Free Skins
© Fisana

Your Childhood Monsters. Mine Where Weird.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 DarkOne

DarkOne

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

Well,when I was a kid I wasn't really that afraid of a lot,but when i was about 8 I watched the Twilight Zone movie,and if anyone remembers "The thing" on the wing of the airplane,that thing was the stuff of my nightmares for about a year. I pictured it in every situation that a monster could possibly be in that would scare me as a child. For some reason that thing horrified me as a child.

Edited by DarkOne, 20 August 2008 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Image
DarkOne-[Noun]; A person of questionable sanity.

#22 BFG

BFG

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Lol my dad used to tell me if I looked through one end of my moms vacuum cleaner hose I would see a boogyman at the other end. I guess he told me that so I'd stop playing with it. I was terrified. Also my grandpa ( my dads dad) told us kids that alligators lived under the steps of his and grandma's wooden porch, I was so scared  I would run up those steps as fast as I could every time I had to go up them.

#23 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(DarkOne @ Aug 20 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well,when I was a kid I wasn't really that afraid of a lot,but when i was about 8 I watched the Twilight Zone movie,and if anyone remembers "The thing" on the wing of the airplane,that thing was the stuff of my nightmares for about a year. I pictured it in every situation that a monster could possibly be in that would scare me as a child. For some reason that thing horrified me as a child.

Have you seen that episode lately?  It is the dumpiest little fake fur costume ever, with a greek tragedy mask & an afro wig slapped on it!  Sorry, I am not laughing at you for being scared of it.  You were only 8, so go figure.  My friends little cousin is terrified of the stupid googly eyed buzzard thing from "The Giant Claw."   There is no telling what will horrify a kid.

There is something creepy about seeing it out on the wing there.  Maybe it's because you know no one is supposed to be there?  It scared William Shatner pretty good too, so you are in good company, at least!

Take Care, Canis

#24 DarkOne

DarkOne

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(caniswalensis @ Aug 23 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen that episode lately?  It is the dumpiest little fake fur costume ever, with a greek tragedy mask & an afro wig slapped on it!  Sorry, I am not laughing at you for being scared of it.  You were only 8, so go figure.  My friends little cousin is terrified of the stupid googly eyed buzzard thing from "The Giant Claw."   There is no telling what will horrify a kid.

There is something creepy about seeing it out on the wing there.  Maybe it's because you know no one is supposed to be there?  It scared William Shatner pretty good too, so you are in good company, at least!

Take Care, Canis

I am not talking about the old one with William Shatner. I am talking about the Twilight Zone movie that was made in the late 80's that had a complete remake of "Terror at 60,000 feet". It had Jon Lithgow in it playing the same role as Shatner. The thing on the wing was much more horrifying than the one with Shatner in it,lol...I have seen the one with Shatner,and I probably would have laughed at the monster in that version when I was a kid....anyway,here is a pic of "The thing" from the 80's remake........

and if your just kinda curious about the remade version,here it is on Youtube...

Part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H841-v8FL2g

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEclI_ffOA

and if you just want to see a really cool quick clip of the Creature,and see what the heck scared me so much as a kid go and watch this one. It is what I envisioned seeing every time I looked out the window at night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozW4mmKzcYQ

You can certainly see that it is a lot more frightening than a fake fur costume with a greek tragedy mask & an afro wig slapped on it!

Edited by DarkOne, 24 August 2008 - 07:13 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

I read Salem's Lot when I was 10-ish and thought that a vampire was going to float up to my window when I was asleep.
But I never really got scared much. I knew it was all fake.

What really really did scare me as a kid was (and I swear if you ask most people around my age from here they will say the same thing) Richard Ramirez. The Night Stalker.
I thought he was going to show up at my house and kill me and my family, and walk around with my eyeballs in his pocket.

I think at that time, everyone was scared of him. I was about 9-10 years old then.

Edited by Ubriaca, 24 August 2008 - 09:18 PM.

Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#26 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(DarkOne @ Aug 24 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not talking about the old one with William Shatner. I am talking about the Twilight Zone movie that was made in the late 80's that had a complete remake of "Terror at 60,000 feet".

HA HA!  You clearly said it was the movie that scared you in you post, too!  blush.gif  My only excuse for missing that is that I have a terrible sinus infection right now and the meds make me a little loopy.  wacko.gif

You are right that the movie version is much scarier.  I love that segment, it is my favorite one in the movie.  The critter looks so cool in the lightning flashes, riding the engine while it tears at it with it's claws.

I hope you did not think I was laughing at you for being scarred of either version of this.  Like I said, when you are a kid, there is no telling what will get under your skin.

For the record though, there is NOTHING more frightening than an afro wig! laugh.gif

Regards, Canis

Edited by caniswalensis, 25 August 2008 - 12:15 AM.

#27 DarkOne

DarkOne

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(caniswalensis @ Aug 25 2008, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HA HA!  You clearly said it was the movie that scared you in you post, too!  blush.gif  My only excuse for missing that is that I have a terrible sinus infection right now and the meds make me a little loopy.  wacko.gif

You are right that the movie version is much scarier.  I love that segment, it is my favorite one in the movie.  The critter looks so cool in the lightning flashes, riding the engine while it tears at it with it's claws.

I hope you did not think I was laughing at you for being scarred of either version of this.  Like I said, when you are a kid, there is no telling what will get under your skin.

For the record though, there is NOTHING more frightening than an afro wig! laugh.gif

Regards, Canis

LOL!!  Ya,I agree. When I was a kid that thing used to scared the bahjesus out of me. It looked so creepy out there on the wing in the lightening flashes. And then,the part where he pulls up the window shade and its right there with its face pressed against the window,that is what I used to picture seeing if I looked out ANY window when it was night time.

I didn't think you were making fun of me,but I wanted to mame it clear that I was not scared of afro puffs when I was a kid.  th_sarcastic_blum.gif

Posted Image

#28 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(DarkOne @ Aug 25 2008, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL!!  Ya,I agree. When I was a kid that thing used to scared the bahjesus out of me.

When I was a kid, I had my mind blowing terror experiance in broad daylight on a sturday afternoon watching the movie "Black sabbath" with boris karloff.   It is an anthology movie of three short stories, and the one that got me was called "The Water Drop"  I was not right in the head for a couple months after watching this thing.  

I am not sure if it was really that scary or not, but here is a little taste:

That is the face I saw every where I looked the rest of the summer.  I was the first seven year old kid on my block to have a nervous breakdown!  LOL!

Edit:  This is still not as scary as an afro wig!

Edited by caniswalensis, 25 August 2008 - 11:03 AM.

#29 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(caniswalensis @ Aug 25 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure if it was really that scary or not, but here is a little taste:

That is the face I saw every where I looked the rest of the summer.

confused0068.gif

Thanks a lot, canis.  That picture just about gave me a coronary!   laugh.gif

#30 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Aug 26 2008, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
confused0068.gif

Thanks a lot, canis.  That picture just about gave me a coronary!   laugh.gif

I gues the ol' girl still has it!  cool.gif

#31 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:58 AM

I didn't really have a monster that scared me, but my brother and his friend got a kick giving be heart attacks! We lived on a Naval base, and the house we lived in had this really long hallway with a door at each end. My  brother and his friend would get at each end, close the doors, turn off the lights and start making scary noises. I'd be in the middle unable to get away from them. I love my brother and he's my best friend, but he was such a jerk growing up!!

I was scared to death of the hallway, and would run full speed everytime I was in the hall. My father asked why I did that, and I told him what my brother and his friend would do....

After I told my dad, my brother never pulled this with me again (heehee).
Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#32 chaolord54

chaolord54

Orb

• GS Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

Yeah another of my childhood monsters was an evil monkey that lived in my closet that I thought was trying to eat me! confused0068.gif

#33 mizzwaves

mizzwaves

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:ASIDE FROM BEING A SUPERNATURAL BUFF I WATCH A LOT OF MOVIES AND T.V. I MEAN A LOT. REALLY. A LOT. AS LONG AS IT'S GOOD, I'LL WATCH IT. OF COURSE ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS IS T.A.P.S. I REALLY DON'T GET NEARLY ENOUGH SLEEP SO I DO THAT WHENEVER I CAN. I HAVE THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS DREAMS SO I'M KINDA BIG INTO DREAM INTERPRETATION ALSO. I WOULD CALL MYSELF A SENSITIVE. I WON'T GET MAD IF YOU DON'T. I WENT A WHOLE WEEK ONCE IN A CONSTANT STATE OF DE JA VU. AS IF WHEN IT HAPPENS OCCASIONALLY ISN'T UNNERVING ENOUGH. ANYWAYS...THAT'S ME.

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

When I was little my aunt took me and a coule of my cousins to the movies. Double-Fetaure. Gremlins and Ghoulies. Mogwi's? Cute. Gremlins. Icky! Ghoulies. Completely terrifying! There's the one scene where the little green ghoulie pops out of the toilet. It was MONTHS before I could go to the bathroom or take a bath or shower without my mom in there with me. Then it got to be sooo long that I was scared that my mom weined me off to just leaving the bathroom door open and eventually I got over it. I just turned 30 and I'm over the Ghoulies in the toilet but I'm still scared of Zombies in the shower. I always have to look behing the shower curtain to make sure there's not one in there. And even at that, I still have myself somehow convinced that miraculously one will pop up while I'm in there. I don't know why. Zombies suck! I also refuse to look in the mirror as I walk into the bathroom in the middle of the night becuase I always get this creeped out feeling that I'll see someone or something other than myself.
As for nightmares. When I was young I had this recurring dream about this plant stand (like where plants would be sold) in somew dark alleyway. I would always be wearing the same pink Easter dress and riding or walking my seashell princess bike. Well whether or not I could see him from dream to dream, there was this tall thin man who would be wearing all black with a black face mask. More like a ninja face mask, not so much a rob the 7 Eleven face mask. He would just look at me and I'd look at him. But sometimes he would have killed someone else in the alleyway. He never tried to hurt me. He'd always let me go. He NEVER said a word. And even tho he never tried to hurt me, it scared the pee outta me!

"NO GOOD WITHOUT EVIL...
NO INNOCENCE WITHOUT LUST...
NO LIGHT WITHOUT ME...
I AM DARKNESS"
THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS
FROM THE MOVIE LEGEND

#34 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:28 AM

My older sister and I used to share a bedroom when we were very little. She would often sleepwalk during the night and have a conversation while walking around. Our father would often lead her back to bed waking me up in the process. When he would leave or just when the light was turned off, I thought she turned into a bear because she had wild curly hair and in my child's mind that looked like a bear. LOL

I think I had a premonition about the drop bears ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#35 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,336 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

I posted this encounter a while ago, but here it is.

It was summer, hazy, hot and humid. At the time, we did not have air conditioning. The windows were kept open to let in the breeze. It did not help much in cooling down the house.  We slept in a bunk bed; my sister had the top bunk, and I had the bottom one. My sister was sitting at the head of my bed and reading a story to me when I suddenly felt cold.

I felt I had to look out the window, though I did not want to. It was as if I had to. When I did turn, I could not believe what I was seeing. There were glowing red eyes; they were staring in at me. I could not look away (believe me I tried), but could not tear my gaze from it.

The eyes were about 2 feet up from the windowsill (from outside the sill was about 3 1/2 feet off the ground). I get chills just remembering this. It took, what seemed forever to tear my gaze away. When I did, I rushed to the head of the bed and told my sister to look out the window. When she finally did, the eyes were gone.

Another time, I was home alone. My parents were out for the evening, and my sister was staying with a friend. I was sitting in the living room watching TV when out the corner of my eye I saw something move. I should tell you from where I was sitting I could see into the bathroom and straight out the bathroom window to the backyard.

I turned to look, and I saw what looked like a skull, up close to the window, moving toward the back door area. Now for it to be that close to the window, it would have to have been walking in the flowerbed. It would also, have had to walk across the cellar door. I was terrified; I closed my eyes and stayed in that chair all night. I did not move a single muscle.

Another time, I had finally gotten my room. It is a mirror image of our old shared room. After having moved into it, I felt a presence. Outside my window there was a 12-inch deep flower garden, then the driveway, which is about 5 feet wide. Next to that was the woodpile.

Sitting on top of the woodpile was a massive, white-colored apparition. It had long limbs and glowing red eyes. It was staring in at me. I tore my gaze away from it, after what seemed forever to me, and hid under the covers until morning. My mother found me like that, under the sheet and coverlet. She wondered how I could breathe under there.

This picture is what the apparition looked like, but imagine it with glowing red eyes.

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#36 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

Wow and I thought my sister was scary. MacC that is scary.
Posted Image

#37 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,336 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

Yes, it is. I am still afraid to look out a window at night, but I could be standing outside in the pitch dark and not have a problem with the situation. .. go figure. Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#38 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:34 AM

What I remember is watching Terminator 2 (well the start of it anyways) and so I was always worried that Arnie was going to pop out from behind a door and get me ! haha
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#39 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

It was Jaws for me.  I was 9 when it came out and I could not swim in ANYTHING (pool, hot tub, ocean or lake) without being worried / scared of a shark attack
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#40 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Lol  I can relate to that not jaws but a shark.

When I was about 13  we had an above ground swimming pool.

Anyway I always seemed to be the last person to get out and as hard as I would try, as soon as I was alone any shadows in the water would have me clamoring out. I knew logically there wasn't any shark in my pool but I still couldn't stay in the water.
Posted Image