3 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:26 PM

A colleague and myself are in the process of working a short segment documenting some of the more interesting cases in Connecticut. Although it's not reputed to be paranormal in nature, it's one of the more interesting cases involving a notable personality with a rather dubious background. She's buried at the junction of two busy roads in southern Connecticut.

Here's her back story courtesy of:

https://m.facebook.c...57529264297483/

CONNECTICUT: Hannah Cranna

Legend: Known as the "Wicked Witch of Monroe," Hannah Cranna gained a reputation as a witch in the 19th century when her husband died by mysteriously falling off a cliff - and locals reportedly believed that she had bewitched him due to many people saying her husband wouldn't have done something that would put him in danger. People also believed that she would cast spells on people she didn't like.

Hannah lived till the age of 77, but right before she died, she asked to be carried down to the cemetery in her coffin by foot, not wagon. After her death, the people of Monroe tried to wheel her coffin down the hill but were unable - the coffin kept falling off - so they were forced to carry it. When the townspeople returned to her home, it was found to be engulfed in flames, sealing Hannah's reputation of witchcraft.

There are stories that still revolve around her today, the most popular of which is that from time to time, the specter of a mysterious woman will suddenly appear in the middle of Spring Hill Road, causing an unfortunate driver to swerve, lose control of his car -- and eventually his life -- as he crashes into the gravestone of Hannah Cranna. Of course, Hannah's gravestone is up on the hill overlooking the road.

Gregory's Four Corners Burial Ground is located on Spring Hill Road in Trumbull, right on the border with Monroe. It is near the junction of routes 111 and 25. As mentioned, Hannah Cranna's white gravestone is right at the front of the cemetery, very close to the street.

Here's an image my colleague took last night close to 12:00 AM of her resting place.

Posted Image

My intention last night was to see if I could record anything interesting near the tombstone. We have been to this location several times in the past but never caught anything notable. Once before I was there with another colleague when I witnessed a self-illuminating orb with a long tail. Naturally, I was holding an audio recorder at the time so it never was captured.

With it being a rather busy intersection, Sunday night would be the potentially best time for audio when most people are sleeping before the start of another work week. The temperatures were dipping into the low 40's and with high humidity we decided  on a passive recording. I brought two recorders with me, an ancient Olympus WS-100 and a Zoom H2N. The Olympus has been reliable in picking up many anomalous snippets. The Zooms ( I have both a H2 & H2N) have never so much as picked up anything despite supporting 5 on-board microphones and creating high quality sound files at 48,000 kHz/24-bit in PCM wav.

As a secondary drop, I positioned the Zoom H2N approximately 30 feet away from Hanna's stone towards the back of the small graveyard. I ran both recorders for 45 minutes and finished shortly after 12:00 AM Monday morning. I always announce my intentions at the start of an audio session and verbally time stamp in case I have an old age spell forgetting to set the date and time upon inserting new batteries.

Upon reviewing this afternoon, I decided to listen to the Zoom H2N first. Surprisingly, the Zoom broke silence for a first time with one short clip and an accompanying longer clip in the first 15 seconds shortly after giving my intention speech. When reviewing the Olympus, nothing was heard. Just picking the snippets up on one recorder helps in verification. If it's radio frequency interference, snippets are most often heard on multiple devices. Another convincing verification could be found in the spectral display showing flat vocal banding and relatively low Hz.

I'm just going to upload the longer clip. It's been looped three times. Please keep in mind this was an outdoor recording with traffic noise and crickets buried in the snippet. I reduced some of the ambient distraction but it won't be a clean snippet. This isn't my usual quality. Nothing beats indoor recording.

Let me know what you hear and wrap your comment in a spoiler tag as well to reduce the influence of what others might hear.

Here's the audio snippet.

https://clyp.it/fnpb...c6f1c0a0e84c91)

Edited by EVP, 19 October 2020 - 09:22 PM.

Posted Image

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:58 PM

That was interesting

Spoiler alert

Spoiler

That is what it sounds like to me
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:19 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 October 2020 - 08:58 PM, said:

That was interesting

Spoiler alert

Spoiler

That is what it sounds like to me

Thanks for piping in Klainey. I'm curious to see if we get any identical interpretations. At best I think this is a Class "B", but I'll patiently waif for more responses.
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:35 PM

LOL! How far was I off?
Did I mention; I do my best listening in real time!

I look forward to other spoiler alerts :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter