Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


Possessed?


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 23 August 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Holly... is there a place that your grandmother could go for a week, or relatives she could stay with for that period of time? I'm just thinking, at some point in time it would be interesting to see how she would react to being away. I say that because we still need to rule out the house as being a contributor to her recent aggressiveness and rage.

Has she ever had sleeping medication? And if so, how did that work in the past? I'm thinking it might help relieve some of the tension with her current situation.

I've also been considering how all of this might relate to a paranormal situation. Considering the tension, health issues, lack of sleep, etc, could leave her open for attack. So in my opinion we need to at least consider that possibility. That's why I'm thinking a week away might help with this puzzle. And considering the fact that a figure was witnessed at the time that the harsh aggression intensified adds to the paranormal angle. So let's not take a paranormal episode off the table yet.  ;)
.

We have tried every sleep aid under the sun. NOTHING seems to work. We finally started her on Ambien after everything less extreme failed and she was awake for 9 straight days. So now, instead of giving her any medication that may make her worse, we only have her on melatonin... which clearly isn't doing anything either. Which is actually kind of funny, because she always, ALWAYS used sleeping pills in the past and they worked like a charm.

As far as her staying with someone else - I know it sounds terrible, but I don't think anyone would be willing to take her in for even a short period of time. Even her own sister only comes to see her maybe twice a year. It is extremely emotionally and mentally exhausting dealing with her. Since I am here from 10pm-11am I am paid for it because not only can I not sleep while I'm here, but I need the rest of the day to decompress and recenter myself after being here, so I couldn't possible focus my attention on a job. So I can understand how it would be too much for someone to take her in for a week.

#22 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

View PostHolly630, on 23 August 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:


As far as her staying with someone else - I know it sounds terrible, but I don't think anyone would be willing to take her in for even a short period of time. Even her own sister only comes to see her maybe twice a year. It is extremely emotionally and mentally exhausting dealing with her. Since I am here from 10pm-11am I am paid for it because not only can I not sleep while I'm here, but I need the rest of the day to decompress and recenter myself after being here, so I couldn't possible focus my attention on a job. So I can understand how it would be too much for someone to take her in for a week.

You might have to look at respite care I am sure your sister might be able to find out more information. The 2 types of care I am thinking about are:
  • in-home respite care ~ that will give the carer a few hours a day to themselves and
  • short-term residential respite care ~ overnight, weekends and sometimes weekly care.
It might be worth while checking out otherwise you will burn yourselves out in the process of caring for your Nan.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#23 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 23 August 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

You might have to look at respite care I am sure your sister might be able to find out more information. The 2 types of care I am thinking about are:
  • in-home respite care ~ that will give the carer a few hours a day to themselves and
  • short-term residential respite care ~ overnight, weekends and sometimes weekly care.
It might be worth while checking out otherwise you will burn yourselves out in the process of caring for your Nan.


We looked into it. We were basically told that if she is non-compliant that they can't help.

#24 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 23 August 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

You might have to look at respite care I am sure your sister might be able to find out more information. The 2 types of care I am thinking about are:
  • in-home respite care ~ that will give the carer a few hours a day to themselves and
  • short-term residential respite care ~ overnight, weekends and sometimes weekly care.
It might be worth while checking out otherwise you will burn yourselves out in the process of caring for your Nan.

We have about 7 people (family members, family friends) who help out so that I am not here longer than the 13 hours I am already here, so that helps. For the first year I was here it was just me.

#25 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:05 AM

So do you personally watch over her all night once or twice a week?

Okay... so that little experiment in getting her out of the house for a few days won't work then... we'll scratch that idea.

As for Melatonin, is she taking 10 mg? But even with that, she needs to be willing to lay down and relax within 30 minutes for the Melatonin to work effectively. "Willing" be the key word.

I better get this right, so did you see the apparition/figure personally? or just on the camera the next day?

Does the house feel threatening to you like doom & gloom?

With your input on the above questions maybe we can try a few things. But it would be nice to figure out the apparition/entities purpose. that way, we know what we're dealing with.
.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#26 lorac61469

lorac61469

    Demon

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:11 AM

One thing I think with mentioning in regards to he recent change in behavior, you might want to have her checked for a UTI. Any time my father-in-law has a change in his mental state/behavior that's the first thing his doctor checks for. Apparently a UTI can cause changes in mental status.

Since you said she's changed quite a bit over the last few weeks I just thought I would mention it.

#27 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Unfortunately there was a dispute and I felt a need to hide the posts in question while waiting mod review.
.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#28 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 24 August 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Unfortunately there was a dispute and I felt a need to hide the posts in question while waiting mod review.
.

A dispute against what?

#29 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

    Lead Moderator

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:My House
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostHolly630, on 24 August 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

A dispute against what?

Nothing about you Holly, just a couple of members getting a bit to heated with each other. It will be ok.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#30 Mikaru

Mikaru

    Anomaly

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostHolly630, on 24 August 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:



A dispute against what?
You're fine. I was in a debate with someone that had nothing to do with you. I apologize.

Did you get the house blessed?



#31 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

Holly...I don't know what else I can do without answers to my questions.... but Mikaru is right. A blessing on the home would be a great start. I know you also had mentioned that in your first post. Do you have a church you regularly attend? Or one in the area you could ask?
.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#32 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 24 August 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

So do you personally watch over her all night once or twice a week?

Okay... so that little experiment in getting her out of the house for a few days won't work then... we'll scratch that idea.

As for Melatonin, is she taking 10 mg? But even with that, she needs to be willing to lay down and relax within 30 minutes for the Melatonin to work effectively. "Willing" be the key word.

I better get this right, so did you see the apparition/figure personally? or just on the camera the next day?

Does the house feel threatening to you like doom & gloom?

With your input on the above questions maybe we can try a few things. But it would be nice to figure out the apparition/entities purpose. that way, we know what we're dealing with.
.

I'm sorry, I just noticed this message.

Yes, I am here 7 days a week over night.

Yes, she's on 10mg of melatonin.

No, I didn't see it for myself... I just saw it on the camera.

I never felt scared or threatened here in my 31 years of life, but recently I've been feeling very tense when I leave my bedroom in the middle of the night.

As far as getting the house blessed - we haven't yet. We smudge it with sage yesterday, but that didn't seem to help. She told me tonight before she got into bed... "You know that little girl and her mother died in that accident, right?"... I said "No. I didn't hear about it" and she just started laughing. It was very creepy. We do have a church in town that we attend regularly, but our priest just recently got transferred. We would like to build a bit of a rapport with the new priest before we ask him to come here.

Edited by Holly630, 24 August 2017 - 08:16 PM.


#33 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

    Doppelganger

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

Mac, the early signs sound like we all suffer from it.

That picture... I'm not sure why no one else here seems to sense it but that isn't human. Or alive at least. 10 mg is alot for melatonin. Are you sure she isn't having an adverse reaction to it?

Edited by moiraesfate, 24 August 2017 - 09:33 PM.


#34 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Okay... that sounds like a good plan to have the new Priest come over to bless the house. I wouldn't wait to long though.

As for the smudging... did you open all the cabinets, closets, refrigerator, etc? And don't forget the garage. I'm not big on smudging but I hear from so many that it does a lot of good! And if you do happen to notice a different, repeat every two weeks for awhile.  ;)

So is your actual shift with her 7 days a week where you have charge?

When you feel tense at night... is it usually around the same time, or within a time range? like 12 to 3 am... or something like that?

If the smudging doesn't seem to work, I know of something else that might. So let's see how that goes first.
.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#35 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 24 August 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Okay... that sounds like a good plan to have the new Priest come over to bless the house. I wouldn't wait to long though.

As for the smudging... did you open all the cabinets, closets, refrigerator, etc? And don't forget the garage. I'm not big on smudging but I hear from so many that it does a lot of good! And if you do happen to notice a different, repeat every two weeks for awhile.  ;)

So is your actual shift with her 7 days a week where you have charge?

When you feel tense at night... is it usually around the same time, or within a time range? like 12 to 3 am... or something like that?

If the smudging doesn't seem to work, I know of something else that might. So let's see how that goes first.
.

Yes, everything open. Every room from the basement to the attic and also the garage.

Yep, my shift is 10p-11am seven days a week. I get someone to cover for me MAYBE once every couple of month so I can get a break.

When I feel tense, it's usually I'd say between 2-5am. I leave my bedroom every 30 minutes to go to her bedroom door to listen if she's still awake and I'm fine initially, but the later it gets, the more tense I feel.

We'll see how the smudging goes. I'm really hoping it helps.

Edited by Holly630, 25 August 2017 - 12:05 AM.


#36 Holly630

Holly630

    Cold Spot

  • GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 24 August 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Mac, the early signs sound like we all suffer from it.

That picture... I'm not sure why no one else here seems to sense it but that isn't human. Or alive at least. 10 mg is alot for melatonin. Are you sure she isn't having an adverse reaction to it?

Every pill we try has been trial and error. We started her off at 3mg, then went to 6 and now we are at 10. Sometimes she sleeps, most of the time she doesn't. But she definitely slept more when we initially upped the dosage. She's probably just immune to it now.

#37 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

    Doppelganger

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, I take melatonin. You can get immune to it, or it can cause weird reactions in your body and it is possible to overdose on it and have it cause halucinations. I quit taking it for almost  month and my sleep is now back to normal. I'm careful how often I take it now. I usually take 5 mg, but I've learned not to take it every day. You might like to consider skipping a day, then take it the next day, then skip a day. See what happens.

#38 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Seance

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

I take melatonin and you do build up a resistance to it. Need to take breaks now and then for it to work
Posted Image

#39 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sacramento
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

Has she ever tried Trazodone for sleep? ......It's great for insomnia, depression and anxiety. Many take it for insomnia with excellent results. And it's low on side effects.
It would need to be prescribed by a doctor.

As for the tenseness you feel in the hallway, would you consider pausing at that point in the hall and try to dissect your feelings? What are you feeling when you pause? nervous, scared, worried, anxious? If you take some time, you might even be able to feel the reason for the fear. And that could be revealing. But either way, you need to face that fear and not race past that area of the house... at least not until you analyse your feelings.
.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#40 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Seance

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

My wife uses Trazodone. It does work, I'll take one every now and then. Still, no matter what I take at bedtime (11PM-ish) I always start waking up 6 am and toss and turn. If only I could sleep til 9 or so...
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users