Creepy 'metallic Screeching' , Any Ideas? Or Similar Experiences?

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 scarlet101

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

Okay, so a few months ago my fiancee was sitting downstairs by himself playing Mario, it was like 3am and everyone was in bed, and all of a sudden he heard this creepy loud metallic screeching in his ear really loud (That was the best he could describe it to me), three times within the course of 5-10 minutes, saying ''run''. He said he had heard a similar noise only one other time when he was a kid and it woke him out of his sleep, although that time it was just noise and no actual words. I'm wondering if anybody else has any idea what that could be about, or if anybody else has had a similar experience? I've been trying to research it but haven't been able to find anything at all.

Also, not sure if this is related or just a coincidence or nothing at all, but a few weeks ago he was playing another video game, and he tried talking to some merchant character and she ran away when he tried to talk to her. I tried to look that up too because he was aggravated and I wanted to see if I could find him any advice but wasn't able to find anything about anybody else having problems with her running away. and it popped in my head that maybe its related to those noises he heard telling him to run a few months back. You never know! lol.

#2 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

The Nintendo controllers have a built in mic, and a speaker I believe. If it was from the game, it would make sense for 'run' to be in a Mario game
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 scarlet101

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

View PostVlawde, on 24 April 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

The Nintendo controllers have a built in mic, and a speaker I believe. If it was from the game, it would make sense for 'run' to be in a Mario game
The way he described it, it was like a metal on metal/ nails on a chalk board kinda sound really loud right in his ear. I suppose that could make sense, kinda like a, batteries running low and causing the sound to be distorted type of thing, but he went and played that part back at least twice to see if it was going to happen again or not, and it never did. Also he had experienced something similar like 20 years ago when he was sleeping and it jolted him up outta bed lol.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum Scarlet.

Thanks for sharing .

I wouldn't rule anything out especally when spirits like electronics.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 scarlet101

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 26 April 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

Hello and welcome to the forum Scarlet.

Thanks for sharing .

I wouldn't rule anything out especally when spirits like electronics.
Thanks :D !! And I'm kinda leaning more towards thinking it's spirits than not lol, and if it is a spirit, hopefully someone will be able to give me some more info about it, or at least some ideas. It's super unsettling lol.

#6 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

Seems like I remember someone else here mentioned something about a similar sound coming through an electronic device.  The loud metallic sound.  I dont remember what the electronic device was.  I will try to search for it today
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:16 AM

Was it computer speakers lou? that's the one I'm thinking of.

Thanks for your message Scarlet, and welcome :D
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 27 April 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Was it computer speakers lou? that's the one I'm thinking of.

Thanks for your message Scarlet, and welcome :D

Yep,  that's it.

My wife and I had a baby monitor years ago when our first child was born.  Our monitor picked up other peoples baby monitors once in awhile and would hear them talking.  It was a little freaky the first time.  We would have lost it if sounds like what was described above had come out of it.
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:59 AM

We had a baby monitor that picked a neighbor ladies phone convos occasionally. She was an early bird !  Must have been calling the East coast.

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Baby monitors have a bad history! What I've learnt: make sure if it's connected to wifi that you change the default password!!

https://www.buzzfeed...8Arv#.gjl6plZza
My Signature

#11 scarlet101

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I remember my mom telling me that the baby monitor she had for me when I was a baby used to do things like that haha, pick up on other peoples conversations and what not. When it happened to him there was no computer in the room, and there was no baby monitor in the house lol. The only thing that it could have possibly been was the game, perhaps the speakers from the TV, or the controller, I've asked him about that, and he said that he went back to the same spot like 4 times to see if it would happen again and it didn't, and he says whatever it was, it sounded scary as hell, just loud terrifying screeching, like metal on metal, right in his ear, saying ''run'', he says he doesn't think something like that would have been in the game, especially in the area he was in, it was like a happy beach setting and he was just sitting there with the dog I guess, lol. Plus, he said he heard something similar like 20 years earlier when he was sleeping, and it had woken him up out of his sleep. When he wakes up I will ask him if there were any baby monitors or anything like that in the house when that had happened the first time though haha.

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:56 AM

thanks for the extra information Scarlet, it seems rather unexplainable if there wasn't any of those items in the room!
My Signature

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com