• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Hartley

Hartley

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

Until now I've never entertained the idea of ghosts, the afterlife or spirits but recent events have changed my perspective and I'm almost certain that my home is haunted. In April of this year my parents bought a small hotel by the coast. We had previously owned and lived in a Bed and Breakfast and now they want the challenge of running a hotel. The first couple of times we went to the hotel to view it I never felt anything off about the place. In fact the old building and old decor was just my style and I loved it.

We didn't want to loose any business so we didn't close down the hotel when we first moved in. We planned to make any adjustments and renovations as time went by. The first night we were there I was sorting through my clothes and stuff in my room when the light bulb popped. I didn't believe in ghosts back then so once I got over the initial shock of a loud bang I just put it down to faulty wiring. I decided to make a cup of tea before bed. As I walked through the hotel to the kitchen I passed a man in the hallway. He was dressed in old fashioned military clothes and had a crutch to help him walk. Thinking he was just a guest who'd been to a fancy dress party I smiled and walked on. I never thought about the man again for a couple of weeks.

In the morning we discovered that one of the guests had cut her wrists in the bath and had killed herself. It was a bit of a shock to the system but we all tried not to let it ruin the excitement of moving into our new home. Over the next few days odd things started to happen. The radio's in the rooms would turn on and off. Uninhabited and locked rooms would be found with used cups and plates in there and things would be moved around when we weren't looking. When the man came to clean the guttering he fell off the ladder and died and another guest had a heart attack in the middle of the hallway. However, that wasn't the strangest thing to happen.

To earn my pocket money I help with some tasks around the hotel. One night at about 10pm I was filling the fridges in the bar and cleaning the tables. I was crouched behind the bar filling the fridge and when I stood up a man was sitting at the bar. The first thing I noticed about him was his clothes. He was wearing a black suit that looked like it was from the 20's. His hair was gelled over and he had a thin moustache. Come to think of it he looked quite a bit like Gomez Addams from the Addams family and I assumed there was another fancy dress party going on in the town that I didn't know about.

I got him a drink and we chatted a little while I was cleaning the tables when my mother came in and asked me who I was talking to. I turned around and saw that the man had vanished. My mother had been sitting at reception just outside the door to the bar so she'd have seen him coming in or out and it was the only way in or out of the room. We assumed Mum must have turned her back for a minute and he'd slipped by but it didn't sit right with me.

I couldn't sleep thinking about the man so I got up and rewound the security footage of that night. No one had came in or out of the bar and I had been talking to an empty seat. Naturally I thought I was suffering from some sort of mental breakdown until the next morning when a little girl who was staying at the hotel with her parents drew the man with crayons on the back of her menu. I asked her who the man in her drawing was and she said the man who had been playing the piano the night before. The hotel does have a piano but it's locked away in a storage cupboard.

I started to do some research into the property and what I found was shocking. Over the last two hundred years since the building was built an astronomical amount of people have died there. Suicides, accidents and even murders. During the war it had been a convalescence hospital. The guy in the old military clothes suddenly made sense.During my research I found a picture of a previous resident, it was the man from the bar. It wasn't just someone who looked like him, it was him. Apparently he murdered several people in the house before he took his own life. I can't really say more about the history of the house because it would be easy for someone to research it and find out where I live.

I'm not the only one who is seeing people darting by doorways and walking into empty rooms. My family and the guests have had some strange experiences too and we don't know what to do. We've tried burning sage and asking a Medium to cleanse the house but nothing worked. Any suggestions how to cope with or deal with this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon!

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,721 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

Welcome to the forums, Hartley... glad you found us!  :)

I can tell you one thing... Just about any paranormal team would do about anything for the chance to investigate your hotel!  

It's scary when people are dying on a regular basis. So you definitely need to deal with it soon. I was going to say that you should advertise it as a haunted hotel and it would drive in business and bring paranormal experts. The para experts could help deal with the problem. But because of the deaths, that's probably not a good idea. Folks would be afraid to stay there.  :ermm:

Are you religious at all?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:31 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards. You have quite a lot happening and from what you have said it seems you are right and the place is haunted.  I am curious when you spoke to the guy who looked like Gomez Addams, did it feel uncomfortable talking with him?

We have a few people here that might be able to offer some insight on the best way to handle things. I think the sage burning in such a large area might be difficult and not very helpful.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Hartley

Hartley

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

No I'm not religious.

Yes it did feel quite strange. There was just something about his demeanour that didn't feel right. His accent was hard to pin down too. When he said some words he sounded british but other words made him sound American.

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

As Klainey mentioned, the size of the structure would make it hard to smudge or to do any other treatment as well. And without some form of deep religious beliefs, I may not have much else to offer. But I'm sure others will chime in with helpful advice.  :)

I would however, suggest you find a good research team within 100 miles or so... and talk with them about all of this. I'm sure they would be more than willing to come investigate. Just make sure they have good references.
Posted Image

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

Often activity is nothing but transient and although background historical checks can be useful and offer a probable clue of why, in most cases there is little to point to an absolute person(s). There just isn't enough identifable evidence in most situations. As humans we point to correlations naturally. I can only speak of my 10+ years of actively investigating, but I never recorded the same EVP/AVP voice more than once. Others have but my point is consistency lacks in this field.

I think Jim hits the nail when he suggests a GOOD research team but keep in mind there are caveats. Often homeowners have found an increase in activity once a research team is introduced and a random occurrence could (not necessarily) spin to an elevated frequency turning it into a haunting. I would suggest finding a team that understands the word respect. Far too often, teams model themselves after paradrama TV and find it acceptable to use the proverbial prodding the bear with a sharpened stick to get a reaction. They leave and have NOW created an even larger problem for the homeowner to deal with.

I personally would recommend just logging events within the premises for the time being and if noted to be frequent, move to the next step as mentioned prior. A singular or infrequent series of events might be best dealt with as "inaction".

I have mixed thoughts on smudging and other spiritual methods as a fix. Nothing is guaranteed and many schools of thought on how a process should be performed exist. I'm more of a observational/documentation investigator and try to keep my practices closer to an empirical approach. Others more qualified on PS might be able to chime in here better than myself that employ a spiritual expertise.

If you consider a team, ensure you have a representative meet with you first much like a interview. This could minimize a regret further down the line.

Edited by EVP, 11 November 2017 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,721 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostEVP, on 11 November 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

If you consider a team, ensure you have a representative meet with you first much like a interview. This could minimize a regret further down the line.

I couldn't agree more... always meet with a representative from the team first... that's a must!
Posted Image

#8 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Wowzers! Sounds like the plot of a movie.

Good luck.

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

Hi Hartley, welcome to the boards! So it's your parents hotel? You might want to check with them before you invite people over to investigate.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#10 Arinomg

Arinomg

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate, cheese, ghost story

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Imho, i will make it short and clear. You need some experts to drive out the ghosts then let them cleanse the negative energy and renew it with positive and then the experts should make energy wall to make the ghosts cant go back to the place.

#11 Hartley

Hartley

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

I approached the subject with my parents and suggested bringing in outside help but they said no. Mum thinks we should just ignore it and Dad refuses to admit there's a problem. Plus he said they didn't want business to suffer if word got out that we are haunted.

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

thanks for the update hartley, there are certain things you can do yourself to make you and your family feel a little bit better in the hotel. Do you think your family would be ok with using some sage and salt to cleanse the hotel?

and on a personal level do you meditate, or are you agreeable to doing some ?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost, haunted, hotel, gaunting, haunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users