39 replies to this topic

#1 babayegah666

babayegah666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Sorry, not a strong writer.

I've had strange, unexplainable things happen to, and around me, my entire life. My husband, however, has not. And we have a 2nd baby on the way. So where I would normally be excited and intrigued by the possible haunted mirror, this time I'm not.

We've had a huge list of creepy things happen to us since the arrival of this mirror (about a year ago). It only recently began to scare my husband and I, because after a 3 month paranormal stalemate, we've suddenly begun to wake up in the night panicked and unable to breathe (not like poor air quality, but like a weight on our chests. Just last night it happened to us only minutes apart (and we even started off the night in seperate rooms because I fell asleep trying to get our son down for the night). The mirror came from a thrift store, and thats all I know about it (I know, big mistake). The frame is made of stone, and there is a small black scratch on the inside of the mirror-that wasn't there when I bought it. The mirrors not big, or creepy, or 100s of years old. But it is at the very center of all strange things happening (in the hallway, second mistake?). It has a paper backing thats slightly torn, but it doesn't look/feel as if theres something behind it.
This mostly began when my son started talking. He'd say Hi to nothing I could see,and then started telling me it was the girl. Sometimes he'd say baby girl, sometimes he'd say Morgan. Which freaked me out because we don't know any Morgans.
We've had tightly closed doors in the hallway open, the mirror itself has been crooked before, we constantly feel a presence in the bedroom and the hall bathroom, including the sound of feet shuffling down the carpet. Before the "quiet time" I mentioned, my son (around his first bday) was throwing a tantrum, and banging on the inside of his bedroom door. He hit it about 4 times very hard, when there was suddenly one huge bang on the other side of the door. He immediately stopped and rushed over to me terrified. It was only the two of us home that day. Strange things have happened outside of the hall, for example in the kitchen, like a closed cupboard openimg and then slamming shut while no one was in there. And today theres been a sweeping sound off and on (again while its just my son and I home). But the majority of problems have been around that mirror.

While I can't prove that it's haunted (or can I?) Id rather trust my gut and destroy it.

Would you say the entity is likely tied to the mirror? There have never been deaths in our house, we don't have any female relatives passed. The only thing I can think of is this mirror that has an unknown back story.
How do I get rid of it without making things worse?

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

Have you or are you into the occult?

Are you religious at all?

Don't destroy it at this point, Because if it is the mirror, destroying it will release it from the object and possibly have it come after you! Is there somewhere you can take it away from your home? Then see how things go with the mirror removed? One things for sure.... if it's the reason for the haunting, you surely don't want it in your home. And I wouldn't be taking it back to the thrift store for someone else to buy. That's bad karma and you would most like experience the effects of that. I would just get it off the property for now and see how it goes. And then, with the help of others here, we could develop a plan to remove it from your life permanently.

And meanwhile, we could explore other possibilities for the haunting.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

You could donate it to the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal and the Occult. You can contact them here: Greg Newkirk, Dana Matthews

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 babayegah666

babayegah666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for the reply Jim@GhostStudy
No meddling in the spiritual world, not religious. My husband just got off work and we talked about the creepy events of last night a little more. We realized that while this is the only strange mirror, the strange events happen where all of our mirrors are. We have 3 in the kitchen (cheapo walmart mirrors), a standard mirror in each bathroom. A mirror in the master. And the creepy one in the hall. Nothing has actually happened IN the spare bedroom or IN our sons room. Where there are no rooms. Idk if amy of this matters at all, just weird coincidences. Theres no where to take the "used" mirror, besides my parents but I'm not about to pawn it off on them lol.

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

No... please don't take it to anyone's home. It would have to be in a shed, storage room or something like that. And it needs to be off the property. And as far away as possible for this test.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be talking about it in the home.

And I'm curious... why do you have 666 in your username?
Posted Image

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

Personally, I'd think you would be fine just throwing it out. I doubt it would release anything. If there IS a spirit attached to it, it already is out and about causing mischief
Posted Image

#7 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

If an inanimate object can't be haunted (as stated in a quote on another post) then why would just getting rid of the mirror or destroying it make things worse? As Vlawde said above, IF there were something attached to it, it's out and about. I guess I don't understand.
They got it at a thrift shop, I wonder if a previous owner had any issues?
Also, how long have you lived in this home babayegah? Had anything else happened there? You did say that you've had experiences, is it possible that the introduction of the mirror is a coincidence and something is attached to YOU rather than it?

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

If you really want to get rid of it try selling it on ebay :yes: IF you just want it gone post your story and sell it for whatever covers shipping and make it "free shipping".

Items sold pretty much at cost get more credibility and people looking for haunted objects will snap it up :yes:
- siguie -

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

If there is an attachment to the mirror... and you destroy (or throw out) the mirror, then it may turn to you.
You will receive an array of answers/responses to your concerned forum post... but ultimately, you are the one that has to live with the consequences of your decision.

All I ask is that you go through a little extra trouble to ensure your safety.

As Siguie suggested... eBay will work fine because the buyer is fully aware of what he/she might be getting themselves involved in. And that fulfills any moral responsibilities on your part.

Best of luck to you!
Posted Image

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

eBay is a great way to get rid of things you don't want - there's certainly a market for haunted items! Just disclose what it is upfront as I'm sure there's some karmic revenge involved with selling something that comes with attachments and not telling people!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:02 AM

Hello and Posted Image
babayegah666

Interesting story and some good advice :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 babayegah666

babayegah666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:34 AM

Holy Hannah I got behind.

I used the same username for this site as I use for Ps4, I created it a few years ago and it kind of stuck.

I contacted the paranormal museum as MacCionoadha suggested - their site says they can have trusted locals come dispose of haunted objects for you - and I'm waiting for a reply.

Our place is new construction and has had no deaths. (Though thats not speaking anything of the land?).

I suppose its always possible "it" could be attached to me, but my son telling me its a girl named Morgan makes me think otherwise. When I was 3 I had a 6yr old friend named Max - thats all I knew. We'd play on my swingset all day long. My mom took a picture of us playing one day, and when I saw the same picture 13yrs later, there was no boy on the other side of the see-saw. The other encounter, once I suspected someone lingering in our house, I began to have dreams about him. In my dreams I got tiny pieces of information, like how he was a construction worker, dirty blonde, 50's style spit curl, and the name Lawrence. It was a long string of google searches, and I eventually found in the city archives a death record for Lawrence Carpenter - who fell off of MY roof and snapped his neck. I was too young (11) and stupid to want him to leave, and didnt know how to help him. I thought of him as my protector. I had a feeling there was more of a demonic presence in the house, and I always felt as if he was the one keeping it at bay. He'd make himself known every now and then, less often after we left that house. But he was still around once in a while for 4 years after that, and I haven't seen/heard/felt or dreamt of him since. He eventually just wasn't.

I suppose the one I'm dealing with now could be here because of me, maybe something to do with my "openess". But it does feel different somehow. Even when it leaves me gasping in the middle of the night, it still doesnt feel evil. Or dark for that matter.

I'm becoming less scared and more sad. As if this thing is becoming less mad and more sad. There wouldnt happen to be an Oprah for the after life would there? Hahaha. Theres a local ghost hunters "club" at the college, but I'm worried they're more of the "lets wee it off and record everything!" kind of group.

#13 babayegah666

babayegah666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

When I say it feels different I guess I mean to say frustrated. Max and Lawrence were particularly friendly. This one feels flat out frustrated.

#14 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

I guess I need to catch up... are we not thinking it's a mirror attachment now??  :)
Posted Image

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

i think i missed that part too.... was still thinking it was a mirror attachment

#16 babayegah666

babayegah666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

Sorry. 7m pregnant and extremely scatter brained. Tarinya's reply made me brainstorm a little harder and I was trying to explain it may not be the mirror. I do believe it is, but the fact that its already about the house makes question that. I'm sorry guys, I really don't know what I'm doing.

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

View Postbabayegah666, on 12 August 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Sorry. 7m pregnant and extremely scatter brained. Tarinya's reply made me brainstorm a little harder and I was trying to explain it may not be the mirror. I do believe it is, but the fact that its already about the house makes question that. I'm sorry guys, I really don't know what I'm doing.

It is all good :D Hope you get a reply back from the group MacC suggested :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the clarification!

Just out of interest, are you experiencing more now that you're pregnant?

I've heard that a lot of pregnant women experience higher levels of paranormal activity leading up to the birth of their babies.

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

earthlydelites is correct, but also, do you use a Hepa filter? The reason I ask is they through off a lot of EMF, which can cause either EMF hyper-sensitivity or can increase spirit activity, or both combined,

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 13 August 2017 - 09:46 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 babayegah666

babayegah666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

earthlydelites - this started before this baby, but it did drastically increase when we announced our pregnancy (that was around the time of cupboards slamming, banging noises, sighing). This could have all started back up because I'm so close to full term? I didnt notice any of this when I was pregnant with our first son.

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe - I actually had to look up what a Hepa filter is lol. But yes we do! We just bought it from Target a few weeks ago! I've never heard that before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mirror, paranormal, haunting, spirits, hauntedmirror, hauntedobjects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users