• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

Sounds odd, but was actually really peaceful; a little too peaceful.....

A few yrs back, when my kids were still in elementary school- I had a cold. No biggie; I was tired, sniffly, sneezy ... but being self employed, and no family near- I just downed tylenal and kept up with errands. My husband was out of town S.F. area-for the day meeting with a client. Important- advertising moves quickly, so as an agency we need to be right there when a client requires updates and changes to ads, etc.

....but I was tired about 45 minutes before time to pick up the kids from school.

And I set a timer for 1/2 hr so I could lay down. But when I did- I fell asleep very fast. It was like a dream except I 'felt' everything.

I saw myself napping, but then I was in pitch black. I don't like super darkness(for reals,I am a night light person)...but this wasnt scary at all. I was being nudged by something, and I did see a dog!? It was an overly sized German Shepherd dog, whose fur was short and nose and ears black, and the rest a dark brown. So I pet it. I remember how its fur felt-short and kind of course; but smooth. It wagged its tail...and stepped ahead;waiting for me to catch up.

I did, and scratched its head, which it liked and wagged its tail....but stepped ahead again - looking back for me to catch up. I did and pet it again(it was more the size of a Great Dane). And then I felt a little tired so held onto its collar around it neck, and just walked beside it.

It just wagged its tail, kept looking at me - but I realized a 'feeling' was starting to happen in my hand. (Holding the collar) It was super peaceful- I wasn't anxious or stressed at all(unusual for me!) and I realized that feeling was moving up my arm and to my shoulder. It was sooo calm and there wasn't a upsetting memory of any past trauma I have coped with as a child, or sadness losing a loved one- only this total quiet and calm...and happy feeling.

The dog kept walking (still in the pitch black) and that 'calm feeling' creeped up my neck, into my face and started down the side of my body.....and I suddenly realized I could let myself be totally in calm; just let that feeling take me over, and I would be ok. But, it occurred to me ; not a thought of death- but more like if I let myself 'go' , keep strolling with the peaceful (huge) dog, I wouldn't wake up. It was so nice to be 'free' of any worry and know everyone would be fine and safe-but it felt urgent for me to 'wake' up. It kicked in that the kids would be out of sch and I needed to pick them up.....so I forced myself to say goodbye to 'Shadow'(I nicknamed that etheric dog, for its black nose)...It was reallyyyy difficult personally to deny such a 'lightness' or calm feeling, it was very palpable, and nothing I have ever felt before.

...but there it is; not a super splashy experience a except the fact that I felt it was a choice-keep going and be at a peace its hard to describe, but NOT be able to 'come back' - or, force myself awake, say goodbye to the unusual dog- and get my patoot into the car and get the kiddos and be back in my day (or life).

Not sure why I would experience something like that, when I wasn't super sick, or in an accident or had a heart attack etc. Just a tylenal for yucky sniffly stuff. I've been much more ill (like terrible asthma attacks when I was little)....so I still wonder if it was out-of-body, or ????, I don't know.

Anyone had anything like that before? This was veryyyy calm, not scary. (Later, thinking on it , I wondered what outcomes may have been, geez)
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,528 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Sounds like an internal struggle. You wanted/needed rest badly, but were aware you had something you had to do. Likely manifested in your dream  ;)
Posted Image

#3 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for your input! ..... I hadn't mentioned though- that for about 3 days after that odd dream or whatever experience, I would be ,maybe doing dishes or other normal chores, and I would ask what one of my kiddos needed since they were leaning against my leg....but I was speaking to no one! After 2 times of that- and not having a child (we didn't have any pets at the time) leaning against me...is how I just thought.."ohhhh, Shadow is here!" That happened a lot during those few 'post' experience days. Then stopped.

I know it sounds weird, but if we do have etheric ones watching over us-or guides; it seems like at that time....mine was a dog! That's fine with me! LoL~
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

It sounds like your Totem Animal. It's an animal, which is your spirit guide. My Brother has a black wolf as his Totem Animal.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,528 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:24 PM

Black panther here

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

Ooo, wicked cool!

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:12 PM

Wow, yes.....there have been times when hummingbirds('doing the seemingly impossible, possible') have dived bombed me,flew up to my face and hung there for a bit, flew into my jeep(!?), zoom up to my kitchen window as I did dishes and hung out..., I was, "ok, were is my 'Animal Speak' book! So-I agree...perhaps 'canine' or 'dog' could be my (a) totem~ I know 'Spider' or 'grandmother spider' has been before....spiders everywhere I went! I am not scared of em,(grew up in redwood forests)..and often we weave our web and don't realize what stresses can happen if we aren't mindful.....were is my 'Animal Speak' book again! We moved...'canine' ...hmmm~

#8 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:33 PM

Ooh! Amazing tat! Wow bl.panther...'cheetah'(solitary, does not roar but can purr,likes to be aware,needs to rest because she uses large amounts of energy to survive-run,get food)' ..had been constantly in my dreams at one point.. a commercial,poster, one of my kids suddenly being assigned an essay on cheetah,like everywhere I went! I have a little cheetah figure on my dresser-well a spider and hummingbird too!....well 'fox' too.(can climb trees like a feline-its stride is feline like, is super nervous and cautious.['sly like a fox'].but many of its traights are canine, as it is 'canine')  

But yes, that's a very impressive bl.panther tatoo! Thanks for the pic!(How did panther make itself known to you Vlawdegstudy?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users