paranormal caught on video ghosts poltergeist

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 MarkLeecook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Was looking around Youtube (as you do) and stumbled across this video, no idea if it is real or not but looked quite convincing, wondered what others who might be more "in the know" thought?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QrkRApfn9O8

#2 lordcactusjack

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. like: Stuff, stuff, and more stuff I'm to lazy to type.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Sadly. Could easily be faked....
My Signature

#3 Ghost hunter Denmark

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:My son (my biggest achievement ever), Ghost hunting, Building plastic model cars (Hot rods, show rods), Fire and rescue

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

I think this is fake, due to the way the rocking horse moves. When it starts to move, the front end slowly lifts upwards, and then the front end moves down quite fast. It looks to me like it would look, if you pulled the front end up using a string, and then lets it fall down again.
After it starts to rock, I think the moving pattern continues to look like the front end is beeing pulled up, by a string.
So in short, the moving pattern looks suspecious to me...
My Signature

Posted Image

Some things has to be believed - To be seen...

#4 chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Have to agree could be easily faked.My main problem is that the internet is soaked with so called poltergiest videos,some even run their own series of so called "Activity".It would be a crying shame to think that they're may be one or two i have watched that are actually true.I once read a report from a scientist (cant remember his name though) who reckons that there is at least one poltergiest haunting within a 10-20 mile radius of where you live (given that you dwell within a city/town)
My Signature
Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#5 MarkLeecook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the replies, I know what you mean about it being easy (ish) to fake, it's just looking at it, where would the string go? I have looked at it a number of times and I can't make out any string and I was also wondering where the string would go? Meaning so that you could pull it without being on camera yourself, seems you would need a sort of complex pulley system to organise it properly.

#6 mat k

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Fishing line even of the finest breaking strain would be enough to move the horse without breaking, and be invisible to the camera especially in that low light condition.
My Signature

We Fall so we can pick ourselves up again

#7 MarkLeecook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Hi Matt,

I was more thinking about the physics of where you would hook the fishing line to. To get an upward motion you would have to pull the line upwards, maybe someone off camera stood on top of a ladder?

#8 mat k

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

It would be easier to tie the line at the back of the horses head and pull from the right out of shot.
My Signature

We Fall so we can pick ourselves up again

#9 MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

I agree with the probably faked decision, but if you think about it, a child riding a rocking horse first pulls back and then rocks forward. As they increase speed, the forward motion becomes more pronounced. (I have three kids, at one time three under the age of five). It is the sudden stopping that gets me...
My Signature
Who you gonna call?

#10 MarkLeecook

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

That makes sense Mat, thanks, was trying to get my head around it and made it more complicated than it needed to be!

#11 SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm wondering if there is a string of fishing line going from the bottom of the horse's front leg, then running around the front leg of the crib and out to the left.  The operator pulls the fishing line to make the horse rock, and then runs the film backwards to make it look like it starts up on its own (since it moves backwards before it moves forward, a seeming impossibility if it was rigged).  Just my thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com