• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#21 NIKKI_SIXX

NIKKI_SIXX

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

I got my hands on a copy of the Barton Mansion DVD from a friend and we took it down to my studio and loaded it on my computer. I have my computer hooked up to a Mac cinema display and to an LCD projector to see my work on an 8'x8' screen. We took the video into final cut pro and broke it down at 30 frames per second. I have to admit that this thing coming out of the closet looks much different slowed down and with the quality that the DVD offers. In the 30 frames per second this thing moves in different directions in each frame! And the face actually looks like it changes shape. The lantern is actually a kerosene style lantern that must have been lit by a match or looks a hell of lot like one. The clothing looks tattered and stringy and is much more visible on the DVD. On the projector at 8'x8' the face is clearly not a mask! It's either an old dude with a really weathered face thatís over 7í tall and with the pointiest ears ever or some sort of  paranormal entity. The eyes move and so do the ears, this could not be mask. Enough said, this is a funky video thatís going to keep me checking my closet at night!

#22 Jay

Jay

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE(NIKKI_SIXX @ Feb 10 2005, 12:03 PM)
I got my hands on a copy of the Barton Mansion DVD from a friend and we took it down to my studio and loaded it on my computer.

View Post

I've tried emailing them about a copy but afer one reply asking me where I live (Europe) they didn't reply anymore sad.gif

Too bad, I wanted a copy to check it out too ... Scary $**t tho biggrin.gif pardon my Dutch wink.gif

#23 Eclectic420

Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:09 AM

greetings,

i may have to jump into this soon myself.

i have a copy of the dvd myself. got it the first time around the barton guys came here. if this stays put ill add my own debunking of this....a lot is seen in the dvd..more than just at the web site or thier messge board.

i am a bit curious though. nikki_sixx...by any chance (not that your going to admit it)are you connected with barton? maybe cody from over there or one of the other guys?

im asking cause i remember them posting under fabricated names here in order to pull our members over there. it got pretty heated an childish. also you seem to be rather knowing on the subject for someone to just have found the site. price of dvd, not being payed for dvd, this an that.......honestly theres been a few things you have said that hint that you are doing what they did last time around. the whole, my friend just happened to have a copy of the dvd laying around thing.....yeah they did that here the last time.

not to mention, you havent posted on a single thread regarding anything other than barton mansion. this alone makes me question your motives. trying to drumm up more exposure for barton?

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind

#24 Guest_HIGH TECH HILLBILLY_*

Guest_HIGH TECH HILLBILLY_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:11 AM

I wish i could watch the video but anytime i go to the website and click on it nothing happens can anyone tell me a place you can go to watch it thanks in advance

#25 NIKKI_SIXX

NIKKI_SIXX

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 09:55 AM

In reply to someone that questioned if Iím with the guys at Barton. No. I have only commented on this thread because of the topic. I found out about Barton mansion not too long ago and hunted around paranormal sites to see if anyone had any info on this subject. This message board seemed to have the most activity and probably more people that research the paranormal. I started a thread only to be re-directed by a moderator to an older thread about the Barton mansion. Someone else started this thread that has 650 posts all over the message board. Do you feel this person is associated with the Barton mansion too, trying to drum up business? My friend didnít "just have this DVD lying around" he ordered it a long time ago and mentioned it to me but I had forgotten and when I told him about this website that was pretty freaky he told me that it was old news and that he even had the DVD. So I had him bring it down to my recording studio and we loaded that bad boy up and the rest was explained in my last post.  And I probably will be posting in other areas as time permits. Thanks for your concerns.

#26 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:34 PM

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I don't know if the thing coming out of the closet is someone in a costume, or if it indeed is a ghost. I do feel that the reaction form the guy running away is real though. He seems genuinely scared.
Our own Ms. MercuryGStudy speaks to Cody and the guys from Barton Mansion from time to time. I know that she says that they have always maintained that they didn't fabricate this.

And, let's just remember to give evryone the benefit of the doubt. Nikki_Sixx (The Crue is one of my favorite bands) has said that he is not over here drumming up business for Barton Mansion, let's just leave it at that.  smile.gif

#27 DarkOne

DarkOne

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:10 AM

Well to be honest several of my friends as well as my self have spent alot of time analyzing the videos from the site.We spent about a week and half back over the summer looking at them and trying to debunk it.Honestly,I need a copy of the dvd to be able to give my complete opinion.Part of me screams hoax,while another part of me is telling me its real.Just something about the film.The way the guys reacted is almost to real to be fabricated.also,if someone was trying to create a hoax,dont you think they would have gotten a more clear shot of the creature instead of the shakey and quick glance?Im trying to get my hands on a copy of the dvd.Once i have that i can give a more detailed account of what i think.

Edited by DarkOne, 15 February 2005 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image
DarkOne-[Noun]; A person of questionable sanity.

#28 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:27 AM

I dunno, their website sure seems designed to make them money, that alone makes me suspicious
Posted Image

#29 cvzdesign

cvzdesign

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:52 AM

I also get an error message when I try to view the video on their site.
It says that there is something quicktime needs that is not available on their site.
I guess I just have too new a system to view their older file.
I can see other quicktime files just fine.

#30 kohala

kohala

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:05 PM

"The eyes move and so do the ears, this could not be mask. "

Actually there are tons of masks out there that have parts that move independently.  A good friend of mine works at Warner Brothers studios and  her costumes at halloween are horrifying, last year she had a separate head ( she went as a two-headed Medusa) that blinked, looked around and could move its mouth all independently- with the use of microchips.  She did my costume and I looked identical to the blonde vampire from Van Helsing--

I am not saying this thing isn't real, I am just pointing out that technically with the right makeup and wardrobe it could be REALLY difficult to tell truth from fiction.

#31 ForeverKnight

ForeverKnight

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

My husband, Leif, and I were discussing this video as well.  We were talking about how geniune the guys were scared.

I have to agree with others saying that either this is two things.  They guys were pranked or this is real.

We discussed some facts about the video.  The shear enormity of this person/thing coming out of the closet.  In the beginning of the video it pans and you can see into the closet.  From pictures of the closet on the website you can see that there isnt much room in that closet and someone that large would have been seen.  

I agree it looks like the typical ghoulish costume but then again.. who's to say things like this dont exist??

We were watching the actions of this creature very carefully and this person/thing moved in the motion of the proportionate frame.  The knees where it bends is very clear.  

Another thing is if this thing wanted to attack them it would have come out much faster.  

A theory*these are based on beliefs and will seem silly to some*  we came up with was that with the occult.  The circle they found was a "summoning" circle.  The meat or whatever was an offering as found in many summoning circles.  People who summon usually summon elementals or other creatures defined as beings like what you saw coming out of the closet.  My impression of the thing coming out of the closet was coming to them... but not with the intention of hostility.   A creature that is summoned usually is summoned to do the bidding of the summoner.  Wouldnt that make sense of how the creature came out of the closet?  My guess is that *in theory* the summoning failed that night but the action and charged atmosphere with those two guys visiting brought the right chemistry to summon the creature.  Why would it show up in the upstairs closet?  They were in the house long enough to bring enough energy.   In theory closets are portals.  Thats why many children have spirits appear in closets.. I myself had a portal in my closet. *long story*

Besides if the prankster in costume wanted to scare them there are few things left to question... How would they know that they were coming?  And you would have heard them in the building.  Older buildings like that carry sound really easily.

All in all it leaves alot open to speculation.  Nothing will ever be proof unless you are there and stay to confront it.  rolleyes.gif   Besides none of us were there so its very easy because of lack of proof to call it fabricated.  

These are my speculations. wink.gif  Haha  Take them with a grain of salt or however you wish.
-Rebekah
user posted image

#32 sarahbird

sarahbird

EVP

• GS Member
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, PARANORMAL, drawing, writing, etc.<br /><br />I love learning about the paranormal, and I believe the best way to do that is to talk to other people about it! I'm an active member in many paranormal forums, and even a mod in one! I think it's important to be a member of several different forums because you can learn from different people that way.

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:37 PM

Those vids are crazy! I'm not sure what to think. It's very easy to just say it's another 'Blair Witch Project' thing and be done with it.

I do believe that the guys' reactions were real, so either it was a very good hoax that they knew nothing about, or it was real.

#33 TenSeven

TenSeven

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE(NIKKI_SIXX @ Feb 10 2005, 12:03 PM)
In the 30 frames per second this thing moves in different directions in each frame! And the face actually looks like it changes shape. The lantern is actually a kerosene style lantern that must have been lit by a match or looks a hell of lot like one. The clothing looks tattered and stringy and is much more visible on the DVD. On the projector at 8'x8' the face is clearly not a mask! It's either an old dude with a really weathered face thatís over 7í tall and with the pointiest ears ever or some sort of  paranormal entity. The eyes move and so do the ears, this could not be mask. Enough said, this is a funky video thatís going to keep me checking my closet at night!

View Post

Thanks for the info and the photo. Do you have any others?

I saw the video a couple of times, and I agree that those boys were truly terrified. I also think that if it was fabricated, then word would have gotten around by now. There is no fun in perpetuating a fraud for years, when you can admit it was a joke and have a good laugh. At least, that's my take.

#34 NIKKI_SIXX

NIKKI_SIXX

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:23 PM

I will try and make still shots that are zoomed in of the entity from the DVD. It looks much different when you have it blown up on a projector. Like I said, im viewing the DVD on an 8x8 screen, its a bit pixilated but you can see the detail better. I will try to save some shots and post them on my next post.

#35 ForeverKnight

ForeverKnight

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:49 PM

I look forward to any images you can get from the DVD. biggrin.gif
-Rebekah
user posted image

#36 NIKKI_SIXX

NIKKI_SIXX

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:21 PM

IM GOING TO TRY AND MAKE SOME HI-RES PICS FROM THE DVD THIS WEEKEND. I WILL POST THEM AS SOON AS I DO. I WAS FOOING AROUND WITH THIS PICTURE LAST NIGHT BUT COULDNT GET IT ANY CLEANER THAN THIS? I KNOW A GRAPHICS GUY THAT DOES ART WORK FOR ME AND HES STOKED TO PLAY WITH THIS DVD AND SEE WHAT HE CAN DO TO CLEAN IT UP AND MAKE CLEAR IMAGES OUT OF IT. MAYBE WE CAN GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BARTON THING AFTERALL.

SIXX

#37 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:16 PM

Sounds good Nikki, but could you not type in all cap next time? It seen as shouting on the board. I am looking forward to seeing what your friend comes up with though!

#38 NIKKI_SIXX

NIKKI_SIXX

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:09 PM

Sorry about typing in all caps. I usually do that in email and never thought of it being seen as shouting. SHOUT AT THE DEVIL!

Im going to work on the still shots tonight and I hope to have something good to post tomorrow. I read on another board that they were going to go to the barton mansion on that show TAPPS? Interesting.....

SIXX

#39 MsMercury

MsMercury

Pareidolia

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts
  • Interests:lying on the beach drinking beer

Posted 28 February 2005 - 12:44 AM

I have a copy of the dvd too.  I am no expert or anything but it doesn't look fabricated to me. I had a few conversations with Cody via email and i've read the message board on the site. They seem genuine about it. In the video, their fear seems real. If it's fabricated then it was someone pulling a prank and the guys didn't know about it. As far as them doing an investigation on TAPs, they'd have to get permission from the new owners and the place had been totally remodeled.

#40 Pandora

Pandora

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:07 PM

The very fist time I saw that video the demon reminded me of "Nosfuratu" the really old versions.