• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:37 AM

hi I see where you can get this small mobile wifi device that lets you put in a sim card and when you switch it on your laptop or tablet or phone will recognise this wifi connection. i see where they advertise it they show pictures of people playing playstation online, I just wondered as seeing it's done by a mobile network and you top up that sim card in device, would that drain like crazy on your mobile data allowance? especially the ps4 online gaming must go through some data yeah. I think if you just used it to watch couple YouTube videos and check Facebook or WhatsApp then your data should last a while yeah. it does seem like an expensive way of doing it.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:20 AM

Sorry I am not sure which device you mean. Hopefully, someone savvier will be along shortly to chat :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,068 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

Are you talking about a mobile hotspot? As an example, I can turn my phone into one (costs extra monthly), then run a laptop off of it like it was a router. Not sure about data usage, I've always had an unlimited plan,

I'm not sure how useful this would be, since there is public Wi Fi in many places that's free.
Posted Image

#4 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:38 PM

yes it's a mobile wi fi hotspot, I'm on pay as you go with three and if I top up 」20 that usually lasts a month as I can get an add on for so many texts so many calls and 12gb data for a month. I'm not sure I can get unlimited data on pay as you go but that's probably on the pay monthly thing where they give you a phone free aswel. I wonder if that 12gb of data would last long for ps4 gaming. I'm old school lol i dont have my ps4 online yet. where I live there's no wi fi near by apart from other houses which are locked and require password. but if I'm down town the pubs free wi fi I can use on my phone.