Free Skins
© Fisana

So We Investigated Mosswood Manor Again!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Flubby

Flubby

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, travel, music, film making, and audio production.

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Posted Image
Mosswood Manor as seen from drone

Hello all!

A year or so ago, I posted about Mosswood Manor (here: http://www.paranorma...topic=43825&hl=)
I also invite you to watch the teaser I made for the "show" we plan to pitch to a major television network, once we have 10 episodes behind us. This is one.
(Here is the teaser: https://www.youtube....h?v=J0gk0p1nDmM)

To sum it up, a coworker owns the oldest house in Lakeland, Florida, construction began in 1899 and it was complete by 1904.
Ken (the owner) claims to hear children laughing in the home, and running up and down the stairs. You can hear kids throwing jacks on the floor in the attic. His neighbors say his daughter is so nice to stand in the top turret of the home and wave to everyone who walks by. Ken does not have a daughter. Our medium picked up on 10 spirits, 6 of whom passed away in the home. If you leave a personal item on the counter or kick your shoes off, you will likely find them elsewhere, like in a drawer or closet. There is a woman by the name of Mary Whitfield who used to be the house servant, and was very faithful and loving to the family, raising three generations in this home. She is said to haunt the home as well as a Fannie, Norman, Calvin, Margaret, and a few others.

Anyway, we set up this camera in the attic where most of the activity is reported. Downstairs, we sat on the table an old record player and began playing a vinyl record of old nursery rhymes from the 1930s.
We all walked out of the house to allow the house to settle while the music played. When this was captured, we were all standing at the end of the driveway, nearest the street, away from the house totally.

So, record player downstairs.
Camera on the 3rd floor.

You can very very faintly hear the music. But what you also hear is the sound of someone whistling The Entertainer.
This was astounding to me, as just an hour prior, while the team was setting up the equipment, I myself was playing The Entertainer on piano (the very first song I learned in piano class as a kid).
You hear the whistling fade away and then someone just kind of walking about the attic. You can hear floorboards creaking and popping, and very clear footsteps as whoever was there walked around the room.

It is important to note that the songs playing while we were out of the house were "Skip To My Lue" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" and "Hickory Dickory Dock". None of these songs had whistling in them, and certainly not to the tune of The Entertainer.

The voices you hear at the end is us all re-entering the house and making our way upstairs. So those voices are all our own, not part of the capture.

What is fascinating to me is, we all came back inside very shortly after the whistling stopped. It makes me wonder if whoever was up in the attic was watching us walk back up the driveway to come into the house, and stopped whistling...and then hid...or walked somewhere to not be seen. What are your thoughts on this assumption?

Also, below the first link of the whistling video, is another link to that same whistling, caught JUST down the stairs leading to the attic. You are facing an antique dollhouse, and the wall directly behind it is the entrance/stairway to the attic. Notice how the music gets louder (as this camera is closer to the already playing vinyl record) and the whistling is more faint (as it is coming from the story above).

I firmly believe what we captured was a class A capture, of someone enjoying the music.
It made me happy and I wanted to share it with you all.

Enjoy.

Whistling and Movement in the Attic: https://www.youtube....h?v=eX4tQ3xt_44
Whistling as Heard From the Floor Below the Attic: https://www.youtube....?v=oRkiONEUkJM

Edited by Flubby, 24 January 2018 - 05:06 AM.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:07 AM

Wow that was very interesting thanks for sharing :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Flubby

Flubby

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, travel, music, film making, and audio production.

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:03 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 24 January 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

Wow that was very interesting thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for checking it out!

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

That's a pretty house.  I like that people are being waved at by a little girl, I hope they wave back.

I also liked your teaser trailer, it's pretty cool.
Posted Image

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

Very cool!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

What a wonderful location, and I loved your narration :D Thank you for sharing!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 pennie07

pennie07

EVP

• GS Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Good Whistler! Very interesting capture!   :whistling:

#8 Rosewest

Rosewest

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

H,i was wondering if you might be going back to Mosswood Manor? I"m asking because my best friend got married there , she died a year ago and recently a Psychic stayed there come to find out my best friend ghost is living there. This doesn't surprise me at all but according to  the psychic she kept her up all night talking to her even mentioned that every morning between 6 and 7 in the morning she sits on the from porch that faces the lake . She mentioned my name and other peoples names also. If you go there and ever find glitter that's my friend Lori she always had glitter ready to sprinkle. She even mentioned the little girl  in the attic and the Indian, and the old man in the garden. The day my friend got married she put a hairband at the top pf the stairs for the little girl, it was gone when she went to check on it later. My friends picture is in the front room to the left on the table when you go in the front door.

#9 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

I definitely here the whistling, foot steps and someone speaking (no sure what is said)
good EVP capture
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:13 AM

View PostRosewest, on 18 June 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

H,i was wondering if you might be going back to Mosswood Manor? I"m asking because my best friend got married there , she died a year ago and recently a Psychic stayed there come to find out my best friend ghost is living there. This doesn't surprise me at all but according to  the psychic she kept her up all night talking to her even mentioned that every morning between 6 and 7 in the morning she sits on the from porch that faces the lake . She mentioned my name and other peoples names also. If you go there and ever find glitter that's my friend Lori she always had glitter ready to sprinkle. She even mentioned the little girl  in the attic and the Indian, and the old man in the garden. The day my friend got married she put a hairband at the top pf the stairs for the little girl, it was gone when she went to check on it later. My friends picture is in the front room to the left on the table when you go in the front door.

Hello and welcome to the board . Thank you for sharing; your friend sounds like a character.
Posted Image

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

There are 2 videos with whistling :whistling:  but appear to be at different areas of the house. Are they close to each other so thar it's the same whistle caught with 2 different cameras or two captures of the same tune?

There's no blurb info but the whistle seems to be identical but with different background noise.

Oh and the "orb" in the teaser looks like dust  :yes:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

View Postsiguie, on 19 June 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

There are 2 videos with whistling :whistling:  but appear to be at different areas of the house. Are they close to each other so thar it's the same whistle caught with 2 different cameras or two captures of the same tune?

There's no blurb info but the whistle seems to be identical but with different background noise.

Oh and the "orb" in the teaser looks like dust  :yes:

Dust smust...

Seriously, though, thanks siguie I will have to re-watch to the video
Posted Image

#13 shadow0421

shadow0421

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

In the first vid I hear a couple guys talking and the song "Those Were The Days" (late '60's song not the TV show theme) playing in the background. Possible interference? I suspect the whistling could be part of the interference too? I don't hear any interference in the second video though.

Edited by shadow0421, 24 June 2018 - 07:59 PM.