#1 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Cooking Eating and Being A Couch Potato

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

I'm trying to separate audio from video for EVP's with VLC and I have the directions for doing that but I can't seem to get VLC out of the video storage page or whatever that page is called and so until then I won't be able to follow the directions that have. I've tried downloading the app again but it's still stuck on that page. I tried asking in another forum but I didn't receive an answer.

#2 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

I've not used the vlc app but in the Linux version you can either just export or stream to a file.

That said I think the easiest and best way to get the audio off a video is to use Audacity and just drop the file on and let it do its thing. :yes:
- siguie -

#3 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:54 PM

View Postsiguie, on 08 May 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

I've not used the vlc app but in the Linux version you can either just export or stream to a file.

That said I think the easiest and best way to get the audio off a video is to use Audacity and just drop the file on and let it do its thing. :yes:

Okay Thank You  

Will Audacity work with Android OS?  I have an Android Tablet.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

Hello, Kathy, I hope you work it out :)  I would like to hear it :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:16 AM

View PostKathy, on 08 May 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Okay Thank You  

Will Audacity work with Android OS?  I have an Android Tablet.

Not easily, I thought you might have a pc handy BUT if you have to use an android tablet app you can just look for Video to MP3 apps on google play. There are a bunch, and they are mostly used for converting videos to mp3 ringtones. I personally have not used one but I just searched for "Video to MP3" and found this one Link.

If you just want to convert a single video file it's probably easiest to just use an online converter like  onlinevideoconverter.com and just upload the video let them rip the audio tracks and convert them to mp3 for you to download.

Another option is to run an audio recording app while your video is playing ... it's not elegant but it's a relatively easy workaround :yes:

Now for the long boring but proper geek answer to what I "think" your tablet issues is ... I lied ... I do actually have and use the VLC app {but it's on a rooted kindle fire tablet and I kind of tweaked it and it's really "non-standard" considering Amazon's tablets don't support google play :whistling: } ... surprisingly it works quite well :yes: However the folder systems on tablets can be a little wonky and the vlc file selector is a bit lmited depending on your phone/tablet and android version plus there are security levels and additional tricks needed to use sub files in embeded SD cards. In other words I'm guessing you are probably stuck in a folder and cannot go UP or navigate to other app file storage areas.

So the geek answer is to install a "File Manager" ... just go to google play and do a search there are dozens. I use ES File Manager but the ads are annoying and it's not particularly easy if you haven't played around with file managers on other systems.

However, if you do find a manager that you like just copy your video file to the vlc storage area then follow your instructions for ripping or converting the audio :yes:

Using the online converters is the easiest for one or two video files BUT if you want to do this on a regular basis get a file manager app. Honestly EVERYONE should have a file manager :yes:

Personally I mostly use AirDroid 'cuz it's a great app and has a surprisingly robust built in file manager BUT if you do not have access to other computers then it's NOT what you want AND it's really meant for other thangs :yes:

Edited by siguie, 09 May 2018 - 01:34 AM.

- siguie -

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

View Postsiguie, on 09 May 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

If you just want to convert a single video file it's probably easiest to just use an online converter like  onlinevideoconverter.com and just upload the video let them rip the audio tracks and convert them to mp3 for you to download.

Yes, I have used that too and it is very good.
Posted Image

#7 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 09 May 2018 - 03:18 AM, said:

Yes, I have used that too and it is very good.

Do I need to use a file manager with the "Online Video Converter?"

Thank you for all the information but I'm very new to all of this and I'm not that great with computers either.

I was wondering if there's an easy way that I can simply just post the whole video with the evp here this one time to get something posted here for now until I can figure out that video converter thing.  It is still stored in Google Drive.

There's nothing personal in the video that I would want to hide anyway.  I'm just aiming my flip phone at the steering wheel and dash board in my car as I'm recording and asking a question.

There seems to be a response which one Paranormal Investigator heard clearly but the other two were undecided because there was a lot of static interference from the phone.

#8 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

I'm gonna try the video converter later on today anyway.  I just have to learn to not be so intimidated by stuff like this.  "lol"

#9 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostKathy, on 10 May 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Do I need to use a file manager with the "Online Video Converter?"

Probably not, it's a web converter so if your browser can navigate to the file location then no, otherwise maybe.

View PostKathy, on 10 May 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

I was wondering if there's an easy way that I can simply just post the whole video with the evp here this one time to get something posted here for now until I can figure out that video converter thing.  It is still stored in Google Drive.

YES! Trivially easy ... Create a Public access folder in the top directory, then make it shareable, oh and move a copy of your video file in there.

*WARNING* When you share a file/folder it sends an email to the person you want to share it with. In order to keep some anonymity create a linked secondary gmail address {I have 5} ... something like KathyfromGhostStudy {at} gmail {dot} com OH and you will get an additional google drive so just make a public folder there and copy the file into it and I'll send you an email you can use to share and I can rip the audio for you and email it back or upload it to your new drive {if you happen to set the drive up in a way that allows it.

Anywho I'll PM you an email address BUT you don't need to use it if you get the converter working :no:
- siguie -

#10 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:01 AM

Hi siguie,

I don't know what the heck is wrong with my tablet today.  I tried to PM you with this question but for some odd reason PMing doesn't seem to be working on my side today.

You said you could help me if I had some problems posting the EVP and yes I do.
I can't seem to find the audio in my email when I wanted to attach it as a file here.
And so I saved it into Google Drive and I couldn't find it in there either as I was trying to attach it.

Sorry for the problem.  :(

And Thank You for separating it from video too!   :)

Edited by Kathy, 14 May 2018 - 11:05 AM.

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

Oh yea no worries :no:

K so I ripped the audio from the 3gp video and saved it in FLAC format which is "lossless" hence the name Free Lossless Audio Codec {FLAC} this means it is as close to the original as you can get BUT some people may not be able to play FLAC files 'cuz you know windows sucks and there media player doesn't come with it as standard. SO if you use anything other than WinD'OHs media player you are probably fine :yes: and if you use that media player ... what is wrong with you :Picture 562: git VLC.

Original: MOV0088A.flac

Just in case I made this mp3 as well it's lossy 'cuz it's an mp3  so I figured I might as well bump the audio so it's louder.

Kathy-Amp.mp3  

@Kathy you might start to notice a few themes with me ... other than a wee teeny tiny nigh imperceptible very slight dislike of microsoft products :bomb_ie: I have a tendency to rip things apart to see how they work and put them back different. Pretty much the first thing I do with any phone or tablet is unlock it then root it and tweak the carp out of it and any software that interests me. I would be happy to help you in any way I can :yes: just keep in mind even if we had the very same tablet mine will be very different and my help might make you insane ... look at Klainey :whistling:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

View Postsiguie, on 14 May 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

I would be happy to help you in any way I can :yes: just keep in mind even if we had the very same tablet mine will be very different and my help might make you insane ... look at Klainey :whistling:

Insane in da membrane!  That is one of my favourite songs LOL. Kathy just tell him baby steps ;)

Seriously. Thanks for doing the audio separation siguie

I have listened to both the clips so far I am not too sure what I am listening too. I can hear talking at the beginning of the clip but not to sure if that is you, Kathy. Maybe you can tell us a little more?
Posted Image

#13 Kathy

Kathy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 14 May 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Insane in da membrane!  That is one of my favourite songs LOL. Kathy just tell him baby steps ;)

Seriously. Thanks for doing the audio separation siguie

I have listened to both the clips so far I am not too sure what I am listening too. I can hear talking at the beginning of the clip but not to sure if that is you, Kathy. Maybe you can tell us a little more?
Well I guess it truly can't be heard then and I'm sad about that!  The first is me asking a question and then 5 seconds later the supposed reply was the word "Me!"  So I guess I'm just hearing static and was thinking it was an EVP.   :(

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:03 AM

View PostKathy, on 14 May 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Well I guess it truly can't be heard then and I'm sad about that!  The first is me asking a question and then 5 seconds later the supposed reply was the word "Me!"  So I guess I'm just hearing static and was thinking it was an EVP.   :(

No, not at all, just because I didn't hear it doesn't mean you can't or someone else might.
Posted Image

#15 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostKathy, on 14 May 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Well don't be sad :no: if you think you got something maybe you do. Personally I never hear what others do sometimes even with class A EVPs.

Just enjoy what you do, endeavor to improve your skills, and share what you get even if you are not sure :yes:

The point is to engage with like minded people, have fun and maybe get some cool ghost evidence. :good:

Anywho, why did you decide to try getting EVPs when and where you did? :popcorn:
- siguie -

#16 ifinkufreekyandilikeualot

ifinkufreekyandilikeualot

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Have you tried using an online service which allows you to upload the video file (or insert the video link) and it generates the sound into an mp3 . For this I use savefrom . net.

Or if you are looking for a good software I recommend  trying Videopad, it's free for the first 7 days but lets you uninstall and reinstall as many times as you need :)

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

View Postifinkufreekyandilikeualot, on 23 May 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Have you tried using an online service which allows you to upload the video file (or insert the video link) and it generates the sound into an mp3 . For this I use savefrom . net.

Or if you are looking for a good software I recommend  trying Videopad, it's free for the first 7 days but lets you uninstall and reinstall as many times as you need :)

Thanks for the tips :yes:

Siguie has changed it to a mp3 file for Kathy.  Here it is if you would like to hear it :D

Kathy-Amp.mp3  
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users