God Doesn't Like Me

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Teperehmi

Teperehmi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, drawing, 80's rock, my guitars, live music!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

I don't know what's going on but I feel like everyone/thing's abandoned me.  I don't know where my spirit guides went (or why they don't seem to be helping anymore).   I believe in karma. I always try to be a good person. I try to be cheerful, enthusiastic, a hard worker.  But everything seems to have turned against me lately.  In the last two weeks, I got lectured at for no longer being happy at my part time job.  That was followed by losing my full time job due to "budget."  Then the other day I found out a good friend died.  I need something good to happen.  I don't think I can handle it if another thing goes wrong.  Spirit guides, etc don't take vacations do they?  I honestly feel like God doesn't like me.  I've kind of felt that way for awhile.  My mom always says that her prayers are always answered.  The night before I lost my job (and before my friend died), I prayed for one good thing to happen.  Losing my job and my friend were not what I meant by good things.  sad.gif
Posted Image

#2 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:26 PM

Hi Tep, So sorry you are going through such a down time. Is it possible that because you didnt get what you wanted, subconsiously you turned your back on God? I realized a long time ago, we dont always get what we want, we take what we are given. God doesnt make our decisions, we do. We cant pray to him for something and other times be angry at him. I would say its time to maybe pray for "strength" to get through this difficult time, and try not to bargain cause it wont work. Dont pray cause you have to, pray cause you want to, and things will look up in the future. We all go thru very hard times, yet we all have gotten through it, but it takes faith and strength. Good Luck my friend. bunny.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Dear Tep, I am so sorry you are going through this rough period.  Especially when you feel you don't deserve it.

God never, ever deserts you.  Neither do your spirit guides.  Their love is constant and everlasting.  Since you believe in karma, you know that nothing happens to you that you have not set in motion. If you think they're not around, know that they have just stepped aside so you can pay off karma.  They do not take vacations and they are there 24/7.  Your guide is also suffering with you because she was human too and knows your feelings.  She loves you very much.

I think you lost your full time job because there's another, better one waiting in the wings for you.  And if truth be told, you didn't like that job very much anyway, did you?  So that was really not a bad thing, was it?

I am sorry about your friend, but he's very happy now.  Of that you can be sure.

As for the good thing, look in the drawer for that thing you have been seeking.  I know you've looked in that drawer before and it wasn't there, but it'll be there this time.  It's a sign from your guide that she's there for you.

And remember:  once karma is paid and the lesson is learned, you never have to go through it again.

God bless you and be happy.  bunny.gif

#4 ChildofTwo

ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Spiritualism
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

I've heard that sometimes when live gets very hectic and we're not concentrated on the other side as much due to the stress levels of day-to-day issues, we sometimes lose our ability to speak to our Spirit Guides and/or Guardian Angels because of it. I think that they never truly left you, and they care about you very much, but it may take some time before they can show themselves to you. You may also might need to open up to the signs around you because I do sense that they've tried to contact you before, but like I said, life has been a little too hectic for you to notice. You know?

We're given lessons in life, and hardships, that are a test of will and what we can stand during the heartaches/emotional bruises we receive, but blaming God will not solve your problems - it may only make life worse because you're taking a positive -light- out of your life in a way. I know death can be a difficult thing to overcome, but understand that your Spirit Guides (and even God) haven't abandoned you, they're just harder to hear/see/feel right now than usual, and they do know you're in pain.

I really hope this helps. *hugs*

#5 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

God's love for you is perfect, and never wavers.  That is something you can count on.  Things will get better!
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#6 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

Have you heard the phrase into every life a little rain must fall....but every cloud has a silver lining?

Listen, nobody's life is perfect.  I don't know one soul in my 57 years of being on this planet who has not gone thru a rough time at some time in their life.

Your friend died because God called them home and it was their time to go.  You lost your job because times are tough.  God is not punishing you, nor has God forsaken you.

I am a firm believer that He never closes a door if he doesn't open a window of opportunity.  You will be getting a better job within 3 months.  This has forced you out into the world again to seek the job you need and deserve.

God doesn't say I will take you around this situation, I will take you over it....He says...I will get you through it.  We may not want to go thru situations, but we do.

We all have problems.  My son is a heroin addict; I am raising his daughter who is 3 and I am 57; we are in court because she was abused by her mom, live in boyfriend and brother.  I live with the fear everyday, and have for 10 years that my son will die.  Now I can either dwell on it OR I can go on with life and do the best I can for my grandbaby and try to have a life.

I know what it's like to lose faith and I am ashamed to say, I have stood there and looked up at the sky and cursed God.  I blamed Him for everything that happened, but I know it is not his fault....it is free will.  My son made bad choices and still does, those ba****ds chose to abuse my granddaughter.  Thank God she told me and now they will all hopefully be going to prison for a very long time.  She never has to see or deal with those scum buckets again and hopefully with her weekly counseling we can work thru it and she can have a good life.  Do you think I don't want to go over there and kill every one of those ___________.   angry2.gif for what they did to an innocent baby???????

Life happens.  We lose jobs, people die, people get sick.  It just happens.

Go outside, sit under a tree, take your shoes off and connect with the Earth Mother.  God already knows how you feel and He IS there.  Cry, scream, yell, cuss, let it all out and get it out of your system.  Then realize you can't sweat the small stuff, do what you can to help yourself and be the best person you can be.

Sometimes life isn't fair.  Sometimes it down right s u c k s.  

You lost that job for a reason.  Except it.  You were looking for a job when you landed that one.  You will find another one.  Your friend spent their appointed time on Earth and it was time for them to return to the Other Side.

Your glass is either half empty or half full.  I have had days when I can barely force myself to get up and face another day.  I have had more than my share of dark days thanks to my son's addiction.

Your guides are still there.  They are doing their job.  They guide you, not coddle you.  It's their job to allow you to grow and experience life even when it's rough.

Be glad you are healthy.  Make a list of 10 things you are grateful for.

Honey, life could always be 10 times worse.  I know you are upset now, but this too shall pass.

Don't give up on God, He never gives up on you, but I do believe we are tested at times.

Blessings,

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#7 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

Go on the internet and look at pictures of hummingbirds.  They are the symbol for JOY.

What other things make you happy?

I like to look at pictures of old victorian houses; old doors, waterfalls, fall scenes.

Go to jigzone.com and do some of their fantastic puzzles.  They have beautiful ones to pick from.  I do them daily, first thing in the morning to jump start my brain.

Envoke joy into your life.
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#8 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Amethyst @ Jul 29 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go on the internet and look at pictures of hummingbirds.  They are the symbol for JOY.

What other things make you happy?

I like to look at pictures of old victorian houses; old doors, waterfalls, fall scenes.

Go to jigzone.com and do some of their fantastic puzzles.  They have beautiful ones to pick from.  I do them daily, first thing in the morning to jump start my brain.

Envoke joy into your life.

This is such great advice.  Just find a little something that brings you joy and partake of it.

#9 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

there's 2 parts of that saying...

"all prayers are answered...
but sometimes the answer is no..." (or rather "not now")

lots of people are having hard times now, it will pass.
Hang in there and focus on the good stuff.

Do you have your health?
People who love you?
a safe home?

look for reasons to have gratitude.

---

having trouble getting out of bed, sounds like depression...
it may be worth while to see a psyc professional... start looking in the phone book for  
places with Family Services in their names. (Jewish Family Svc, Catholic family services, Lutheran etc....  they almost always have free or nearly free counseling and support services.
JFS saved my life.)

Edited by trin, 29 July 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#10 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

Everyone feels that God has abandoned them at one point or another. It will pass, I assure you.

#11 Guest_Silent Walker_*

Guest_Silent Walker_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:18 AM

I believe that the following poem may help:

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

#12 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

Silent Walker, you and I were thinking the same thing!

Footprints always brings tears to my eyes.

Tep, I know that things may seem bleak now, but (sorry if this sounds cliche') it is always darkest before the dawn. You may think that nothing is going right for you now, but things will turn around.

Amethyst and others have given you some wonderful advice.

I know it may seem hard to do it now, but remember the law of attraction.... Like attracts like. Keep your chin up, stay positive, and things WILL turn around. Give it time.

God doesn't hate you.. He never gives one person more than they can handle. You'll make it. :)

#13 Ash_of_Erin

Ash_of_Erin

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

God does like you and love you. Sometimes we have to experience bad things because God wants us to learn from them and become stronger people because of them. Don't put your faith into spirit guides...put your faith and trust in Christ, or God (or whatever higher being you believe in).
Posted Image

#14 nansents

nansents

Orb

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

You are in a system controlled by Satan! Stay with your Faith and keep exercising it in prayer, god will strengthen and deliver you! He is the ultimate weapon!!!

#15 lissybird

lissybird

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

Tep, friend, God likes and loves you. As do we, your Ghoststudy Community / Paranormal Soup family.

*mega hugs*

Everyone here has wonderful points, feedback, wisdom, and advice.

Step outside, Tep. Enjoy nature. Watch the butterflies, listen to birdsong.

I've been told that beautiful breezes and wonderful winds are like hugs from loved ones. :yes:
Since Summer 2005, haunting GS/PS
Prissy Lissy!
Formerly eaj (elizabeth anne jane) and tara juliet
Pooky Fan!

#16 CuriousAngel81

CuriousAngel81

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:I love photography, reading a good book, nature, anything paranormal and music. An I love the challenge of trying to figure out my spiritual side and going through the process of find it. Lastly, I love to learn about very old mysteries, or on what you see on the national geographic channels.

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

Teperehmi...

You are not alone. As many others have already said, it happens. Take me for example, I had a good time period of thinking God hates me and that everything else around me is falling apart, dead end to everything. I felt alone, depressed and I didn't believe in anything. An until I met my current boyfriend. Even to close to two years later, I believe it was God who sent him to me. Cause even though, he has his down spouts like anyone else, he gives me life. Makes me believe and when I need to smile and to rebelieve in my faith again, he gets me to see a butterfly and I just end taking a deep breath and I am on track again. I learned that God has a plan for everyone. The past year, everything that has happened to me, I believe it was Gods plan ( i might not like everything he is doing but he knows what he is doing). Like he meant for me to learn that lesson or experience it, etc.

Your time will come where you will have your Ah-HA moment like me. Just take what you are going through as God trying to teach you something. Look between the lines that God is trying to teach you (as my boyfriend would say). An like others said, go out and be with mother nature. Trust me, it helps to do and see things that make you feel good and alive. You will find that job you deserve and love from every direction when the time comes. Just talk to God, he is always listening and when you are ready, he will show you the way. As for me, I am just waiting for that good job to come along. It's the only thing I am waiting for God to open the door with. The rest I know will fall into place after that. Keep your faith my friend... it will take you places. :)

((HUGS))

-A

P.S. An your Guides will never leave you (as I learned myself) they are just trying to get you to see something and to just be quiet until they need to step in. Stay strong!

"Something tells me I am not alone!"-A

My Evps

#17 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

You got lectured because obviously your unhappiness with your part time job is showing.  Maybe you got lectured because they don't want to have to fire you for letting your feelings get in the way of your job.  Not a sign that God doesn't like you -- more of a sign that maybe God is trying to help you.

You got let go from your other job because of the "budget" -- well there are millions of people out of work for the same reason,  so why is that personal.  The economy is messed up because "God doesn't like Teperehmi?  Ok,  it's maybe not a good thing,  but did you ever consider that you are not 60 years old,  with a ton of bills,  no family,  and no other income and are 60 days from being homeless because of the economy.   The way I see it,  you have good things,  you have a home,  a family,  and are young enough to get another job,  so what more do you want.

As for your mother always having her prayers answered -- maybe she understands what to pray for,  as well as understanding that God answers in his own way and his own time.   And many time the answer is "no".

#18 Teperehmi

Teperehmi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, drawing, 80's rock, my guitars, live music!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

First I want to thank everyone for your posts!  That's why I love Ghoststudy...there's always people willing to listen and help! :)

And I really did try to take everyone's suggestions.  And for awhile I think it might have been working.  I've been getting my energy back...slowly.  Was back in the running for a Management position.  Slowly but surely getting applications and resumes out.  Had a bit more money saved up than I had thought.  Had better friends than I thought as well offering to help me out if it came down to it.

But then today I went to go work on my book (my book that I have been working on for four years) and it was gone.  Completely gone.  I had saved it on my computer and my flash drive and both are gone.  This may seem like a little thing to you but consider this.  I spent FOUR years on it.  At times I was writing every night until 4am or later.  I was planning on getting it published.  I worked on it so much that each sentence was perfect.  Each word.  Each character.  It meant more to me than anything.  And now it's gone.  I just can't figure it out.  Everything that makes me happy is getting taken away.  I feel like quitting.
Posted Image

#19 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

View PostTeperehmi, on 01 October 2010 - 09:12 PM, said:

First I want to thank everyone for your posts!  That's why I love Ghoststudy...there's always people willing to listen and help! :)

And I really did try to take everyone's suggestions.  And for awhile I think it might have been working.  I've been getting my energy back...slowly.  Was back in the running for a Management position.  Slowly but surely getting applications and resumes out.  Had a bit more money saved up than I had thought.  Had better friends than I thought as well offering to help me out if it came down to it.

But then today I went to go work on my book (my book that I have been working on for four years) and it was gone.  Completely gone.  I had saved it on my computer and my flash drive and both are gone.  This may seem like a little thing to you but consider this.  I spent FOUR years on it.  At times I was writing every night until 4am or later.  I was planning on getting it published.  I worked on it so much that each sentence was perfect.  Each word.  Each character.  It meant more to me than anything.  And now it's gone.  I just can't figure it out.  Everything that makes me happy is getting taken away.  I feel like quitting.
Hi Teperehmi,

Good grief!  That is a heartbreaking thing to have happen.  I completely understand how it would crush your spirit to pour yourself into something for four years and then have it vanish.  I am very sorry to hear this happened.

I do not want to give you false hopes, but your book may be able to be recovered.  Have you looked into that at all?

The flash drive is not a good prospect.  If data is missing from a flash drive, it probably means that it never downloaded properly in the first place.  They can fool you ike that sometimes.  Flash drives are not really very dependable compared to other types of media storage.  

The computer itself is a different matter, though.  Data rarely goes away completely on a computer, even if it is corrupted or deleted.  I suggest that you contact a professional and ask them about data recovery.  There is a chance that you could get your book back.  I very much hope you can recover it and get it published.

Whatever happens with the book, please do not think in terms of it being "taken away" from you.  The loss of your book, you job, and your freind are all heartbreaking events, but they are not connected, and there is no metaphysical entity that is causing these things to happen to you.  Things like this happen every minute of every day all over the world.  It is simply the human condition.  I know that does not make these horrible experiences any easier to bear.  We just have to bear them as well as we can. Life is a series of events that we can not control. We only get to decide how to react to them.  Our reactions are important.  Our reactions are the only way we have to give our lives meaning.

From my way of looking at it, that is the whole point of life. If there is a meaning to any of what has happened to you, it is to be found in how you deal with it.  You had a beautiful book inside of you.  It is still in there.  Are you going to let a computer glitch keep you from sharing it with us?  I don't know anything about your book, other than that you poured yourself into it for four years.  That's enough to know that I want to read it.  

Try recovering your wonderful book.  If that does not work, hitch up your pants, sit down and start again.  If it was as important to you as it seems, it is worth not giving up on.  On your deathbed(hopefully many years from now)can either say: "I wrote a beautiful book" or you can say: " I had something amazing inside of me, but I gave up on it."  Which do you want to be able to say?

I hope this helps a little.  Feel free to PM me if you want.

Love, Canis

#20 CuriousAngel81

CuriousAngel81

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:I love photography, reading a good book, nature, anything paranormal and music. An I love the challenge of trying to figure out my spiritual side and going through the process of find it. Lastly, I love to learn about very old mysteries, or on what you see on the national geographic channels.

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

View PostCaniswalensisGStudy, on 02 October 2010 - 05:52 AM, said:

Hi Teperehmi,

Good grief!  That is a heartbreaking thing to have happen.  I completely understand how it would crush your spirit to pour yourself into something for four years and then have it vanish.  I am very sorry to hear this happened.

I do not want to give you false hopes, but your book may be able to be recovered.  Have you looked into that at all?

The flash drive is not a good prospect.  If data is missing from a flash drive, it probably means that it never downloaded properly in the first place.  They can fool you ike that sometimes.  Flash drives are not really very dependable compared to other types of media storage.  

The computer itself is a different matter, though.  Data rarely goes away completely on a computer, even if it is corrupted or deleted.  I suggest that you contact a professional and ask them about data recovery.  There is a chance that you could get your book back.  I very much hope you can recover it and get it published.

Whatever happens with the book, please do not think in terms of it being "taken away" from you.  The loss of your book, you job, and your freind are all heartbreaking events, but they are not connected, and there is no metaphysical entity that is causing these things to happen to you.  Things like this happen every minute of every day all over the world.  It is simply the human condition.  I know that does not make these horrible experiences any easier to bear.  We just have to bear them as well as we can. Life is a series of events that we can not control. We only get to decide how to react to them.  Our reactions are important.  Our reactions are the only way we have to give our lives meaning.

From my way of looking at it, that is the whole point of life. If there is a meaning to any of what has happened to you, it is to be found in how you deal with it.  You had a beautiful book inside of you.  It is still in there.  Are you going to let a computer glitch keep you from sharing it with us?  I don't know anything about your book, other than that you poured yourself into it for four years.  That's enough to know that I want to read it.  

Try recovering your wonderful book.  If that does not work, hitch up your pants, sit down and start again.  If it was as important to you as it seems, it is worth not giving up on.  On your deathbed(hopefully many years from now)can either say: "I wrote a beautiful book" or you can say: " I had something amazing inside of me, but I gave up on it."  Which do you want to be able to say?

I hope this helps a little.  Feel free to PM me if you want.

Love, Canis

Well said Canis...well said.  :good:

-A
"Something tells me I am not alone!"-A

My Evps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users