Free Skins
© Fisana

Has Anyone Here Been Haunted By Deceased Relatives?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 blindsighted

blindsighted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'm just going to sit back and listen to people's answers to this question.  I have never had that happen before and I honestly hope I never do.  If you have been haunted by a relative, does it recur and if so, how do you deal with that?

#2 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

I haven't. My aunt though tells us occasionaly at her new home with her son and husband they sometimes see my grandfather. But he isnt haunting them, apparently they saw him a few times when my baby cousin was realy sick. He was in the room with him.  My grandfather passed away not long before my cousin was born, so we believe he is watching over him.  Its a nice thought anyways. :)
Posted Image

#3 blindsighted

blindsighted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

I haven't either and I honestly hope I never do, even if it's something more positive.  Just the thought of that is too weird for me.  It gives me the creeps.  Trying to be nice or to speak to any of my existing relatives is always a mistake, I hate to say because they have a lot of issues.  I have an aunt, my parents' sister-in-law, who passed away recently from stage four ovarian cancer which was very sad but I also had my reasons for not attending her funeral.  I have two grandparents who I will always miss, my mom's father and my dad's mother.

Why does anyone's spirit come back like that?  Hasn't that person passed on to a new phase after finishing out life on earth?  It's the same question I still ask myself sometimes about why I had seen this particular spirit at the cemetery one night and only that one time.

I don't know what I would do if I were to see any of my deceased relatives again, whether it was a good or non-existent relationship.  I have no answers.

#4 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

not really "haunted" but the uncle I took care of sometimes will pay me a visit and play jokes on me in my dreams...

ie: "You gotta wake up and come look, there's lard in the bathtub... "
"what the heck"  so in the dream I get out of bed, go to the bathroom (which is not a bathroom that has ever been in any home I've lived in, or that he lived in, so far as I know) and there was a 5 gal white plastic bucket marked "lard".

if it relates to anything in the real world, I've never figured it out.

One night I woke up feeling weird after dreaming he came to visit saying "Can I stay with you, there's strange people in my house." (the house was sold when he passed away)  "I'll be fine on the futon"  

still a wha????

occasionally I'll wish I could ask one of my grandmother's something, how to cook a particular dish, or some kind of art or craft problem, I'll go to bed thinking about it, and wake up with the answer, but not really any memory of where the answer came from.

#5 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

I saw my grandfather once at my gramma's house. He died ten years before I was born. What I saw was in black and white. I described it to my mom once and she said that it sounded like him. I never saw him again.

I also saw my cousin after she and my other cousin died. I was in my living room talking to a friend about a week after they died, and I was telling the friend that all I really wanted was to tell her that I loved her one more time. She and my sister were best friends from the time they were born. It was incredibly painful to lose her. My other cousin was a very nice boy, but I didnt know him nearly as well so it didn't hurt as much. My friend said "She says she loves you too" and I saw her sitting on the couch beside my friend. To this day, I can tell you how she was sitting and what she was wearing, even the look on her face. I could see through her but she was there, and she was looking at me. My other cousin was standing beside her and I knew he was there but he was more... I can't think of the word but I couldn't see as many details on him as I could her. And I actually watched as they both stood up and walked out my patio door and out into the park, from three stories up. When I went to look out the patio door, I could see them walking away through the park. This is the one and only time I ever saw them. And I knew when they finally left, but thats another story.

#6 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

Yes, my dad checks in once in a while to make sure I'm ok :)

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

My sister's son had a friend who died of cancer in his teens. The friend was in one hospital and his grandfather in another. The grandson said his grandfather (who was still alive) came to him in spirit and told him  not to be scared because he would be waiting for him (meaning the grandfather would die first). The grandson explained to his mother  that his grandfather took his spirit back to the grandfather's room in the hospital. The grandson described the grandfather's room to his mother and he said he wasn't scared because he knew his grandfather would be waiting for him. They hadn't told their son his grandfather was at the end stage of life because they didn't want to upset him and the son's description of the grandfather's room was accurate.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 blindsighted

blindsighted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:09 AM

Several years ago I had this dream about my deceased grandmother, my mother's mom, who has been gone for a very long time now.  She lingered for a long time from Alzheimer's.  I honestly don't remember what the dream was about.  I think she was trying to tell me something in the dream.

#9 rookie7m4

rookie7m4

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, ghosts, angels, EVP, OBE's (out-of-body experiences), NDE's (Near Death Experiences), life beyond death, Heaven, spirituality, nature, reading, Phantom of the Opera, Paris Opera/Palais Garnier, Gaston Leroux

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

Wow! All of these stories are *amazing* - I love reading these things, because they send a nice little shiver down my spine and put goosebumps on my arm!

How incredibly amazing, loving, and kind it is for someone, who has passed on from their physical form, to come back in spirit and check on their loved ones who are here on Earth? (I think that shows an incredible amount of love and concern, on their behalf!)

Trin - I had to giggle at your uncle's joke, "You gotta wake up and come look, there's lard in the bathtub"....(And then you walk into a bathroom, to find a 5 gallon, white plastic bucket marked "lard" in the tub"! LOL!  :happy0194: ) Your uncle must've had one heck of a sense of humor - and so it's great to know that we take these wonderful things with us when we cross over!

moiraesfate - Your account of seeing your cousins is pretty amazing too! I'm so glad that they came back to show you and let you know that they were ok. (Once again, I can't help but sit here and be in awe of the amount of love, care, and concern that we continue to have for our loved ones, even after we pass on from this world!)

klainey - Awwww, sorry to hear about your sister's son's friend! (It's so sad to hear that he passed on at such an early age!) But on the other hand, it's comforting to know that his grandfather was there with him, to walk with him towards the light and to the other side. Once again, you can clearly see/feel the message of "love" here.)

I can't say that I personally have *seen* any of my deceased relatives - but some *very* strange things happened after we moved our [then deceased] grandmother's antique furniture into our apartment! (It started off with our main circuit breaker blowing out, every couple or so weeks, for no explainable reason! The strange thing was, we didn't have a problem like this until after we moved our grandmother's antique furniture in!...This strange phenomenon was then followed by footsteps, sounds of knocking/tapping on the furniture, and other strange/scary activity. We eventually called in a pair of professional, local ghost hunters - who conducted an investigation, and found a that a lot of the activity seemed centered around my grandmother's antique mirrored dresser...They caught a bunch of orbs flying into and out of the dresser!)

Also, I know that my message here is long enough already - but I want to share a very special video that I found on Youtube a while back. (And it relates directly to your topic here, blindsighted!)...

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Enjoy!  Posted Image
Come watch my friend, Chris Halton, from Haunted Earth UK, on his Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.c...onstantine99999

- also -

Also, please have a look at his paranormal blog:http://hauntedearthg...s.blogspot.com/

#10 rookie7m4

rookie7m4

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, ghosts, angels, EVP, OBE's (out-of-body experiences), NDE's (Near Death Experiences), life beyond death, Heaven, spirituality, nature, reading, Phantom of the Opera, Paris Opera/Palais Garnier, Gaston Leroux

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

And for those of you who would like to see another touching video about our relatives coming back from The Other Side - check out this video!...

Posted Image
Come watch my friend, Chris Halton, from Haunted Earth UK, on his Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.c...onstantine99999

- also -

Also, please have a look at his paranormal blog:http://hauntedearthg...s.blogspot.com/

#11 blindsighted

blindsighted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

View Postrookie7m4, on 06 August 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

How incredibly amazing, loving, and kind it is for someone, who has passed on from their physical form, to come back in spirit and check on their loved ones who are here on Earth? (I think that shows an incredible amount of love and concern, on their behalf!)

That's certainly one way to look at it.  I am always telling myself that everything happens for a reason.  I am very open to talking about death and what happens after we die.  Death doesn't scare me at all.  I pre-planned my own funeral quite a while back.  Some of the stories posted here really aren't a whole lot different from that near death experience I had several years ago.  My parents are still living but I could actually see them doing that after they pass, coming back in spirit to check on me.    

I'm going to be away from here for a while.  I'm taking a much needed vacation and I'm leaving tomorrow.

See you all again in about a week!

#12 rookie7m4

rookie7m4

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

View Postblindsighted, on 06 August 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

That's certainly one way to look at it.  I am always telling myself that everything happens for a reason.  I am very open to talking about death and what happens after we die.  Death doesn't scare me at all.  I pre-planned my own funeral quite a while back.  Some of the stories posted here really aren't a whole lot different from that near death experience I had several years ago.  My parents are still living but I could actually see them doing that after they pass, coming back in spirit to check on me.    

I'm going to be away from here for a while.  I'm taking a much needed vacation and I'm leaving tomorrow.

See you all again in about a week!

*nods*....Most definitely, blindsighted - I know your parents will come back and check on you, after they've passed. (I see absolutely no reason why that maternal love can't continue on beyond the grave!) Love is a very powerful emotion/energy indeed - anyone who's been in love (or has had their heart broken by love) can attest to this!

They say "love has no boundaries" - well then, death and the grave certainly wouldn't pose any problems, as even love would overcome and outshine this - wouldn't it?   :yes:

Have fun on your trip blindsighted - hope you have fun, and are able to relax and re-energize yourself/your spirit!  ^_^

- also -

#13 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

I have been visited by deceased relatives all my life, but I would in no way call it a haunting,  since to me that word has a distinct negative connotation,  and my experiences were in no way negative.
My adult brother "snuck" into my room a few times to talk to me and read to me,  and even say prayers with me on nights that my father came home drunk, when I was very little.  He always told me it was a secret.  I was not told he had died,  just that he went way,  and I thought that daddy had kicked him out,  and that's why he had to 'sneak" in,  and why it was a secret.  I only found out later when I couldn't keep the secret and told one of the neighbor children,  who's father gently informed me that I must have been dreaming because brother was in heaven with the angels.  I was not dreaming.   He didn't stop visiting after that,  but the visits did taper off as I got older.
   When my father's Aunt died when I was 10,  her old rocking chair was put in my bedroom.  I woke up once or twice at night with Auntie rocking in the chair saying her Rosary.  I think this was a residual though, since she didn't ever interact with me,  and she had sat in that Chair saying her Rosary every night for 70 years,  since her husband had bought the chair for her.
     I saw my grandmother peaking at me from backstage when I singing in the School Christmas concert in 5th grade,  even though she had died in a car accident that afternoon.
     I didn't see my mom at my wedding,  but everyone in the church smelled her perfume,  and none of the other woman in the church wore that particular scent. And I felt her hand touch me when I was depressed and crying because of the dissolution of that marriage.   I've also smelled my grandfather's stinky cuban cigars,  as have others in the boarding house -- they've even called the landlord and accused me of smoking them in my room.

I believe they do pass on to the afterlife,  but the love remains,  and in that way they can stay connected,  and come visit.

Edited by Judecat, 08 August 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#14 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

My (deceased) father is just sitting here laughing right now.  I read the title of the thread and then asked him if I'd ever been haunted by a deceased relative.

He's the reason I got into this whole field.

He died about a decade ago (actually, November 30 will be 10 years) and proved to me the day he died that he would continue to be in my life.  When I moved into the house before the one I live in now I started noticing some very clear signs that there was paranormal activity... and paranormal activity that was not usual to my father.

The story is somewhere in the archives (or lost over the years) here on GS.  Basically, he made up an Amityville Horror style haunting.  Weird smells, weird noises, flickering lights, moving objects, doors being messed with, full body apparitions...  all because he wanted a specific psychic to come to my house and tell me something I wasn't ready to listen to myself.

My father's pretty much a constant around here.  So is my father-in-law.  My husband's grandmother pops in now and then, as do my grandmother, my uncle, my aunt and several other relatives on both sides of the family.  It's no big thing.  It's not at all scary.  It's comforting that they take time out of their busy lives to come check up on us.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:25 AM

View Postrookie7m4, on 06 August 2011 - 08:22 AM, said:

And for those of you who would like to see another touching video about our relatives coming back from The Other Side - check out this video!...

Posted Image

Thank you for the links to the videos :thanks:
Posted Image

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

View PostTantric Kitten, on 08 August 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

My (deceased) father is just sitting here laughing right now.  I read the title of the thread and then asked him if I'd ever been haunted by a deceased relative.

He's the reason I got into this whole field.

He died about a decade ago (actually, November 30 will be 10 years) and proved to me the day he died that he would continue to be in my life.  When I moved into the house before the one I live in now I started noticing some very clear signs that there was paranormal activity... and paranormal activity that was not usual to my father.

The story is somewhere in the archives (or lost over the years) here on GS.  Basically, he made up an Amityville Horror style haunting.  Weird smells, weird noises, flickering lights, moving objects, doors being messed with, full body apparitions...  all because he wanted a specific psychic to come to my house and tell me something I wasn't ready to listen to myself.

My father's pretty much a constant around here.  So is my father-in-law.  My husband's grandmother pops in now and then, as do my grandmother, my uncle, my aunt and several other relatives on both sides of the family.  It's no big thing.  It's not at all scary.  It's comforting that they take time out of their busy lives to come check up on us.

I would Posted Image my mum to pop in. Although i know when she is around I would love to see her. You are very lucky...... Thank you for sharing!
Posted Image

#17 rookie7m4

rookie7m4

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

View Postklainey, on 09 August 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

Thank you for the links to the videosPosted Image

klainey - You are very welcome!  :D

- also -

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Both my parents passed in the last 6 years. I see no indication them showing up or trying to make contact. And I had a very strong feeling after they passed that they moved on and are not looking back
Posted Image

#19 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

MY Grandma Lucy is here on a regular basis. I was her favorite grandkid,and we were friends ,over and above being related,we were friends. She has/had a temper,and had a way to let people know when she was upset.  
  I have things velcroed to the top of the tv set,because Chase (my youngest) runs through the living room to the playroom and it keeps things from falling off. I have a picture of my Gram up there,and a statue I painted that she had in her house,and I HAD a picture of Bob's parents on their wedding day.....every morning that picture of them would be on the floor,not anything else. I would pick it up and velcro it back on,and the next morning,it would be on the floor. Finally I switched the picture with a statue of Snow White, everything stays put now.
  My cousin Carrie and I were visiting one day ,and laughing about Gram's temper....her picture came straight off the television about three feet,and fell. Carrie sat there with her mouth open.
  My Grandma hated her sister Hazel,a lifelong hate that was mutual. Hazel's daughter is a good friend though,and has been to visit my house. Now,Gram was never in my house,she saw the outside of it when we were looking at houses to buy,but she had her stroke and was unable to see the inside before she died. About a month ago Beth (Hazel's daughter ) called and said she was in NY and wanted to visit....she showed up,and had her Mom with her.......  While sitting in the living room a picture of my daughter (Autumn) flew off the wall to the left to hit her,at the same time a picture of me flew off the wall to the right to hit me. I have had those pictures in the same spot for 7 years!!!   That was witnessed by Beth,Hazel,my Mom,Bob (my husband) Autumn ,and me.  Bob was facing the wall and said that just before,Autumn's picture turned up and slid up to the right ,before coming off the wall.   We all said that Gram was mad that Hazel was in my house.
What is this ghost shadow that brushes my shoulder?
The night wind whispers and I must follow. Long is the shadow cast by the black wings of fear.

Posted Image

#20 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

View Postklainey, on 09 August 2011 - 05:30 AM, said:

I would Posted Image my mum to pop in. Although i know when she is around I would love to see her. You are very lucky...... Thank you for sharing!

I do know how you feel.  My grandfather has never come back, at least not that I've ever known or remembered (a lot of them talk to me in "dreams"... which can be quite embarrassing if someone pops in on one of "those" dreams... and it has happened!).  I miss him terribly and wish I could see him once in a while.

My grandmother had something to tell me shortly after she died (17 years ago) and I didn't see her again until I was on an investigation where there was something fairly nasty quite recently.  I was having a psychic look around and all of a sudden I noticed her standing between me and the nasty... completely shocked me!  I thought she'd good and moved on once she'd said what she wanted to tell me.  Another sensitive that was there with me asked me right when I noticed her who that woman was... she knows my guides as well as I do and didn't recognize her.  It took my uncle many years to show up for me, too, almost 20, although I knew he was around because he would pop in when someone was giving me a reading every once in a while.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 09 August 2011 - 02:19 PM.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users