© Fisana

What Are The Odds...?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:16 AM

I have my old gaming laptop that I use as a media server.  I have a newer laptop that my daughter had borrowed and now the AC adapter is MIA.  I could not find the AC adapter and needed to do my taxes last night.  So, I used my media laptop with my wireless keyboard and mouse from my recliner and had the video on my TV.

The KB was left on after the last use and I had top put in new batteries.  I started doing my taxes with turbo tax.  When I got to the field to put all of my information in for my W2 and was on the line to type in the name of the city....my KB stopped working.  I removed and reinserted the batteries. Nothing.  I got some new batteries and put them in.  KB is now working fine.  I get to the next W2 and the KB dies when I try to put the name of the city in.  Now I am not happy.

I go get my digital volt meter and another set of batteries.  The new batteries I just got out of the box were 1.68V, the 2 sets I used just a bit ago both read 1.65-1.66.  The KB is working again.  When entering the 3rd W2, the KB died again when putting in the street address just above the city.

I had to borrow my daughters KB from her desktop to plug into the laptop and finish my taxes.  I'm glad they are done!

As a computer engineer who works for a processor design company....the odds of the KB having issues at the same place have to be astronomical.  Just one of those things that make you go Hmmm.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

Sounds like you had a prankster with you. Who doesn't like tax time.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

Lol, the ghosties are like "If I can't do my taxes, than neither can you!"
Posted Image

#4 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

LOL...it crossed my mind that I was getting pranked by something.  It made me laugh thinking about it.

Had a couple of things happen last night.  The type of things that finally made me start a journal.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:34 AM

Lou, don't keep us waiting! What did you have happen?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:39 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 19 April 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

Lou, don't keep us waiting! What did you have happen?

Our 2 pit bulls were in the back yard.  It was getting close to dusk and my daughter and granddaughter were eating at the dining room table.  My daughters little dog was still in the house and heard the baby in the high chair.  The small dog, cookie, runs down the stairs and into the kitchen towards the high chair.  Once cookie got to the kitchen tile floor, she stopped rather than running straight under the high chair.  Cookie was looking straight into the laundry room (which the door is right next to the high chair).  She stared for a few seconds and then re positioned herself to the side to see more of the laundry room from her position.  Then she went crazy.  Barking like crazy.  More aggressive than what we have ever seen out of her.  I got up and checked the laundry room and the garage which there are 2 other doors in the laundry room.  One goes to the garage and the other to the game room above the garage.  I check the garage too.  Nothing was out of place and nothing was there that I could see.  Cookie did not linger in the kitchen when I came back in.  The baby was done eating anyways.  Cookie went and hid under my wifes foot rest of her recliner.  Cookie very rarely does this as she has been squished a few times in the past when we closed the foot rest and didn't know she was there.  The dogs all acted normal the rest of the night.

When I got home that day, I went to our bedroom and saw my wife had removed the sheets to wash and the new sheets were still folded and sitting on the bed.  I went ahead and put the clean sheets on and made the bed.  I went to bed that night around 10.  I climbed in bed and laid down on my back.  I dont lay like this often, but I had tweaked my lower back a short time back.  I turned off the light and had noticed that laying on my back with the bed freshly made has all of my toes folded downward.  The comforter and sheets were perfectly flat with the exception of my body under them.  This is different from the norm as we dont really make our bed each morning.  We just flop the covers back in a lazy sort of way.  Anyways, in less than a minute after turning off the light and thinking about how my toes might feel if I stay like this.  The comforter was yanked from the foot of my wifes side of the bed.  The comforter wasn't pulled off the bed or anything like that.  My toes, all tight and folded under the sheets and comforter, could easily feel the yank of the comforter.  Our dogs are not allowed in our bedroom and were not in there.  My wife stays up later than I do and was still in the living room.  I was the only one in there.  It was almost like you would grab the edge of a blanket and give it a tug

Edited by LouczarGStudy, 19 April 2018 - 04:41 AM.

Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:55 AM

Lol, were you thinking you might want your toes free?  Lol, you know what they say about being careful what you wish for. :confused0068:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 19 April 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

Lol, were you thinking you might want your toes free?  Lol, you know what they say about being careful what you wish for. :confused0068:

here's the funny thing.  I did not go look in the game room.  There was a good reason not to.

I mentioned some time back that I was hoping to get my son to share his experiences when he lived in the house with us.  He declined as he said he doesn't like to talk about it.  The bedroom he had has a walk through door that goes into 1 attic space for storage.  That door is always kept closed and locked.  The key was kept on a shelf in the linen closet in his room.  That attic door just opened up by itself late one night while he was up playing games.  It really freaked him out.  He said that the attic through the door from his room and the game room creeped him out.  He got weird vibes when in those rooms.  He never went into either without having someone else with him if he could help it.  He admitted that our house was the hang out house for him and all his friends because he didn't want to be alone and his friends hoped to see something after he told them about it.  They hung out in the game room often to game on the TV or play pool / darts.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:35 AM

I said in the above post that I didn't need to go look in the game room.  Here is why...

Some of you know I was at a family get together a couple of weeks ago.  I have an aunt who is a medium / psychic that was there.  My aunt Mary is funny how she has an uncanny ability to finish peoples sentences and sometimes will bring up things that people were going to bring up to ask her.  We talked about many things that we have experienced in our lives.  We were talking about my house and some of the things I have seen.  I told her that I know we have paranormal company in my house.  Mary asked some questions about how many times I've seen it manifest, where and what time of the day.  It was at that point of the conversation that Mary asked me if I had an idea of where the "company" resided in my house.  I told her I am 99% sure I know exactly where it hangs out.  My wife did not like this conversation.  My wife looked at me and asked where.  Mary looked at my wife and then me and said "It's it your game room or the room off of that"!  My mouth fell wide open!!!

The attic space from my sons room is right next to the game room.  There are short doors in the game room that are about 2' tall for storage into a small attic crawl space.  That space leads to and opens up into the attic space from my sons room.  The game room has its own set of stairs...from the laundry room.

Mary has never been to my house.  In fact, no one at the family get together has been to my house.  We don't post pictures of my house.  Somehow she knew I had a game room and there was a room that adjoined it.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Reading this gives me chills I can't quite shake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users