• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

As I get older, I am not a fan of crowds.  People with spacial awareness issues are really irritating.

New Braunfels has several events a year that draw pretty big crowds.  I try to avoid them all :-).  My oldest daughter, her boyfriend, my wife and I went to Wurstfest.  For those that dont know what that is....It's a German celebration with lots of food and beer.  I would almost believe that people go there with no other purpose but to stand in different size groups on either side of all doors or middle of all walking paths.

On a VERY plus side regarding humanity.  I was behind a very old couple as we were approaching the hall building.  There is a slight elevation ramp about 12' across and about 15' long.  A lady next to me was slowed by the old couples pace the same as I was.  We looked at each other and she says "no need to be in a hurry" and smiles at the couple.  I laughed back and said "its all good".  The old man started up the ramp slowly and the old lady stopped at the bottom of it and looked like she didn't know which leg was best to start up the ramp.  She kind of shifted her feet back and forth.  Just as it occurred to me this lady needs a steady hand to help her walk up the ramp, the lady next to me moved next to the old lady, grabbed her hand and and told her let me help you.  The old lady smiled.  The old man turned around when he realized he was a few feet ahead of his wife and smiled.  The old lady and the lady helping her up the ramp talked the whole way up the ramp.  It probably took close to 60 seconds to reach the top.  The old lady gave the lady a hug at the top and went their separate ways.  I mentioned to the helping lady as we kept walking that she did a very nice thing there and if she knew them.  She said she did not know them, but that she hopes other saw this and do the same so that maybe when we are that old, some younger person would do the same for us.

Humanity restored....
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

lovely :)

I had an elderly lady at the ATM and I noticed she had her dress in the underpants. I was really worried I didn't want to scare her coming up to where she was getting money out of a machine but in the end, I had to, I thought I would hate someone not stopping if that ever happened to me :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

Acts of kindness should never go unnoticed especially now with our world being so hurried and self consumed. In wake of all the recent tragedies, its refreshing that parents teachings of respect and courtesy are still being observed. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by EVP, 08 November 2017 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users