explain things...
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users