• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Backlash

Backlash

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Did an extensive search and wasn't able to locate anything on this. If it's in the wrong place or I'm searching wrong, please let me know!

This has happened to my brother and I twice (hopefully mentioning it won't bring notice again). Both times it has been at the back door and there were two sets of three knocks. We're certain it couldn't have been someone playing ding-dong-ditch.

The thought did occur to me that it might be prophetic according to what I've read on the topic ie, that someone close to you is going to pass. It also occured to both of us that there may have been a very, very slim chance that it was a friend that had passed many years ago that would mess with us by going around the house at night, knocking on the back door and our windows, in a game.

These only came to mind AFTER what I've been told & taught by my old-school Southern mom: if you hear knocking on the door at night, especially a door that isn't easy to get to that leads outside, NEVER answer or open it: you could let someone or something in.

Anyone else experienced this or heard rules concerning it?

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hello Backlash :)

I haven't experienced this type of thing, but my grandma and grandpa, as well as my Uncle Bill on my mother's side had this happen to them twice in the same week.

My grandpa told me that he and my grandma both heard three loud knocks on the back door at around 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and my grandpa ran to the door to find no one outside.  Now, this house is a duplex and my Uncle Bill lived in the other side, but it could not have been him because he was eating supper with my grandparents at the time this happened.  They all heard the same three knocks two days later at around the same time.  What makes this story more weird is the fact that my Uncle Bill heard the same three knocks on his back door (the second time).  I have no idea if anybody in the family passed away that week, but my grandparents and my Uncle Bill never heard those three loud knocks again.  No younger kids lived in their neighborhood either.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#3 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

I've had this happen at my back door and also my bedroom door when nobody else was home.  Pumpkinwraith also has an interesting story like this.
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#4 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Fortunately I've never had this happen to me, but I've also heard that the sound of three (unexplained) knocks can be an omen of an upcoming death.

#5 Icanhearyou

Icanhearyou

EVP

• GS Member
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Mediums, Haunted Houses, EVP's, Ghosts, TV shows about ghosts. Not really all that interested when it comes to UFO's and Bigfoot.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

I used to get knocks (sometimes in threes but not always) but it happened in my kitchen. Sometimes on the wall, sometimes on the fridge. Can't say I remember it ever happening on the door. Maybe one of the very first times I heard the knocking, I might have answered the door but I don't remember. The latest knocking I've been hearing has been on the porch. Not in threes, just one, hard knock, like someone hit it with the bottom of their fist. Weird.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

#6 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

As Clarina said, I have had quite a few weird things going on regarding knocking on the door.  My self and my daughter were alone in the house and I heard my front door go as if someone had unlocked it with the key and then pushed the handle down and walked in.  No one else can walk in as you have to use the key and no one else near us has one.

My SO had gone to the supmarket which is about 5 minutes drive and I expected him back.  So naturally thought he had walked through the door and gone straight into the kitchen.    I then heard my name called as did my daughter who was three at the time and she reacted by calling "DADDY!" as she ran I to the kitchen.  Then she came back and told me daddy wasn't there.   As I remember It I heard my name called again and thought it a it weird as this wasn't the first time I've heard my name called while I've been home and my SO has been out.   It's happened a few times in the last couple of years.

I thought about it for a minute then called him as I thought perhaps he came home then went back out and we didn't hear him go out. He answered and I didn't mention anything that happened.  I just asked if he had come home and gone out again. He said no he was still in the store.

I told him that evening and he didn't really say much as he was Very skeptical at the time.

To cut a long story short, since these incidents, I've heard my name called a few times and the same thing has happened to my mum at her house recently.  But my partner has been starting to feel weird in the house as though something is following him through the hallway and stairs and in our kids room.  Since these feelings he's been hearing knocking on our door.  

Not just the once but it's happening at least once a week.  I've spoken to our neighbours since and some of them have mentioned seeing dark shadows in their houses or weird noises upstairs.

These are newish houses less than 6 years old and the land was just a small piece of wasteland for years.  Even google maps still show it with no houses.

The neighbour on the far end has heard knocking on her outer wall on the upper level where her kids room is.  She can't explain it but she says it always happens when she is home alone with the kids and her partner is at work.  It is as though there are neighbours on the other side of the wall.  Her oldest girl has heard it too.

Since a lot of other weird things have happened my SO has become more of a believer.  I keep hearing knocking on the front door and so does he.  It is starting to really bug him as he cannot explain why he keeps hearing this knocking going to the door and there is no one there,  I'm trying to ignore all these things.    Well, I was until a few weeks ago when I saw shadows on the landing.  I asked him to go and see if my daughter was walking about upstairs.  He went to have a look and she was sound asleep.  He came back down and literally two minutes later we both heard an almighty crash as though someone had thrown a brick through our upstairs window.  Thinking about our kids we both ran upstairs to check them and still they were both asleep.  I'm surprised because it was loud enough to wake the whole road.  No windows were open no breezes coming in.   So I checked the bathroom and the shower rail had come off of our wall.  The shower rings were all out of the curtain and the curtain lying in the bath.  We still don't have a good explanation for that so spent half an hour trying to fix it.

There is nothing bad here, we would feel it but we can't explain what the knocking is.  We get acorns from the oak tree out back come down and hit our back door often but that is obvious as to what it is.  It sounds like an air gun pellet hit the door and bounce back.  The knocking on the front door is more like someone knocking on the glass with one or two knuckles. It's a softer tapping and its usually twice and not just the one tap.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#7 powergirl5k

powergirl5k

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

I signed up for this site just to reply to this thread. My father passed away in 2003 from pancreatic cancer. He wasn't really wanting to go, but we were All there with him. After he passed in hospice, we all went home and had dinner at his house. We experienced not one set of three knocks on the door with no one there but three sets of three knocks. He was a clergyman and very religious, and I believe he had mentioned to others that the three knocks are mentioned in the bible as God's way to let people know he's come for them.

#8 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Thank you for sharing your experience, powergirl5k.  I'm very sorry for the loss of your father.

#9 Alonewitheverybody

Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

powergirl5k, on 13 February 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

s. He was a clergyman and very religious, and I believe he had mentioned to others that the three knocks are mentioned in the bible as God's way to let people know he's come for them.
It is nice to think of it this way, rather than thinking of it as a warning of a death occurring.
I am sorry for your loss, powergirl.
Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#10 natti

natti

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

I have experienced this many times... Sometimes it`s been something we norwegians call "vardøger",for instance:you will hear a car pull up in your driveway,someone gets out, knock on your door, then when you open, there`s no one there.Then minutes later the same thing happens all over again and this time for real. Other times I feel the knocking is just a spirit`s way of saying: Hello, I`m here. Alltough I always say to myself : could the weather have done this?

#11 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

Certain paranormal TV shows would have you believe that anything in 3's...knocks, scratches etc...are demonic.  I call Rubbish on that myself
Posted Image

#12 Angelicus

Angelicus

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:I have an interest in all aspects of the paranormal and love reading & watching stuff about UFOs, reincarnation, Hauntings, ghosts, Spiritual realms, psychics, the After Life, Near Death Experiences (NDE), have an interest in other stuff like fairies, elves, Moth Man and more. I love playing MMO games, watching most sorts of movies, and love the band Disturbed. I like all sorts of music really. I'm absolutely addicted to watching The Ghost Adventures.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

I have had three extremely loud knocking witnessed by myself, my sister, my nephew and my niece on the night i taunted the entity who was playing around with our dvd player.  That sparked a lot of paranormal activity that night onward.  I just recently learnt that if you hear three knocks, its the knock of the trinity often associated with demonic entities.  So that sort of freaked me out.  But its something to think about.

#13 Zombeedee

Zombeedee

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Demonology, true encounters, abandoned buildings, asylums and hospitals, EVP, witchcraft, vengeful spirits, imprints, incubi/succubi, sleep paralysis, ghost hunting; all with a pinch of salt, a big splash of skepticism but a good dose of openminded-ness.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:58 AM

natti, on 23 February 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

I have experienced this many times... Sometimes it`s been something we norwegians call "vardøger",for instance:you will hear a car pull up in your driveway,someone gets out, knock on your door, then when you open, there`s no one there.Then minutes later the same thing happens all over again and this time for real. Other times I feel the knocking is just a spirit`s way of saying: Hello, I`m here. Alltough I always say to myself : could the weather have done this?

This made me feel so much better!
A few years ago I lived with my sister who was out with her friend for the night, whilst I stayed home.
I was sleeping. My bedroom door was open, and I could see the front door from my bed. I was woken by my sisters key in the door. I sat up and watched the door open, my sister and two of her friends enter, laughing and giggling. I asked if they had fun as they took their shoes and coats off, they chatted for a bit then they went to the kitchen and I went back to sleep.
So I was rather surprised when a few hours later I was woken up by the whole thing happening again! When my sister came in I said 'but you're already here??'. I even went so far as to search the house, expecting to end up with two sisters and four friends XD
To this day my sister says I was dreaming. I'd say the same thing myself, to be honest, but I just know myself too well. I can tell a vivid dream from something genuinely happening.

What I find strange is the two friends who came in with her; they had not planned to come home with her and I had NEVER MET ONE OF THEM BEFORE and yet when I had seen her come home the first time, the women were exactly the two that came home with her when she ACTUALLY walked in. My sister had only met one of them that night, and so had not described her appearance to me, and yet she was exactly the same person both times.
Posted Image

#14 natti

natti

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

I think you should think of this incident as a good thing. You`re getting to know another side of yourself. This is exciting.. or it can be. It depends on you and how much you belive in yourself. I can relate to your experience.

#15 vermin

vermin

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

While attending art school, I lived in an apartment complex that was known to be very active.  A high rise apartment building that had previously served as a home for senior citizens.  A few elderly folks still lived there, and others...still dwelled.  In one of the apartments I had lived in, it was a very common occurrence to hear knocking at my bedroom door when nobody else was there.  But even more common were the knocks on the wall.  I found this especially odd, because the wall faced the outside of the building.  There was nothing on the outside of the wall other than brick and thin air.  Not to mention, we were 7 stories up.  The number of knocks seemed random.  But the longer I would stay in the bedroom, the more frequently they occurred.  This would continue until I would acknowledge that they were there, and politely ask them to stop so I could rest, or have some peace and quiet.  And then they did.  So, I always just interpreted such things as someone trying to say "Hey, I'm here.  Notice me", and never felt threatened or frightened by them.

#16 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

One time I lived in an apartment complex built over Indian burial ground. I always had activity there. But one night I went in my room that had one of those walk in closets. And to this day I have never forgot the knocks thaf came from it. Luckily me and my son was staying at a friend that night. I never opened it to see what it was that night either. I booked it out the door.

Edited by Portia2012, 22 May 2014 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#17 aZnch1nK916

aZnch1nK916

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Maybe someone just doorbell ditched you?

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

I've had my bedroom door knocked on like that, when I know my Mom wasn't there to do it. I've also heard the sound of someone scratching/drumming their nails, three times, on my bedroom door. By drumming I mean, hitting their fingernails, one after the other in a rapid succession, index, middle, ring, then pinkie.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

I'd have said nikki nikki nine door (what we call ding dong ditch in Canada). The last time I had that happen was when I was a child. And it was every door in the house at once, even the inside ones. So I'd say it's a bit different. I wish I knew what to tell anyone about this.

#20 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

moiraesfate, I hear yeah, it's the not knowing who or what causing it and why, that makes it so frustrating.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users