33 replies to this topic

#1 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:00 AM

Greetings,

I would like to ask this forum for any help, you can offer, to get rid of an unwanted spirit that has attached to me.

I'm an average guy, middle aged, who investigates paranormal locations with a small group. I never investigate alone. Within the last couple months we investigated a civil war era home and came across a self proclaimed demon. I have crystal clear evp's of it's name, it's intentions and it's hatred for me. We're always respectful, but, still have fun amongst ourselves...nothing rude is ever presented to entities or location.

The other day we went to a location with no known paranormal activity and performed a couple spirit board sessions. We used two boards I made myself. We talked to two lovely spirits and in between...something pushed it's way onto the board. It immediately spelled its name and it was the same as the demon from the first location. Immediately we told it we would not speak to it and said, "Goodbye". It immediately said, "Goodbye" too and we closed the session. Also, my recordings have captured this demon talking to me and declaring it was there, at the location, the moment I stepped out of my truck in the driveway of the location.

Now, I should mention I'm different than many investigators that I've met as I don't sense anything. I don't feel entities around me. i get cold chills now and again, but, don't have the connection as the other people in my group do. I believe of course (because I have proof of "something"), but, have yet to have any real, physical contact. I've captured ghostly images in photos, anomalies on video, hundreds of evp's and have made amazing contact through spirit boards. I guess, I believe but still don't...kind of...I don't know. I just don't feel it the way others do. I just find it all so amazingly interesting.

As I go about my daily routine, I don't sense this demon around me nor do I have any kind of odd experiences associated with it. I just don't like the idea that it's there, always with me. What happens when I go to another location...is it just going to taint my evidence...muddy the waters...give me false readings? How would I realistically send it on its way? Or, is there a safe way to utilize this spirit in a helpful way? I should also mention that before any investigation or spirit board session we say protection prayers and closing prayers afterwards.

Thank you for any advice you can give!

#2 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

I would not be using a spirit/Ouija board for any purpose what-so-ever. In doing so, you offer an open invitation for anything to come through, including demonic entities. Once the invitation has been accepted, you lose power. They will usually go away over time if you completely ignore them and stop summoning entities thru spirit boards.

But if all else fails and it takes up residence, persistent heart felt prayers and fasting can be a powerful tool if you are religious at all.

#3 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

Say out loud that no entity may follow you at any time (mean it).   Do that before you go to locations and after you leave every time as well.

Then,  depending on what your beliefs are,  pray that you be protected and nothing be allowed to be attached to you and ask your guides and angels to protect you from attachments and not allow anything to be in your home,  your vehicle or your personal space.

Then dismiss the worry and assume it's gone unless you have indication to the contrary.

But also,  please research how to protect yourself and practice good investigation hygiene.  Whenever I go somewhere that there are a bunch of fellow investigators I wind up bumping into their garbage and a lot of it is not pleasant.

If there winds up being a problem this is a good place to start figuring out what to do.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:23 AM

All good counsel, Tantric.

#5 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

I agree with Tantric.. and Jimatghost...

A fave I use is "I don't give anything my permission to be in my 'space'(around your body, your mind,etc).Only that which is of/for my highest good, joy" (& then, "scoot".....persistently if needed, if it's a sticky one. no backing down-'it' gets the messege eventually. Even if it takes days) ~
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#6 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

SilentCreek.... did anything brought up on this topic make any sense to you?

#7 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

Well, I appreciate the attempts. But, it's not about if it makes any sense...the responses just are irrelevant. Don't use a spirit board...well, I have and do, that ship has sailed. Prayers? This ties into Tantric's response too...I already mentioned I say protection prayers before investigations and board sessions and closing prayers afterwards. And, I thoroughly mean them. Unless you can offer prayers that are specifically geared towards getting rid of an unwanted spirit?...prayers did not keep it from attaching itself to me. Even during the investigation that we encountered this demon...we had a girl in our group that felt as she was attacked, with a few scratch marks to give it possible truth. We recited St Michael's prayer over and over and were very firm in its declaration and made it very clear to our surroundings that we were protected and no entity may harm nor follow us. It still did.

Fasting? First, I work a physically demanding job and fasting would be harmful to myself and my coworkers. Plus, eating and drinking is a good way to help ground yourself before and after spiritual involvement...So, I don't know...didn't really get much help with my dilemma.

Ignore it? I do, which is why I stated that I don't feel this entity around me nor do I give it much credence. I'll even go farther by sharing that I never use equipment or take evp's at my house. I never use a spirit board at my house and have never used one alone. I have clear separation between my daily world and the one I investigate. I don't give it the power by believing in it. But, at the same time, I have recordings of this demon talking to me...so, I know it's there.

Something kind of interesting just happened within the last couple days...I'm in the process of making a new spirit board. I use stamps, stencils and free drawing on wood. I have a moon stamp that I wanted to use, but, the area I wanted to put it was too small. I inked up the stamp and wiped off the top and bottom and pressed it in place. Then, free drew the completion of the image to make it fit in the desired space. When you look directly at it, up close, the moon scene looks perfectly normal. If you stand 8 feet from the board...a demon's face completely appears next the moon in the moon scene. It's really quite crazy...it's a complete face. On this board, it's the only thing I personally free drew on it. It was just a few scant lines and closing out the tips of the moon...really quite simple and quickly done and bam! It's now looking at me. Just wild!

So, if I may clarify my request...I'm looking for tips on getting rid of an already attached spirit...not protection before it's happened. Thanks!

#8 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

I'm in the camp that entities can't hurt us.  It's either us doing it unconsciously or their convincing us they can and our manifesting it in our own bodies.   If we can shrink tumors through biofeedback we can certainly make a scratch appear.

What I'm seeing is a lot of someone talking themselves into powerlessness.   Yes,  things plug into vulnerable places on people and it takes someone who works with energy and can see them to get rid of it.   But I don't see anything demonic or anything even worrisome in your posts.

You're not talking about mystery illnesses.   You're not talking about mood swings and broken relationships and missing time that you can't account for.   You're not talking about this aura of absolutely rotten luck that persists no matter what you do.  You're not talking about withdrawing from your life as this takes over more and more control.  

You're talking about a couple evps and a case of pareidolia.

What I'm going to say sounds really mean but it's not.  If you can't tell something that can't even do anything to bug off and make it stick you have no business investigating.   Because when you do run up against something bad you're not going to be able to handle it and it will wreck your life.

Find a medium who can also cut soul ties and remove attachments.   Have a checkup.   That's what you can do.  It'll probably cost you about a hundred dollars because it's rare these people do it for free,  especially when they don't know you.   And then stop investigating.   Research all you want but don't risk that.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#9 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

Doctor, doctor...it hurts when I do this. Well, don't do that. Ha!

I agree that it would be the prudent thing to do...not even involve myself with it. But, how do you learn anything with an attitude like that? We'd still be living in caves if everyone thought like that.

You're also correct that I haven't any of those kind of things happening to me.  Which is why, now, is a fantastic time to educate myself more on possible scenarios.  I feel like this is why I'm a good fit for this kind of exploration. I'm strong willed, have an overabundance of positivity and don't necessarily believe, but, am open to the possibilities. You may say I have no business subjecting myself to possible evil because I'm not prepared for it..that may be true and it may not be. I may be surrounded by uncontrollable evil as we speak, but, the reason it's not affecting me in such horrible ways (as you mentioned) is I am in control and they're not.

#10 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

I'm not saying no one should do it.  

You're expressing that you're not in control of the situation.   You're expressing that you believe,  despite my telling you some of the things that happen when you run up against something truly dark (not even demon...  I've never,  in many years,  run across a demon...  I don't even really believe in them but I keep an open mind and will fully acknowledge them when I meet one) and you're saying that even though you can't tell a (probably)  person to bugger off you have the willpower to prevent dark from doing what dark does.  

I think learning is great.   I encourage you to do all the research your heart desires.   I think you should look at what is and is not evidence of darkness.   Grant Wilson is a good resource.   So is Echo Bodine.  Hans Holzer is fascinating.   You can get all sorts of old occult books on Amazon and Google play.   I don't think that shows like Ghost Adventures or Most Haunted are anything anyone should take advice from.   Go to events.   Make connections.   Have conversations.   Join a society (none are coming to mind at the moment but they're out there).

But you,  personally,  from your words I think are running a grave risk.   You are simultaneously giving things much greater power than evidence calls for and overestimating your ability to deal with stuff that comes up.   I've seen the outcome of that one time and time again.   I've seen lots of divorces,  bankruptcies,  alcoholism...

Dark doesn't attack like in the movies.   You don't hear a growl and suddenly things made of ink are dragging you around by the hair.   It makes you think it's a friend,  sucks you in and systematically destroys your life.

#11 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

Well, this actually raises another question. It's a large one, hard to decipher...demons?

I only state that this entity is a demon, because it and others stated it as such. That Civil War era location had several spirits within it. Several? Going on the assumption that spirit voices are similar to human voices and retain their own tones, marking one entity noticeable over another. Several different voices were captured. I'm not talking about one or two evp's...I'm talking about hundreds. I don't get the rarity of clear evp's like so many speak about. Any time I turn on my recorder, I capture too many to count. Many entities in that location kept warning us about demon "...." (I don't know, don't like saying its name)...I'll call it demon E. Early on in the evening, different spirits kept telling us to get out cause demon E is coming, he'll make you pay, he's going to kill you. Then, at one point a different voice stepped up saying that it was demon E and he was in joy that we came down to the basement (as they said that's where they live) and at last, we were his. It told others to hold us down and open our mouths. It spoke about trying to get in our mouths and was shocked that they had no power over us. They literally had a conversation between themselves about why their "advances are not working." demon E came up with the assumption that since it did not kill us...it had no power over us.

So, is this a demon? Or, is it just a run of the mill spirit who wishes it was more powerful? I understand that you have to take what spirit's tell you with a grain of salt as they're notorious liars.

#12 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

And, I don't believe every unearthly thing is "Evil". Hauntings or seemingly malicious acts aren't necessarily spawned from evil. I think people are fearful in general and will more quickly than not, jump to evil as a source of a strange occurence. I don't follow that path of reasoning. I think more often than not...that energy source is just trying to make itself known in our plane of existence. Its motivations are from a need of help rather than that of needing to harm.

#13 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

I've only ever heard people (dead people)  talk about demons, claim to be demons,  talk about demons killing you,  etc.

It truly,  because I did describe what happens with an attachment (not all of it...  but for example I'm working a case right now with an attachment and I get clues in the form of the same things in milder form happening to me and I've had an awful cough without being otherwise sick for about three weeks now,  it'll go away once the attachment is separated from the client),  is not even approaching what I'd expect to see with something dark or even an attachment but it is exactly what I've seen many times with someone hanging around trying to frighten the living.

What you really need to be afraid of are the sweet little girls who want to come home with you.   If I ever see a demon I'd put money on the haunting starting with that.   I get nauseated every time someone mentions a little kid because those "children"  are inevitably the nastiest,  darkest,  hardest to deal with entities.

#14 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

One more...I should also clarify that I have not confronted this entity in the slightest. Beyond citing our prayers during investigations or board sessions...I haven't singled demon E out specifically. I've been in the mindset of completely ignoring it. I think about it in passing and even limit the time dwelt on it before moving on to a different idea or thought. The only time I knowingly spoke to it was during the spirit board session when it pushed itself on the board and it said its name. I told it we wouldn't speak to it and ended the session.

That, in itself, is what brought me to pose my introductory question...how do I tell a specific spirit to go away? And, I'm asking before I make any attempts of my own.

#15 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

I do really think you should check first with someone who can see stuff.   Otherwise it literally is as simple (and difficult) as saying "no one can follow me,  no one is allowed in my house"  and meaning it as long as there isn't an actual attachment (in that case you have to turn your back on all of the influence after figuring out what it is... which is far more difficult than it sounds...  and have someone who can remove the cord it's created tying itself to you do so).

In my own home I have asked everyone who helps me on the other side to keep everything that doesn't have permission to be here (I do,  actually,  have two ghosts...  one is a family connection and the other came with the house but they're both nice people so I tolerate them until they do something that I won't live with).   Stuff occasionally follows me and hangs out in the yard sometimes but things don't come in my house.

So even though it sounds trite,  prayer (or some form of it in your belief system) and personal autonomy are really the answer.

#16 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

That adds another wrinkle to this story...children. I agree, I don't like nor trust a child spirit. Unfortunately, we did speak with two children in the Civil War era home. We actually have video footage of two of our group members using individual pendulums and with evp corroboration...they were racing each other (brother and sister). They even...on command...completely stopped dead from a wide swinging orbit and reversed direction!

That's not the icky part, though. The property that we had the spirit board session with demon E is a location that I have done some work to. Renovating it...ripping out floors and ceilings and rebuilding. I popped in one day just to take some interior shots. Went in, took 5 pictures and left. Later at home, looked at the photos and beyond a giant orb...you can totally see a little boy standing there. Just so happens it was standing directly over a place where we had a weird occurrence during its rebuild. During the board session, one spirit told us that I did take its picture, its name, it was 12 years old, it was NOT smiling at me, it didn't live in the house and it wasn't good.  

That doesn't bode well.

#17 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

This may sound like I'm splitting hairs here, it is a truthful concern though...about what to say at my house. As I don't want to limit one possible spirit. My grandmother died in my house. A very strong and loving, maternal influence in my life. I don't want to say anything that may force her out as well.

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,463 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostSilentCreek, on 08 November 2016 - 04:00 AM, said:

Now, I should mention I'm different than many investigators that I've met as I don't sense anything. I don't feel entities around me. i get cold chills now and again, but, don't have the connection as the other people in my group do. I believe of course (because I have proof of "something"), but, have yet to have any real, physical contact. I've captured ghostly images in photos, anomalies on video, hundreds of evp's and have made amazing contact through spirit boards. I guess, I believe but still don't...kind of...I don't know. I just don't feel it the way others do. I just find it all so amazingly interesting.

You sound similar to me. I am fascinated, not afraid, and apparently about as sensitive as a rock! ;)    The good thing is, (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't have issues at home or bad stuff happen to you. Sounds like it's just being a pain in the butt and getting in the way of collecting other evidence when you investigate.  I think the attitude you say you have may kind of block it from having more power. You're not afraid, and seem to see the paranormal through a clinical eye.  Tantric is probably more knowledgeable about getting rid of attachments, which it sounds like you might have.  Otherwise, just ignore this spectral stalker. I don't think  demons exist, or if so are very rare. I'd say this is just someone messing with you for kicks
Posted Image

#19 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

Yes...it could completely be about being bored. The spirit, that is. Who could blame them, right? I'll totally mess with people...given the opportunity, ha!

Tying back into spirits needing help of some form. Maybe, even being "demonic" is a cry for help. Anything to get you to notice them.

If you read the earlier posts..and how I spoke of the demonic face in my moon...drawn by me, unknowingly so...it's not an evil face. It's an evil/demonic face yes, but, it doesn't look mad. It looks sad. Is that weird? It's almost like..."C'mon, I'm waiting...finish this board and talk to me...I need a friend...please." hahahaha.

And no...I'm not a delusional, crazy person, ha! I like to look at all sides ;) .

#20 SilentCreek

SilentCreek

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

More to one of your questions...no, I don't have strange things happening...other than this face in my moon. I do find it very interesting though. I could mention,...I've had one crazy, mystifying, sleep paralysis episode (first ever, last ever) with a name recognition factor that happened the very night after investigation an underground cavern system. I've had an abscess begin a rapid attack in my mouth the very evening after an investigation at a cemetery. And, this spring had an abscess explode off the top of my left foot directly after an investigation at an abandoned sanatorium. During that investigation, the spirits were continually talking about grabbing our legs, grabbing our feet. And, just so happens that a few years ago, I specifically had an entity tell me "They were going to rip my legs off and I would be sorry when I couldn't walk."  Maybe, they're ganging up on me? I was on crutches for 3 days. That's a stretch, I know...but, so very interesting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attachment