• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Believer@16

Believer@16

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Tonight I was watching Ghost Hunters International, and  One the first part of the programme was a man that owned a large castle he was telling the Ghost team about what happened to his mother. She was standing at a window and saw people in the court yard before in old fashioned clothing.

a member of the ghost hunter team said It was known as  Time Slip where a person can see something happening from the past as singe event or a series of events.

Thinking about this after he said it. I have had 2 time slips happen to me. in the past.

The first one. I was in Canterbury  There I now a small Museum  type place    I went in on the top level I was walking about  then I went down as set of stone steps. All of a sudden I just stopped. I felt beside me the presence of a Monk.  I felt that he was dressed in a brown robe. This was to my Left  side. I was  frightened to look. He was telling me a story. Then I had a vision of a  sandy dirt path and  saw a old fashioned wooden cart with spoke wheels being pulled along.I  could see no one pulling this cart   but I did see it moving very slow.  That was it, It was over in a matter of seconds but it felt like about 5 minutes I was seeing this.
After  I felt the monk had gone. I had feeling he wasn't good Monk.

I will tell you about my other Time Slip later.  

Has anyone else on this forum had this happen to them or can explain more about Time slips.

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

No I have not experienced anything like that.

#3 Believer@16

Believer@16

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

Thank you for your reply.

#4 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,528 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

Pretty sure the term "time slip" infers a residual haunting that keeps replaying, not a literal portal into the past. At least in this context

Edited by Vlawde, 21 March 2015 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image

#5 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostVlawde, on 21 March 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Pretty sure the term "time slip" infers a residual haunting that keeps replaying, not a literal portal into the past. At least in this context
Ok I was going to ask how they are different.... but then I thought I should probably already know and decided not ask:)

#6 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostBeliever@16, on 21 March 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Thank you for your reply.
You are welcome :)  it wasn't of much help I'm afraid.

#7 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 21 March 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Do I believe in Residual Hauntings?  Nope.

But I am rather fond of the words or is it phrase, "Time Slips".

James Gilberd writes a blog, Ectoplasmic Residue, on the Residual Haunting.  He provides some thought provoking links and selects an excellent example of what he considers to be a Residual Haunting and politely steps on the "Stone Tape Theory".

I don't care about any of that mostly because it's outside of my interests until he speaks the words "Time Slip", when time is so worn that it slips, like a belt on a turn wheel that has seen its day and is promising to stop working properly amd create problems.  Problems with reality in general, for some of us.  Yes, time is about to break down.

I'm going to leave it at that except to say I don't know how time breaks down (my guess is that we have manipulated it to serve our purposes) yet how we have come to interpret it is not quite clear...not yet anyway.

He talks about what he calls an intelligent haunting but makes the assumption that it represents a soul.  I do not think it is necessary to take it that far.  I liked keeping it simple.

Residual Hauntings?  Nope.  If it is occurring in the present, it is happening NOW.  A slip in time?  I like it much better than Residual Haunting.

How is it happening is far more interesting than anything else on the plate.  IMO

Enjoy!  http://strangeoccurr...sidual-haunting
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#8 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:14 PM

Never really thought of it this way. Very interesting and something I will be studying up on a little more.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:35 AM

Interesting topic looking forward to your other encounter. Here is a link I found interesting on time slips  http://www.smithsoni...5698485/?no-ist
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,209 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:06 AM

I much prefer the term "time slips" to "residual haunting". I have never given much credence to the term "residual haunting".
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#11 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

View Postklainey, on 18 September 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

Interesting topic looking forward to your other encounter. Here is a link I found interesting on time slips  http://www.smithsoni...5698485/?no-ist

It was an interesting read and I took note of what the historian had to say yet his link was no longer available at the Smithsonian site.  As far as the two boys who later contacted one another to explore this experience lets me know that something different happened to them.  I also know that with some individuals, the event may have been so disturbing to them that they literally choose to forget it.  I cannot argue with the historians other ideas on what he thought might have happened because I'm not going to research it myself. lol

But I found some more:

http://mysteriousuni...temporal-slips/

Enjoy!!
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:47 PM

View PostMenet, on 02 October 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

It was an interesting read and I took note of what the historian had to say yet his link was no longer available at the Smithsonian site.  As far as the two boys who later contacted one another to explore this experience lets me know that something different happened to them.  I also know that with some individuals, the event may have been so disturbing to them that they literally choose to forget it.  I cannot argue with the historians other ideas on what he thought might have happened because I'm not going to research it myself. lol

But I found some more:

http://mysteriousuni...temporal-slips/

Enjoy!!

Did you mean "the Indian rope trick published in Nature demonstrated..."? If so, here it is: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE INDIAN ROPE TRICK

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:20 AM

Thank you, Mac.  I browsed through it.  I'll take a thorough read when I'm not pressed for time.

I read the introduction to the paper, Wiseman stood out and I knew was in trouble.  lol  I agreed with it.  I know how long winded this was gonna be and it wasn't a matter of life and death.  The introduction was good enough.

The Historian's facts concerning the age of the village would be disconcerting to strangers I could agree with although fifteen year old minds are alert and eager, this was an assignment...so I found depersonalization (and that other word) a bit much.  If they suffered from such things all the time or even half the time I think we could call it a problem.  But to pull it out of your hat in defense of what is "real" all of the time is a bit much.

And I can concede to the Historian's facts concerning talking something to death with another who wasn't clear on what had happened but knew something happened...well...suffice to say that's not going to stand up under scrutiny but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen and I have an old friend that I shared an occurrence with.  We've never talked about it since that day some 30 years ago.  She's contacted me recently and wants to get together.  I'm not going to verbally refresh her memory.  I'm going to drive us there and see what happens.  To see if she remembers it.

Do I think that she will remember it...I don't know.  We've never talked about it.  lol

The Historian made some good points but this might not have been a Time Slip, it might have been something else entirely different yet time was a factor.  It left an impression with one of them.

Edited by Menet, 04 October 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#14 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

I really have never had anything resembling a time slip. It's very interesting that you have, especially twice. One would think it would happen at most once in a lifetime. Rather than actually being there, you may be seeing through the eyes of a spirit from that time period, which is interesting in itself. Perhaps you have some kind of pull that allows these spirits to show you these things. There could even be a reason why they are showing you. It's not a possession exactly, more like a replay of things that happened in their time period. Quite fascinating.

#15 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:57 PM

This proves time travel!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:47 PM

:anim_63:

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Took me a minute.  lol  Plus I remembered to that Historians work with 2nd hand information themselves.  Ultimately, it is guess work.

Yes, I'm slow on the uptake from time to time.

Edited by Menet, 06 October 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

I hope what I'm about to say makes sense, it concerns about the possibility of forward timeslips, I've always wondered, when you have a sense of De jevue, could that be from a forward timeslip. Your brain just couldn't comprehend the situation. So, it makes you not remember the event and files the information away, into your subconscious. You don't remember it happening, but when it happens in the future, you'll get the sense of De jevue, like you've seen, been or done that before. It's just a thought.

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 06 October 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

I hope what I'm about to say makes sense, it concerns about the possibility of forward timeslips, I've always wondered, when you have a sense of De jevue, could that be from a forward timeslip. Your brain just couldn't comprehend the situation. So, your it makes you not remember the event and files the information away, into your subconscious. You don't remember it happening, but when it happens in the future, you'll get the sense of De jevue, like you've seen, been or done that before. It's just a thought.

You make perfect sense, the brain does file the information (images, sounds, smells) into your subconscious, where it immediately becomes a memory.
But a fraction of a second later the information enters your consciousness, and it feels like "hey...this happened to me before". Which is true...it happened to you a fraction of a second ago.

#20 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:59 AM

Just FYI, tonight Dave Schrader hosts coast to coast am. Topic is time slips
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users